Is magick really THAT effective?

Excuse me, but this is a juvenile point of view. LHP or not, the current COVID crisis doesn’t end in good measure because people is fucking stupid and doesn’t follow the precautions guidelines. It’s a virus, or what’s the same, a living thing. Millions and millions of living things. You’re not going to kill them all with magick. Oh, well, I’m sure you could try, but good luck with that.

Look, buddy, nobody likes being stuck, but an average person should understand why the lockdown is a thing and why staying at home is the right thing to do. Stuff like this has happened in the past, it never was so severe because there wasn’t a middle class and way less people could travel, but this is our reality now and trying to act all edgy 14 years old kid “I do as I please” in the face of a global emergency wouldn’t help anyone.

In this case? Protecting others is protecting yourself. Period.

8 Likes

I’ll take this as you introduction post, since you haven’t made any other, I’ll change a bit the title to be more obvious and I’ll move it to the appropriate section.

5 Likes

It’s not against my will and I honestly don’t care to do anything about it, I might in fact even enjoy all this. Sorry, not all of us wear a super hero cape and care to save the world. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

I am not held against my will in quarantine :woman_shrugging:t2:
Because I care about “me”-things first and “me”-things are going well.
I don’t feel that I am obliged to “save” the world or make it a better place just because I have some rad things under my sleeve.

6 Likes

Hehe you sound like me. Op while I was reading your post I kept thinking, many of us who truly practice actually don’t mind the extra distance. A lot of us are introverts or have tight social circles anyways.
For me the lock down changed nothing… I was already at home fulltime, my income was not effected, it’s just another day at the park.

Like someone above state, not every place is on lockdown. My county if not my state (I don’t get out much idk) is fully open and operating. We are required to wear masks, but the majority of our locals have rebelled about it due to the inability to identify peeps… and so our shops and stores have changed their signs to recommend wearing masks, but that they won’t stop you from not.

Someone mentioned cycles up there, and that sounds like what I told my daughter. She asked me if the world was ending. No I don’t think so. I think if we look back through the history of this world, it’s just another cycle. There seem to be similarities to the state of the mind of the public and what was going on in the world for the other cycles.

Honestly I am quiet content to rid the cycle out, I feel like it’s a cleansing cycle, similar to how you might burn off the land, in order to replenish it’s nutrients. I’m content to wait until the fires died down, to go back into the world unscathed due to my self isolation.

6 Likes

Restored

3 Likes

Really?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m not :man_shrugging:

Yes, but they are not a cure all. If they were, the Black Death wouldn’t have claimed the lives of thousands of witches and magicians, or the Spanish flu of 1918, and magicians like Donald Michael Craig wouldn’t die of cancer or complications from surgery.

Common sense will trump fantasy every day of the week, and magick does not make one physically immortal or indestructible, contrary to the mad ramblings of the LARPers among us. Washing your hands and wearing a mask when out among the masses will do more to keep you safe and healthy than any spell or ritual.

The human race has survived pandemics before, and we’ll survive this one. As already stated, it is merely a cycle, and we will adapt like we always do. Adaptation is what humans excel at. Really, the biggest problem we face is our our own complacency. This is the first global pandemic in a hundred years, and because of that, no one was really prepared for its effect on modern life. We are so used to things being a certain way that most of us struggle with any major changes (in fact, some big magical operations can cause chaos in your life similar to what the pandemic is causing, because chaos is required for change. Every part of your life must die if you are to be born again).

First you will have to define what you mean by “change your life.” Magick can help you be successful in your endeavours, bring love into your life, make you influential and charming, increase material possessions, make you more creative, heal ailments, and change how you perceive yourself and your place in the universe.

However, it won’t do any of that without cost or effort on your part. Magick is not a “leave your brain at home and live in a fantasy delusion” escape from the world, though there are plenty who use it as such, claiming to possess mighty powers while their physical life is a mess. As anyone who has practiced for a significant amount of time will tell you, there is plenty of pain along the magical path because the forces we call upon make us look at ourselves without our blinders on, and usually what we see ain’t pretty.

10 Likes

tmw no one is forced into quarantine but rather said ppl just don’t have money to do anything or don’t feel like doing anything

People can go out just wear your mask lol

3 Likes

I think the coronavirus we have is better than some possible alternatives that may have otherwise happened.

