Is it advisable for a newbie or a lay person to sacrifice a chicken in a ritual, especially a ritual for Baneful magick?

I’ve seen various sources that give conflicting advice. Is it appropriate or not?
How should the animal be prepared for the ritual and how should proper respect be shown?

1 Like

I see this as a layover of old energy from the age of Pisces, that is less effective in eth Age of Aquarius. As such if becomes an expensive offering but is not a sacrifice, because you cant sacrifice something you don’t care about.

To make it a sacrifice you’d have to do what J S Garret does and raise the chickens yourself, take care of them and bond with them, then your pain at having to kill them is the actual sacrifice.

6 Likes

That’s a lot of power that a newbie may find hard to direct. Appropriate isn’t really the question, as a black magician it’s up to you to decide what’s appropriate. The question is if you can sucessfully harness the energy released to tangible effects. My personal recommendation would be to make sure to cast a circle to help contain it while you direct the energy, evoke a baneful spirit of your choice, (I can recommend a few if you elaborate on what results you’re going for, as they each have a certain brand of bane and how they go about dealing with the target) then offer the blood, life, and flesh of the sacrifice to the entity. I recommend a bonfire to burn the sacrifice for maximum energy output. It helps if you bond with the creature a bit as well so you feel pain when you sacrifice it, that respect for life and pain of loss adds to the sacrifice.

2 Likes

My question is in response to this post here where he says he used Marbas and a chicken sacrifice on behalf of clients in Baneful magick. Baneful is what I want. I want to do exactly what he has done here, but he is obviously experienced.

1 Like

Okay, what I was asking was more particulars of what you want to happen to the victim. For instance Marbas often kills through sickness or by trashing their body until they die whereas say Dra’talon likes to torture people and drive them insane before killing them, etc etc. If you’re going for that particular ritual i’d recommend first getting familiar with marbas and connecting with his energy strongly. Its hard to kill with magick generally speaking, but to do so casually like he describes requires a high level of existing connection with the being which allows you to draw on its power in a spell more easily like he describes.

2 Likes

I’ll also add that 3 chickens is not a good bargain for a job that most experienced people can accomplish without blood or only using their own. If you want the target dead and don’t care if it takes awhile go for Dra’talon instead, go through Azazel since he commands Dra’talon and with his approval its a simple matter of evoking Dra’talon and giving him the targets name or transmitting their face telepathically while the communion takes place along with your hatred and desire for them to suffer and die.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your advice. I definitely don’t have the kind of established power for any of that unfortunately.
I prefer things to be quick, harsh and sudden for the target.

2 Likes

Absolutely, if you can preform an evocation go for Glasya Labolas then. He’s usually quick and very harsh with targets. He likes rosemerry and told me to evoke him in the day preferably.

1 Like