Is it possible to summon entities without using candles or incense?

i only have the ability to use papers, pens/pencils, and a cup of water. are these things viable for me to summon them? i really have no other methods

2 Likes

You don’t need those. You can use a pathworking/visionary magick. You can gaze at their sigil/name or chant (internally or externally) their enn or their name. If you’re in the right frame of mind to do magick, it’s all the same.

10 Likes

Exactly. Tools are just to help

3 Likes

thank you! i’ll look into that

1 Like

That cup is also an aid because water, fire and blood help accessing the spirit world, so it’s almost like a candle. Besides it replaces incense about the “manifestation” part, because you can scry the spirit appearance in it; lastly, I once read or heard that water is an hindrance to negativies.

4 Likes

I accidentally summoned Kali by looking at pictures of her. She showed up out of nowhere and I was like “ohshitwhatdoidowhatdoidowhatdoido”. :person_gesturing_ok::person_gesturing_ok::person_gesturing_ok::hushed::open_mouth: She eventually left. This was back in Dec when I first created an account here. :expressionless: As you can see I’m not used to working with entities and totally dropped the ball.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call that dropping the ball :stuck_out_tongue: if anything that’s a, uh… slam dunk? Home run?

Am also definitely used to entities showing up unannounced. Especially if it’s in a big way that can’t be ignored. You get used to it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The summoning part yes. My response? Not so much. I could have at least said Hi. :woman_facepalming:

Yeah, I usually see stuff randomly in my 3rd eye not physically feeling someone in the room with me. That part will definitely take some getting use to. I look forward to this part though. :heart: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Try this:

2 Likes

I’ve done ritual on a yoga mat, across from my bed, with tarot cards, 2 electronic candles (for light), and my pen and paper.

Candles, incense, athames, wands, and whatever else are fun and great, but not needed. Sure they make you feel really awesome, but calling a spirit is more you than materials. Have a method of communication prepared though. If you hear them, great. Otherwise, tarot, pendulum (super easy to come by), etc. are wonderful.

3 Likes

Raphael once answered my call in a ritual imposing him for his help.
I am a basic practitioner, I will and can admit this.
I tied a circle of my martialists belts around me fastened loosely with tape, and electronic candles were my candles at each quarter.
I was pinpointed by an acupuncture type feeling in the middle of a sholderblade.
It seems tension and stress resulted in a muscle knot, causing other problems.
I now use water cups I my rituals, even if I am not evoking.
I dont know how, but I forgot to scry the cups during my rituals, but its okay, angels have known how to communicate with me in the past, by sign or song.

1 Like

thank you so much! this was a huge help!

2 Likes