Is magick for everyone?

In Magick in Theory and Practice, Crowley states that: Magick is for the banker, the pugilist, the biologist, the poet, the navy, the grocer, the factory girl, the mathematician, the stenographer, the golfer, the wife, the Consul…

Do you agree that Magick is for everyone, regardless of background, education, salary, class, gender etc.?

If so, why are not more people practicing magick?

2 Likes

Personally, I agree that external factors like those don’t keep people from the ability to practice. The internal factors on the other hand will, such as being closed minded. One has to be open to the possibilities, and continue their inner growth.

2 Likes

Oh yes, magick is merely the ability to work energy using your own energy body’s connections to the universe with feedback via the subtle senses.

If they were taught how as children in school they would. So ask why it’s not taught bey parents and schools? The answer lies in history and unfortunately politics, and we can’t get much into politics as we have a moratorium on discussing that on BALG… But you can lookup for yourself what happened to the mystery schools, to the Knights Templar, to the Falun Gong, to the Tibeetan Monks, to the shamanic tribesof te Natve Americans,to the Witches during the witchhunts and Malleus Maleficarum… how they were all persecuted and to survive went underground, wrote grimoires that look like nonsense because they’re coded with blinds, and the mysteries became only for the initiated.

It became a joke: "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!" (Monty Python) But the church in the west crushed, subverted, rewrote, conquered,killed and converted pagans and Gnostics alike. The full story is in pieces, parts of it saved in traditions the world over.

What we have left was clawed back, rediscovered and rekindled and is a pale shadow of what was. As mages that are not in mystery schools today we do our best to learn and make out own connections with the unseen, but it’s hard work, and it’s stigmatsed so it’s swimming against the tide.

Many come to this on our own against the wished of family or friends who think we’re crazy or evil. (Evil was also invented by the church to weaponize pagan gods against people, as was dulaity, sin and damnation: it’s all politics and power mongering.)

So yeah, magick is normal, it’s everyone’s birthright and it actually hurts people to be affected magickally every day and not have a clue what’s going on or what they can do about it.

8 Likes

Yes, magick is for everyone. There is nothing preventing every single human being from practicing it except personal belief.

Why don’t more people do high level mathematics? Why don’t more people play football? Why don’t more people read classic works of literature?

These are all things every human being is capable of doing, but that most don’t have any real interest in committing time and effort towards. It’s the same with magick. While some might be drawn to the practice, or have a special affinity for it, it doesn’t necessarily appeal to everyone (and to be honest, real magick is work, and not like it is often portrayed in popular culture where you can snap your fingers and have your desires fulfilled).

5 Likes

When it is stated otherwise i. e. that maybe for someone Magick doesn’t work, I don’t agree so much; basically, it’s only that certain conditions should be met. Excelling in the occult is another matter; then, a lot of people doesn’t walk this path because of not believing (that’s why I disagree also with “If it was real, then everyone would summon spirits” etc.)

It would be hard for military people to practice magick, I don’t even know if they have the time to meditate (espacially Ukrainians and Russian who fight at this exact time)

Tho, I wonder how an army would be if they had the helps of many entites

We already know that Vikings and especially Berserkers were a pain in the ass for their opponents
But they only used Pagan Gods, imagine an modern army with Celestials, Infernals and Goetia entites with them :bomb:

Magick is not for anyone. It requires the ability to think outside the box but also to think objective which most people lacks as they are either to subjective or to rational/objective. Then there is the will and dedication. Most witches and magicians develop their powers through either a religious or spiritual dedication meaning that the practice of magick is primary for personal development rather than wanting just power.

The Age of Enlightening combined with the protestant reformation created a negative view on rituals in general which includes both magicial and religious as it became associated with primitive superstition.
Besides, if magick became proven then witches and magicians would lose their power as anyone would be able to protect themselves against curses, hexes and spells either by their own practice or paying a witch or magician like people did and still do in primitive societies. So I pray the majority would remain skeptical.

2 Likes

Regarding the military, there was a program called “Project Stargate” that recruited occultists and psychics to do remote viewing. In the former Soviet Union, there was a similar program. These are referenced in the movie, “Men Who Stare at Goats” about a top-secret wing of the U.S. military that had “warrior monks” that did surveillance and mind control missions.

So, the military and intelligence agencies do practice magick.

PROJECT STAR GATE | CIA FOIA (foia.cia.gov) - Central Intelligence Agency

1 Like