Is it possible to mix the Paths

Find a good path that appeals to you and learn the basics of the arts. Then branch out to what else appeals to you. I used to have apprehension on mixing my paths but my fellow BALGers gave me some tips.

4 Likes

Yea alot of us branch out into other paths.

I havenā€™t had any issues. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never had any issues with mixing paths. I combine different styles of magic from different cultures and my results always turn out fine. I always have my correspondences on point and I always receive the outcome that I ask for.

1 Like

Do you mix at the same time in the same ritual?

I did with Azazel and the other gatekeepers and Papa Legbaā€¦and other Lwa ā€¦
Not sure if ritual would be the right term. I just had business to take care of and Legba wanted part of the action. I guess it was a ritual of sorts.

Thats interesting, but a lot of people have said that, its a belief in many traditions and well studied and powerful witches and occultists. How long have you been practicing? Its just my opinion but I think your playing Russian Roulette and sooner or later it could happen. Not a threat, just an opinion. But if nothing happens, well I guess all these people are wrong

1 Like

Iā€™m didnā€™t say they were. ā€¦ maybe thatā€™s how their minds need to precieve things but Iā€™m not the only one on this thread that said they mix up the paths ā€¦Iā€™m sure all of us arenā€™t wrong either. Aiden and frater are two damn good magicians. @Aiden_Crow would be my first choice for a go to magician and he even said in this thread he mixes them.
My pantheon is Egyptian. ā€¦ but we also come from the Lovecraftian current so why wouldnā€™t we work with both?
Most currents or paths just build on the otherā€¦ sumerian Egyptian. ā€¦ babylonian all build on each other. Everything connects.

3 Likes

In my opinion, mixing the paths is fine, but ask first. If you are working in a specific current and want to branch out, ask the spirits you trust and see if it will interfere or not. Usually they will guide you toward other spirits that will help your growth.

3 Likes

As a chaote, I find it offensive that you would say someone blending ideas and currents is like ā€˜playing russian rouletteā€™. But thatā€™s just my opinion. Some of my best ideas came about by blending ideas and currents, heck my entire paradigm is unified blending of all the other paradigms Iā€™m aware of.

2 Likes

Why would you be offended, if you think its not true, then disregard it. I think over eclecticism is shallow. Traditions are not built in a vacuum. i supposed you believe in evoking Tyler Durden?

1 Like

There is a difference between blending systems with eclecticism.
You can evoke anything if you can put your mind to it. What you actually get is a bit iffy, but if it exists, you can evoke some form of it.

Iā€™m offended because you are saying that blending systems is ā€˜badā€™ at best and ā€˜catastrophicā€™ at worst.

1 Like

My mind is explore Draconian current adding some Ahrimanic elements.

Stop limiting yourselves and others. You want to walk amongst Godā€™s or even transcend them, yet you limit each other because itā€™s ā€œRussian rouletteā€ or it ā€œinterferesā€.

Whatā€™s shallow is how everyone limits themselves. Whatā€™s even more shallow is that everyone limits each other. Everyone limits each other and themselves even further with ā€œboxesā€. Guess what? Itā€™s the same thing. Why is everyone so worried about what the other person is doing?

You expect this world to evolve, yet you canā€™t test and tear down the perceptions youā€™ve limited yourselves to? If youā€™ll excuse me, Iā€™m going to destroy something. Iā€™m in a bad mood.

4 Likes

I stand by my beliefs I was not attacking anyone, critical yes, attacking no and anyone can take it or leave it. Are people so weak willed that they can not see an opinion and just take it or leave it. I offered my opinion they disagreed, I am ok with that, I responded. Responding is not harassment

Did someone declare harassment? Seems like I did what you did. Stated my opinion, left it there.

1 Like

ok then everything is fine then

1 Like

Good.

If one sees past the labels, past their own limitations, something beautiful is born.

4 Likes

Sometimes they are nagged past um lmao :rofl: least thats how it was when i branched out into goetic spirits and started exploring black magic of ahriman you can thank the crawling chaos for that messā€¦ The bastard lol :laughing:.

It was a bombardment of synchronicity for over a month with me being stubborn lol same with the divs pointing me to work with goetics. Like ā€œhey,hey, HEYYYYYYY. they can help stupid. book thrown at head now go see what they can do!ā€ Lmao

4 Likes

Any form of magic and/or spirit evocation can be Russian Roulette. Itā€™s a risk you take every single time you perform a spell. I have been a practitioner on and off for 20+ years and Iā€™ve been a spirit medium my whole life. As far as traditional practices go, I donā€™t completely agree with any one practice. I donā€™t agree with labels either like (RHP or LHP). I donā€™t believe in ā€œblackā€ magic or ā€œwhiteā€ magic, itā€™s just magic and oneā€™s intent behind it. I think institutional rules are overbearing, and they didnā€™t always exist. So they werenā€™t valid until people made them valid. Therefore I can combine practices and systems to suit my needs and it always works. Most spirits are comfortable with me as well so they have no problems helping me if I need them to. They also have no problem with my methods of summoning or systems of magic. If it works and you reach your goals, thatā€™s what matters.

1 Like