I really don’t want to get into it any deeper than that, so I request people please not ask. :+1:

7 Likes

My financial didn’t changed at all, and I am doing things as I always did, that also didn’t changed. Do we all have to get nuts because some hate their own house and want to escape from it? :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Honestly, the main reason I have not been tempted to address the coronavirus on a global scale is because I do not feel comfortable actively messing the dna of future generations to that scale. Yes, it sounds cruel and insensitive. I do feel for those suffering from the disease and those who were/are stuck at home. But at the end of the day, it is just my view. Pestilence is a cycle, and it has hit our species for ages and likely will for ages to come. The social systems we have created just do not hold a candle to the deeper cycles of the species.

whether or not the shut downs are a bad thing really depend on how you view them and use your time. I took the opportunity to practice skills that have been nearly lost in our history on top of magic, which I had little time for before the shut down. I am back to work now but the time spent at home helped developed habits that are beneficial and took the time to teach them to others.

10 Likes

Okay I’ll say a few things. Firstly about covid…Im not sure where you live roxsta, but where I’m at, we’ve pretty much conquered the virus. I was just at a party last week lol. It’s only in America where you guys still can’t seem to get your shit together, no offense. So to answer your question, a lot of us aren’t really suffering from the lockdowns anymore. Secondly, it’s much harder to affect global events than it is to affect your own life. The life of a LHP practitioner tends to be a solitary one, so the kind of global co ordination that you’re looking for just isn’t super realistic. Now that I think about it…i don’t think there has ever been a moment in my lifetime where black magicians have come together in the way you’re looking for, in order to combat global issues. It’s just not something we do often. This is a highly individualistic way of life. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that many occultists are rather amused by all this. Within occultism, there are so many different groups, a lot of which don’t even see eye to eye. The amount of people out there who practice Magick as we do here isn’t even 1% of the population. Perhaps not even 0.1%.

Now onto your skepticism. I feel like your question concerning the ability of Magick to affect real change in your life should already be answered, if you did indeed read my success stories thread. I made a point of not including any stories in there that have to do with self help and the like, as I don’t view those successes as particularly extraordinary. So I guess my question back to you is, why were the ~200 stories in that thread not sufficient enough for you? It’s incredibly difficult to prove Magick to people over the internet, so I hope you weren’t expecting one of us to literally pop out of your computer screen and shake your body until you believed, because that’s not quite how Magick works. There’s many examples of magicians in that thread, using Magick precisely when shit hit the fan to save themselves from the brink. Since you seem to have an interest in lust/love Magick, allow me to pull one story out of that thread and you tell me if that was the sort of thing you are looking for.

Is Magick really THAT effective? Yes indeed

6 Likes

Popping on to give my perspective on this, as it’s exactly the sort of question I would’ve had when I started out.

I’m assuming the OP is asking why more black magicians are not actively trying to work together to stop Covid, from the point of view of it being an apparently obviously entirely negative phenomenon and restrictive to each of us individually, as opposed to some moral responsibilty for the ‘greater good’.

If that’s the case, I’ll answer it in a slightly roundabout way, by addressing another common… ‘accusation’ directed at the magical community, that being: ‘if magick really works and is as powerful as it’s made out to be, then why aren’t all magicians millionaires by now?’ I KNOW this will sound like a cop-out or an excuse—but my answer to that would be: because believe it or not, not all people actually WANT that. When you start taking spirituality seriously, whole new worlds of experience open up for you. It is genuinely the case that for a lot of people in the community, having insane amounts of money is not really necessarily an end goal. I have made some MIRACULOUS things happen through magick and through following this path, and I know, literally I KNOW, that it works–but I’m not rich, because quite frankly, I don’t care to be :woman_shrugging:If that were my goal, I know I could probably manifest it, but honestly, I have more important priorities.

Conversely, there can be quite a high level of adversity involved with this way of life (for example: it is quite common to experience literal existential breakdowns due to the expansion of consciousness; spirits are known to set up ‘tests’ for us which can be pretty damn scary/stressful; invoking/evoking certain energies again leads to tangible manifestations within our lives, and so on). Often by dealing with this sort of thing we learn to better overcome obstacles and it leads to personal growth on a level that most people aren’t really used to. So in the same way, what ‘normal’ people might consider to be an obviously highly distressing situation, might for people like us (depending on personal circumstances) not necessarily be THAT much of a big deal. And from reading the other replies on here, and also from my own experience, this does seem to be the case for a lot of us.

