Is Batman a Black Magician?

Batman is essentially a ninja. So he uses secret techniques that he was trained to. These Secret techniques as mentioned in the thread above are highly magickal and spiritual in nature. Also, he studied under Ras Al-Ghul who actually is a black magician. Even the name Al-Ghul implies that he is a jinn.

Batman having a combination of Ninja training and Jinn Magick would make him very powerful indeed.

5 Likes

Batman can use simple magic. It was part of his study and training under Zatara, the father of Zatanna, along with sleight of hand and escape artistry. He can’t evoke demons and such but he does know a few tricks.

Batman does not like magic due to its unpredictable nature, however, that doesn’t mean he can’t use it. He hates guns too, but is considered a marksmen with them. He possesses a Word of Power given to him by Zatanna which, when spoken, will neutralise all magick within an area for one hour. He very rarely uses it though, preferring to call in those more well versed in magic when necessary, just like he calls on those he knows with a greater knowledge of chemistry or biology or technology if the situation warrants it.

4 Likes

Her and her dad were my favorite

2 Likes

I love DC just for him. I honestly never liked her trauma and backstory regarding her parents, although I can empathize with the torture of losing a loved one. However, I do like the type of man he is and that there is a kind of subliminal gay background in everything that refers to him. Beyond that and regarding the topic you’re talking about, I think his musculature doesn’t fit much with my idea of ​​a magician haha ​​I mean, there are muscular magicians, sure, but I see Batman more as a dark knight of revenge. Something like a chosen by The Watchers, a being that operates from the shadows and uses the darkness to do good. I think the card “The Hermit” represents it in some way.

Bonus point for wearing underpants, it highlights his classic masculinity hehe

Hmmm, interesting take on Batman and so much fun to think about!
I’ve always liked these kinds of superheroes without clear superpowers more as a kid. Especially the ones that kinda balance that grey line.

I’m not really sold on the black magician part, but I’d say he’s LHP for sure.

• He does not wish to work in unison with a higher power, in this case maybe being law enforcement and/ or fellow superhero organizations. He does however team up with them and helps when needed.
  • He has his own strong moral code, which does not always comply with what’s considered regular morals.
  • Especially later in the comics he’s getting a little darker and balances on the grey edge not being your typical “good guy vs. the bad guys”. In D&D terms he kinda switched from lawful good to lawful neutral in my opinion.
  • He strives to improve himself through his own means and abilities, instead of wishing them to be or simply just having them granted upon him from some outer source or higher power.

On a personal (side) note: There’s no question that Ra’s Al Ghul is one of the more true forms of black magicians in the storylines (and one with a pretty misanthropic streak). As a moody/ brooding teenager, I’ve rooted for him and the views of The League Of Assassins more than for the “good guys” fighting him on several occasions.