Is it possible for a person's higher self to turn against them or even betray them?

Has anyone on here experienced this or heard of a person’s Higher Self turning against them? If so, what is the cause of this??

:thinking:

While this indeed is a very interesting concept and question; I’ve never really thought of this question. This question or idea alone proves you are a deep thinker and you ponder a lot.

Now, thinking of this question, I honestly do not believe or think our Higher Self would turn on us, as I believe the Highest Self is our most pure state.

The being would see everything, our “good” and “bad” side. Or whatever conscious this might be, it could not lead us astray, as whatever you did would be part of your path, part of the learning curve you have in this life. Mmmm, don’t you think?

2 Likes

I do ponder, but this question came from me going through a lot lately. Like a lot of betrayal and negativity after i got just a minor breakthrough with Thoth, Lord Moloch and other entities involving certain knowledge of Thaumiel and the creation of the universe, (not the biblical creation, the real creation of our portion of the cosmos) i can’t go into it all, but as soon as i started making just a bit of progress with spirits and the craft, a TON of opposition came out of no where strangers, neighbors, and even family members trying to kill me and some things happened that have me convinced i wasn’t really meant to be born. (Like I’m not suicidal about it, don’t worry. Just things have been going so bad the past year, I’m kinda wondering why tf I’m even existing) If anyone knows if there’s a point along the Path where one’s Higher self deserts you of turns against you, pls lmk if you know of or have heard of any details/causes.

2 Likes

Beloved, toxicity will try to kill you.

Protection spells for you. And banishing spells for the negative energy.

You were meant to be born. Invoke and evoke, you’ll soon see the reason for your existence.

Don’t doubt yourself, look within. Invoke and then evoke. Your moral compass is within the rib cage and the mind.

Logic before emotion at times, my lovely being. Logic before emotion. Emotion and spirit together.

Take a good look at yourself and ask “What can I learn from this experience?”

I’m speaking from personal experience, my beloved, the Higher Self does not lie.

You’re being tested by your higher self to get to a different frequency.

Simple magic stuff: Invoke, evoke, and be thankful to the Gods/Goddesses you work with.

You’re maturing in your path.

5 Likes

I Imagine that it could happen for people to experience something similar to this. In tarot, this is known as “The Devil card” where the individual is faced with a personal struggle between the Higher Self and lower self.

In most cases, this is a sign that the individual is experiencing a clash between their spiritual values and material desires. They feel conflicted about which way to go and often find themselves at odds with their inner self.

Or possibly if they keep making bad choices and not listening to what they really want they could gst an inner turmoil and cause there spirit to be out of balance, Kinda interesting to think about

3 Likes

:seedling::butterfly:

I’m not much of a tarot reader, this makes sense.

Well, my higher self is beyond useless, demons and other spirits have helped me more. I get the vibes that he kinda does not care and maybe even evil to an extent.

2 Likes

Aren’t we all evil to an extent?

Did you discover all the spirits have adopted roles that they have forgotten, which is the cause of the distinction between demons and angels? Demons are angels who, in the veil of forgetfulness, turn on their creator, in the role of the bad guy. And as they become worse become more forgetful. But at the end of all things, everyone will be awakened to the role they were playing, the stage cleared and a new drama written, with new players?

This is what was coming to my mind lately. Forgetfulness of self being a key theme.

It’s possible that the part of your being that has a drive to spiritually ascend could become conflicted with the part that is concerned with physical existence/ survival.

1 Like

Yes Indeed you can.

I remember Ea Koetting doing a curse like this in his Abaddon pathworking, in fact this curse is named “Jiva samsara karma trap” and can be found in the grimoire of Abaddon.

I remember some parts of the curse which he said " your soul turns against you, your mind turns against you" etc.

The element of detaching numerous parts of the self (jiva also known as the living being or the etheric spiritual self who inhabits the body)and turning them against them by justifying their wrong doings as evil (karma, the actions themselves) and binding them (samsara ) is Very interesting concept.

2 Likes

Yet, we would need to have a very specific reason to curse someone this way, would we not?

And there could be times the curse is very justified, depending on the circumstances and when we create this type of energy, it could be we a creating the curse for ourselves, is that partial truth?

1 Like

Sometimes, in order to heal, we must detach ourselves from our bodies to let go of the pain.

The Higher Self sees more than we can ever comprehend when we’re in the middle of our workings!