I’m not saying this is anything to celebrate, or making light of anyone’s experiences who may be truly suffering due to the virus, just that for me personally I wasn’t massively affected by it (I mean I was to an extent), but I’ve had some positives come out of this whole thing too. In my little microcosm, my reality if you will, Covid is at this point pretty much a non-issue (or at least, only a minor sort of background worry). I am, however, aware that this is not necessarily the case for other people; I am not oblivious to the fact that this IS a big problem for many, many people—again, it is a matter of perspective. I understand that the concept of multiple realities coexisting seems a bit vague and illogical—but Truth IS paradoxical, and once it starts clicking for you and this concept is experienced through personal gnosis- everything starts to make a little bit more sense :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome back @Akasha. With good takes like that, it’s a shame you don’t post more frequently

2 Likes

Honestly mate I’m not. I’m from Kolkata,India and we have a lot of things up and running. Buses and cabs are running and businesses haven’t been having much difference. For love of christ I’m loving the new safety precautions and since I’m a High School Grad about to enter college I’m using this time to be productive at home. I learnt Latin and starting doing a few freelance. In fact I’m happier this summer than I have ever been in my life.

Actually many of us have fed on the coronavirus energies and have created more defenses to use this free power for our purposes. I have been doing a lot of rituals. Once per day in fact and have been using this time to being more productive.

Actually while I have casted protection around my family I dont really care about others. This is time to cleanse our world again. The global warming crisis significantly improved and people became more polarized which helped in this case. Political situations are turning and paving way for individualism which will be needed.

All in all use this to be productive and become a god. Adios!

M.O.Darkson

5 Likes

Aw thank you! I appreciate that :relaxed:

2 Likes

There are things far more restrictive of will than a virus, and a lot of them are man-made, and I think the virus is serving a purpose whether intended or not, though tragically there are casualties. I have my own goals and designs magically that i am interested in doing work to accomplish, coronavirus is not apart of them directly, and i dont consider my own magical practice one that could or should attempt to interfere with natural catastrophes that benefit the earth.

Also, for perspective, my life is NOT in limbo. I get to spend all day working at home and tending my garden of sacred plants, I get to spend my off day learning a new language, learning new (and old ways) of making plant extracts, i get to tend to my shrines, i get to read my books readily, expand to studying ethnomycology as well as the plants, and practice magic. Im left alone to do that - my occupation was forced remote because of the pandemic, and my ability to feed my soul with the things -I- want to do has been vastly improved. From an entirely selfish perspective, why would i contribute to disrupting what has been provided to me as a result?

I also like what was previously mentioned by Keteriya: . “A lot of us are introverts or have tight social circles anyways.“

4 Likes

If magick is really that effective, why aren’t ‘Sorcerers’ battling this Coronavirus yet? And if they ARE pathworking against this virus, why has nothing happened?

First things first; never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid, ignorant and uneducated sheeple. I know, as I continue to use it in My Work.

Second, if you believe that the Lock Down has anything to do with a virus, then you need help of a kind I’m unqualified to offer.

Third, the economic destruction of the Lock Down has really hastened My Work.

Fourth, I know how to cure Covid-19 and I have posted. Alternatively, even if – like me – you’re allergic to Vit.C, when you suffer colds and influenza, for some odd reason, you’re not allergic and can take significant amounts – regularly.

What agenda is being served? Who benefits?

These people are very much modern Magicians and their kind of work relies completely on propaganda – constant and unrelenting – so that most have no inclination or time for anything else but the illusion at hand.

And I mention this, because LHP practitioners apparently detest the concept of having to do anything against their conscious control/will

I got censored and accused of “edgelording” (had to look it up) and that was on the premium lhp website – here. I was delighted!

Al.

6 Likes

Having read all the replies to this thread, I discern two threads of responses. The first thread includes those that ask me some questions, some of them also misunderstanding my intent a little (albeit unintentionally – all is cool )

The second thread of responses actually answers the questions I asked, gives me insights I hadn’t even thought about before – and clarifies a lot of my skepticism.

