Is opening the “third eye” necessary in evocation

Title says most of it, Do I have to “open my third eye” to evoke demons and spirits and make pacts

1 Like

And if it is necessary how would you go about it

It’s not 100% necessary, but it’s helpful.

Try invoking an entity that can open it for you, and start working with them.

4 Likes

It’s not necessary. The Hindu chakra system wasn’t even part of the Western Ceremonial Tradition until it was imported by the Golden Dawn from Theosophy in the early 20th century. They’re not even mentioned in Franz Bardon’s Initiation Into Hermetics, one of the best magical development systems out there, so don’t stress about needing to open the “third eye.”

You will naturally begin to perceive spirits the more you work with them, but I concur with @Yazata-Mithra, that you can ask a spirit to help open your Ajna if you want to speed things up. You can also vibrate the Hindu Bija mantra for it daily for 108 reps.

7 Likes

What entire can help you to unlock your 3rd eye

@DarkestKnight has some good suggestions. Lucifer helped me, but it took a lot of meditating too. It’s a process no matter who you ask for help, but the help is nice.

2 Likes

Some entities that can help:

Paralda, Elemental King of Air
Lucifer
Azazel
Belial
Archangel Gabriel
Lilith
Archangel Raphael
The Angel of Vision Paltator, from Kingdoms of Flame

The list is endless and can include almost any spirit you work with regularly, even a succubus or familiar.

6 Likes

Daemon Lepaca or Lepacha is good for opening any given chakra

5 Likes

I would be remiss if I didn’t also include EA’s magnificent Blue Ray Meditation:

4 Likes

Evoke as often as you can and make exercises that open your astral senses, with practice your 3rd eye will get opened.

4 Likes

I’d suggest you to not make the same mistake I did by opening and working just on the 3rd eye and neglecting working on the other chakras.

3 Likes

can i pm you to ask something about your statement here ?

Sure.

@DarkestKnight

I wonder which spirit is “the best” in helping opening our senses. Maybe a normal succubus isn’t as powerful as Lucifer or Belial in these things right?

If you want the best potency to work with, I’d figure that calling demons would be better. Correct me if i’m wrong :smiley:

In my opinion, there is no “best” spirit for opening your senses because every spirit helps just by their very presence in your Temple but those with stronger energy like Lucifer or Belial or Azazel might have a more pronounced effect, and spirits who specialize in things like prophecy and divination can help develop the specific senses required for those skills but not so much generally, I have found.

What is a “normal succubus?” Every succubus spirit is different, with different skills and talents, but the very fact that they are among the most physical of spirits, and manipulating energy is as natural to them as breathing is to us, lends to my opinion that they are very well suited to helping with the development of the senses, even more so than the general powerhouses like Lucifer or Belial. Plus, when you call a succubus, you get a spirit that is more in tune to your personal energetic frequency, because they are bound to you.

Personally, I don’t believe that the “senses” need to be opened, but rather the perception of the mind needs to be properly tuned and a succubus is particularly suited for that.

A succubus is a demon :slight_smile: As for potency, the only real difference I can see, is that a powerhouse like Lucifer or Belial might force development through intense energy which can be traumatic, whereas a succubus will most likely do so slowly and gradually as she would have your well being in mind, something the other spirits might not.

In EA’s evocation course, he doesn’t have the student call Lucifer or Belial to help develop the senses, but the Elemental King of Air, Paralda, who reigns over all aspects of the mind, and the Neptunian spirit Mesphitahl, both of which are quite powerful in the task.

The list of spirits that can aid in the development of the senses are as varied as the humans that call upon them, and I think it is just up to personal choice which you choose.

3 Likes

Agreed! Lepaca is great for many things

1 Like

Can I practice this meditation without a candle to just visualize the candle

1 Like

Yes, you can, as long as you can draw the energy of the candle into your Ajna, which is the important part.

I have never done it that way though, so I can’t speak to the efficacy of it over doing it with an actual physical candle.

1 Like