And therefore, could we not banish our own negative energy to the depths of nothingness as we see ourselves in our imperfect goriness?

Because, the energy has to go somewhere and sometimes we have to acknowledge the darkness of our energy in order to just allow the energy to sit…right?

My curses are done in a manner of justice. I do not necessarily want them to die, I put hand in the manner magicly or not I always seek the most right action that the optimum result will be the benefit of all those involved. If not then destruction is the best for all those involved. I chose to do this because who ever controls the universe or the sequence of events that our lives does a pretty bad job.

The above notion is my bastardisation of the Christian beliefs of the god almighty and let god take revenge on him, which most of the times he does not in so doing I do. The gnostic notion tells us to step up and wear the crown and act rightly, the gnostic notion wants us to get all the power we need and stay humble because we can never bear the full weight of the crown. The gnostic notion aligns more with my personal views and what I am trying to say.

As for energy and mindset used in curses…
I abstain from baneful energies and spells like this, my style of magick right now is will imposing after meditation or at the time I need it.

As long you are detached and do it with your rightness then its fine.

Yes indeed , the mind must be organized and not sporadic and then create something new so we can finally transcend the past.

I agree, but I never rely on it. My job is to become it. Even if its 0.1% closer

I don’t believe in banishing your own self and its negativity at all. I believe in transmutation, because negativity is by your own doing, by your falsehood leading you astray. In Transmutation on the other hand first is grateful for the current conditions even if its negativity and later you forsee the optimum and perfect reality so you can put your head down and do and become what is needed.

The energy must be circulated, the darkness in the manner of self transformation signifies the shadow and negative aspects because when we become something other than optimum it is only natural to be sad, angry and negative so this energy is pledged into the creator’s trash can that happily accepts everything thrown at it: darkness in any way that traditions called it either from the Ahrimanic hells, the qlippoth and the other seven hells.

These negative actions are sucked into various degrees and levels that’s why there many hells.

Acknowledgement is Great because we seek to understand and transmute our negativity and not blame it to the devils or shame it as religious doctrines want you to do, in so doing darkness shows its true form as shimmering and not negative and shadowy. Shimmering darkness feels still and meditative, its like a mirror that once you are Still then light reflects on it.

1 Like

No, only if you’re being a dick. You may e.g. get s slap now and again if you go wandering off the rails <interpret ‘slap’ as you will>…but your best buddie knows you intimately and will know what kind of slap you think you can’t handle but it knows that , on the contrary, you can!

I feel like I have some issues with this but not exactly. I have a very old soul. And I am in a very overly domesticated inhumane country. Sagittarius many times in the chart. I am fighting my human will and my ego for power. It is a constant battle and my brain and thoughts switch. Death card always in my tarot for change, devil for my habits in ego. My mind, emotions and physical are all completely different, can see this in my sun, moon and rising as well. I’ve been confused but more spiritual people have come to me in the physical and change me for the good.

Thank You, lots to think about.

1 Like

I like to use the definition of the higher self as “the higher self is the future version of you who has the life you desire”. It takes out all this me vs it and other nonsense that we come across. I mean, clearly the higher self is the god-self, but when we talk about practical application such as in magic, it is the thing that protects us from doing stupid shit like getting an ex back while letting the rest of our life go to shit. Obviously, you can take the higher self out of the equation, but this makes it clear why you wouldn’t want to. Feel free to disagree and state your own experiences.

People being against you has to do with who you have attracted into your life and how you interact with them. All things that can be fixxed.

1 Like

If you mean that part of you that is seated or directly connected to the astral…
Then the “higher” self is a bit of a misleading term in some schools of thought.

I’m not sure if there is more than one meaning of the term, but I was taught another term is also “auric being” and it is not really “higher” but still directly linked to your personality. So, in esoteric terms…yes it can and will turn against you in a way. Not really in the way you describe or think, perhaps. But if you are on the route to ascension or enlightenment all the temporary/ material parts of your microcosm will try to stop what you’re doing. It’s nothing evil, just a natural effect of self preservation.
I don’t think that is what is going on with you, though. Trying end your life is not really any sign of self preservation. neither is strong and aggressive opposition.
the opposition by the parts that will cease to exist when ascending will more likely show up like, seducing you to do the more fun and non-ascension thing. More doubt about your path than is normal etc.