Is it possible to mix the Paths

But as a chaote, wouldn’t you accept that belief has power, and so do created currents (traditions), so someone offering a thing that’s taboo within one system could in fact be catastrophic, even if your base principle is to find what works in every system and discard the pointless stuff?

Ask the spirits, know your correspondences, and do enough research to know whether there’s likely to be a clash, and things should be fine, isn’t that something we’re generally agreed upon? :thinking:

1 Like

A ceremonial magician nearly ruined his life by invoking Yemeja and Oya into the same circle because while in his paradigm they fit the elements of the west and north, in Santeria mythology they hate each other with passion.

I am just trying to help, because of concern. If you did not experience this, then don’t take it personally. There are some forms of music, that I think suck and some other people have said the music I listen to sucks, their opinion about the music I listen to is not a threat to me , nor does it need to reflect upon me or vice versa. If you want , just choose out of site out of mind.

I think some of you , perhaps without realising it are taking a post modernist point of view, where you can just break things down until the have no more meaning or truth

This was done as a prank

and people thought it was an actual art exhibit

1 Like

To a certain degree it may be true also in this case what Guénon affirmed, against both mixing traditions and jumping from one to another. I (for example) consider to have found a middle ground, but really, if I didn’t complete a path I’m doing one of the aforesaid things.
Then again, I feel like I gained something and that I don’t lose it… so after all some accumulation of the profits takes place, it seems.

1 Like

If it works for me, then it has truth and meaning to me. If a magician got his life ruined bc he mixed 2 spirits that he shouldn’t have, that’s on him. I know better than to mix 2 spirits that hate each other. I mix magic systems, and I always get permission from the spirits I’m working with before I perform any spell or ritual. I know magicians who got their lives ruined following dumb advice from other people who followed traditional rules when they started out. This is why many people don’t end up on the same path that they started out on.

1 Like

“Do as thou wilt is the whole of the law.” – A. Crowley

LHP, RHP, CHAOS, etc. Whatever path or paths you’re on. Whatever works for you.

2 Likes

He was talking about the higher Will; the Thelema - the reason for incarnation; not about doing everything that tickles your fancy at any particular moment.

1 Like

Simple answer…yes.

2 Likes

If it’s “Do what thou wilt” then why can’t I do what I want? :thinking:

We always can, it’s the consequences part most people don’t like. :wink:

5 Likes

I do accept that belief is power, but I think that actively denying learning when it isn’t directly from your primary path to be fallacious at best. There is always insight everywhere.

2 Likes

Ah then we may be talking at cross purposes, there’s a difference between mixing methods and spirits in the same rituals and workings, and acquiring learning from different paths.

The 2nd is very valid and holds little danger, unless the person’s prone to despising themselves for not having realised the “latest new truth” all along.

1 Like

To reach your full potential it’s good to be devoted to a single path.
At some point, it’s quite possible to expect that you can expand in some other directions, or even be drawn to something different. It happens to almost every serious practitioner.

1 Like

Honestly don’t get caught up in left hand path or right hand path or any of that stuff. Everything can work for you just have to decide what.

1 Like

Exactly a lot of people have taken me out of context or perhaps I was not clear. I just said not at the same time, but exploring different paths is good. I just meant for example in the extreme a person does not mix to many different cultural tradtions in the same ritual. Example, I invoke the satan, jesus , mickey mouse , odin, zeus , Jupiter and the loa and fred flinstone.
Someone said using the right corresepondences and that is exactly what I said. A lot of people just over reacted with so much emotional zeal

2 Likes