In replying to the first thread of responses I described above…

Fantastic actually - Hanuman is excellent for driving out unwanted psychic forces - for physical training (callisthenics, martial arts, wrestling, bodybuilding) - for herbal work as well. Also, Hanuman is the chief of Ram’s legion of warriors - so you can be assured of Hanuman’s sheer potency. But since discussing that particular spirit would derail the OP, let us discuss Hanuman on a different thread :slight_smile:

Now,

To those I have quoted above, - I feel my ‘intent’ has been a tad bit misunderstood. I should have phrased myself a lil more succinctly. It’s not that my life has been terribly affected by the Coronavirus so far (fortunately so) - We don’t have an absolute lockdown here - and neither have my loved ones been affected yet.Still, I consider it a violation of my freedom to be forced to wear a mask to venture out. Look at what @Akasha wrote

^for this perfectly sums it up.

To @Anassa @Keteriya and @A_Pariah specifically :
I do not consider myself a saviour of this world - nor do I have inclinations to do so (however changing global affairs to suit my will might appeal to me) I am perfectly alright staying at home going about my business, for there’s a lot of work - many, many books to read, a lot of guitar practising to do etc
but the thing that I found disagreeable was that as magicians, despite the lockdowns having been lifted from many parts of the world we HAVE to (a necessary obstacle on personal freedom) wear a mask while going out (mind you, this is not conscious will on our parts to wear the mask, but something we are forced to do - if we want to save our lives) - as a musician, I see the entire business of LIVE music, rock concerts, happy congregation of people stagnate before my eyes - that too, indefinitely.
It is all well and dandy if you CONSCIOUSLY CHOOSE to remain indoors - but for those that would love to be performing onstage before a sea of thousands of rock-music fans, this is hardly an excellent situation

Thank you all for replying though. Also to @anon47637920 @anon48079295 and @MorpheusDarkson …peace.
:hole: :hole: :hole:

Now, onto the juicier stuff - some of your replies here have indeed given me new insights - for which I am thankful.

Interesting insight right there. This means that the potency of Magick itself is not to be questioned - but it all depends on the personal style of every magician

Now this is esoteric af. And I like that.

Thanks @DarkestKnight

Another interesting insight - that makes me stop questioning the potency of magick itself, but also consider how important the individual Will, and personal decision of each Sorcerer is.Thanks for this man

and

Further affirmation of the tremendous role of the individual will and potency of each magician affecting the “working” of magick than the magick itself. “Do not discount the tool-master, for s/he works the tools” - Thanks @Verdo !

Fucking exactly! Now you’re the only one in this thread that got precisely what I meant.

Again, further reaffirmation. Thanks @Akasha .

I finished reading Evoking Eternity today. The book I had quoted from (out of skepticism) about a global union of Black Magicians to counter the Coronavirus itself offered a quote that complements it - Ironical innit?

“After working with a group of Conjurers, the previously solitary Magician will find power and peace that had hitherto been undiscovered.It is always evidenced, however, that even though a group may work the miraculous together, and even though they may walk the earth as
the unbreakable horsemen of the apocalypse, that this path is a personal one . It is an intimate union between the dying and the Eternal, between man and God… and with such a treasure, s/he continues down that path comfortably alone .” – Evoking Eternity (Koetting)

The final strand of thought I shall be taking from this thread is – that it’s not in the impotency of the Magick itself – but the raw capability – and (most important of all) the Conscious Will of the Magician that affects the potency of the Magick.

This is inspiring for me – for now I see that Magick is potent (which is what I wanted to confirm), and it is upto me to “Do What Thou Wilt” with it. Certainly removes my doubts in the magick itself, and encourages me to unabashedly put my Will into action.

I’ll have an open mind and read up on any further replies from any other members should they choose to chime in but – The purpose for which I’d created this thread has been served, and I stand clarified on a lot of things I wasn’t before.

This was my first post on BALG and I thank you all that has contributed here.

Thank you for giving me the encouragement to learn and grow, into the potent Darkness from which all Light stems.

May the Music of Life guide thee,

Ave Lucifer .

Harey Kṛṣṇa.

4 Likes

As a fellow music-industry-related person I give you the advice to set up merchandise if you make a living out of your art. Even without the plague going on musical artistry on stage doesn’t pay good.
If you’re missing out on the performance aspect only: behold the power of the internet.
“Quarantine concerts” have been a thing and the fact that people have to stay at home pushed some purchases for me recently because they have time to discover new stuff that they like to listen to. You will be able to gather an audience, even if its not right now on stage. Audience is audience, no matter where.
Make collaborations with other musicians. Write and set up a new album. Use the slow speed of things to gather creativity and to try out new things.

1 Like