Is Batman a Black Magician?

Don’t forget the Sage of Six Paths and the powerpuff girls are RHP.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :+1:

1 Like

His super power is he’s fictional and depending on the writer he can utilize different abilities and weaknesses. There have been some toons and comics / shows where Batman just didn’t seem to be on top of his game. There were others he definitely seemed god-like. Detective has always been a good term for him though with his science skills he would definitely seem to be one.

1 Like

I can’t believe this thread was resurrected after 6 years :joy:

6 Likes

Right! Idk where I found it from but I didnt mean to revive this haha, then I noticed it was 6 years old

1 Like

The ninja turtles are black magickians…Splinter is definitely a high level sorceror

1 Like

The ninja turtles doesn’t seem like they’d fit into the black magician thing though they wouldn’t fit into the white magician, or anything either :thinking: they’re kinda basic.

3 Likes

But Splinter…I suspect the turtles are Golems made by him, and that he shapeshifted into a sort of rat man

2 Likes

Batman’s greatest superpower: plot armor

4 Likes

In all seriousness, plot armor would be a sick ass defensive spell, luck spell all in one…

@DarkestKnight We should make our own hero! One where the symbol on his chest is an inverted Pentagram, untill he invokes forth a demon, then the symbol turns into it’s sigil.

Lmao for some reason this doesn’t scream DarkestKnight’s work xD he doesn’t peg me as the “lets slap a inverted pentagram on it yeah!”

1 Like

I was thinking of writing a fictional story, but keeping the aspects of the occult true and real. But would need a good hook, and antagonist. This story if done right would show the real difficulty of what everyone here goes threw molding their faith, yet fighting their inner demons, or their persecution for their beliefs. Wow I can really feeling King Paimon guiding me.

Can we call him Magick Junkie??

1 Like

Naa, that’s for my story about a magickal crystal that shatters over a pot growers garden, spreading it’s essence into the crops, and as the stoners partake it gives them super abilities, but only if their stoned. I tried to give this story outline to Kevin smith once, he liked it, but couldn’t take it

Clark Kent is Superman’s mask. Superman is his true identity, Clark Kent is Kal-El’s view of humanity: frail, cowardly, and weak.

This video does a much more eloquent job of explaining it.

Also, if you want to see what would happen if Superman had instead chosen to be evil, I recommend watching Brightburn (2019). It contains a death by laser vision and that fact alone should be enough for everyone to want to watch it.

And all this time I thought it was Spiderman, but you have proven me wrong. Thank-you. :joy:

2 Likes

That monologue is incorrect.

1: He makes the claim that Superman was born Superman.

Wrong. He was born an ordinary child. He didn’t become Superman until he had spent a few years under a yellow sun (though he was shown as a super powered toddler in the first Superman movie starring Christopher Reeve, in the original comics he didn’t obtain his powers until puberty, and after the Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot, it was in high school).

In the monologue, the speaker contrasts that with Peter Parker, saying that Peter wakes up as Peter Parker, not as Spider-Man. Well, Clark wakes up as Clark, not as Superman. Clark’s powers kicking in around puberty, once his body had stored up enough solar radiation, is not dissimilar to Parker being bitten by a spider and waking up the next day with abilities.

2: He says Clark Kent is Superman’s view of humanity, frail, cowardly and weak.

Again, incorrect. In the comics, Superman has always seen humanity as strong, and capable. His small town upbringing by the Kents taught him to see the good in everyone. That is actually one of his defining characteristics. Sometimes, he can even be a bit naive about it, and he has said on numerous occasions that his greatest wish is to give up being Superman and to live a normal human life. However, he understands the world’s need for Superman so he sees it as his responsibility to be that for the people.

Clark plays up the bumbling and weak angle because he was taught by his parents to hide the super powered aspect of himself to avoid scrutiny and to protect his loved ones.

Clark Kent is the true face, and Superman is the mask. That is how he views himself. He didn’t grow up as Superman, he grew up as Clark Kent so that is who he is inside. He became Superman when Lois Lane gave him that name in the newspaper after his first appearance.

It is one of the biggest contrasts between Superman and Batman. For all his power, Supes would give it up in a heartbeat if he could because he sees his powers as simply an aspect of himself, one given a name by the people of Earth. There have been numerous times in the comics when he lost his powers, and he was happy because he could be what he has always wanted to be, human.

Bruce Wayne died the night his parents were killed, and the Batman was born. From that moment on, Bruce Wayne ceased to exist, and a nightmare stood in his place. Batman literally cannot turn off being Batman, hence his lack of real relationships and emotions. When the cowl comes off, the Bat is simply in disguise. Dr. Fate, the DCU’s resident Sorcerer Supreme, once stated that the Bat is the real face of the man.

Clark is Superman because he can be. Batman is Batman because he has to be.

The wonderful dichotomy of their friendship though, is that Superman teaches Batman how to be human, and to enjoy life, whether it’s dragging him home to the Kent farm for some of Ma’s apple pie, or on a double date with Lois and Selina.

As for an evil Superman, it has been done numerous times (King of the World, Red Son, Injustice, etc) and it almost always comes down to Clark Kent ceasing to exist because his rocket landed somewhere other than small town Kansas leaving him to be raised by bad people, or because what Clark holds dear is taken from him and he gives in to hatred (such as in Injustice, where the Joker killed a pregnant Lois, causing Superman to kill him).

5 Likes

In Brightburn, he’s brainwashed by his ship. Near the beginning the main character makes reference to a species of wasp that has lost the ability to make nests, so they will lay their eggs in the nests of other wasps and after they grow up they kill the native wasps, that’s foreshadowing.

2 Likes

It brings up the whole nature versus nurture debate. In the comics, it seems that if the baby Kal-El is raised anywhere but small town Kansas, and Clark Kent never comes into being, then the Superman becomes a monster.

I remember one story line where someone pretended to be the spirit of Jor-El, Clark’s bio dad, and tried to convince him that he had been sent to Earth to conquer it, not to be its saviour, and how he was such a disappointment to Krypton.

It makes one wonder if Clark Kent is the only thing that keeps the Superman in check.

3 Likes