Is Anybody Here?

Hello-ooo, anybody out there a practicing Satanist? This is a path I’ve never explored, so I know nothing about its origins, tenants, etc. Would like a little education … :wink: Z

There are many forms of Satanism. You will have to be specific on which one you want to know about.

(Wry smile…tongue-in-cheek…bites down on tongue-in-cheek to prevent smart ass response…giggles)

If I knew enough to ask specific questions like that, I’d know something… (Giggles again) :wink: Z

I’m theistic with a lot of beliefs from the order of the nine angles… there are laveyans, luciferians, atheistic, theistic, and a load of temples… Its really different for every satanist, I dont know two who believe the same thing.

I know there’s Theistic Satanism and Laveyan Satanism. I was more into the Spiritual Satanism (which is “theistic satanism”…the belief in Satan as a deity). Diana Vera has A LOT of great information on her site - [url=http://theisticsatanism.com/]http://theisticsatanism.com/[/url]

I don’t know much about Laveyan Satanism as I never really followed that path. I’ve only heard that those who follow Laveyan Satanism don’t actually believe in Satan as a deity.

My option on Diana Vera is not a good one, you can learn all you need to know about true satanism from dark alchemy and evocation. It does not require a holy book or any kind of guide which is why we all have diverse beliefs… That is my opinion, yours may be different.

I don’t like to label myself, but if I had to say, I would fit more into “Luciferianism”. I believe Diane Vera gave great information, particularly for those new to Theistic Satanism and new to magick itself. It was useful to me at that point in my life. :slight_smile:

***** THANK YOU *****

This really helps me in some of the fundamental confusion! So, according to what I’m seeing here, I could be a satanist in practice, without really naming it (or realizing it), by virtue of the fact that I’m very involved in the “left hand Path”, practicing evocations and such??? :wink: Z

Cookie cutter religions never worked for me. If you want to get into real satanism you need to get into dark alchemy, use only demonic evocation, vampirism and immortality, blood magick, and black pacts… I think lord nemeses is pretty much the only author on satanism i thought taught true satanism.

Necromaster, Aurora9, again, thanks for the info; the authors & links. NOW I have a square one to begin checking this Road out. :wink: Z

I pretty know next to nothing about satanism, so you’ll have to bare with me if I get some things wrong here. How much of this is actually about worshiping the demon Satan? From what I understand, in terms of power Satan is kind of overated, Azazel for example is stronger. Or is this more of a blanket term for working with demons in general?

True satanists worship no one, man or god.

Well defectron, you have to remember that these “names/labels” are all just titles. Satan is the name associated with Azazel the Fire Djinn, who is also Lucifer and Samael. Satan = Set-an, the ancient Egyptian God of Darkness, Chaos. Azazel can also be linked to Lucifer, the angel who was cast out of heaven. Lucifer is the liberator and developer of humanity with his gifts of the Black Flame, or individualized self-perception.

I know this may become a flame…but Azazel states there really was no “fall from heaven” and was not “kicked out”. I began to think about that and a lot of where the fall from grace story originates from telling us about heaven and hell does not really add up. I think mankind has been fed many things that are a little out of whack regarding the truth. I also think some of the Spirit Beings have gotten somewhat of a bum rap. Both so called Angels and Demons. But I intend to keep an open mind.

Maxx

[quote=“Maxx, post:14, topic:114”]I know this may become a flame…but Azazel states there really was no “fall from heaven” and was not “kicked out”. I began to think about that and a lot of where the fall from grace story originates from telling us about heaven and hell does not really add up. I think mankind has been fed many things that are a little out of whack regarding the truth. I also think some of the Spirit Beings have gotten somewhat of a bum rap. Both so called Angels and Demons. But I intend to keep an open mind.
Maxx[/quote]

I agree, angels and demons both do the same thing, they just have different ways of going about doing it.

Would the eight rayed star of chaos be used to evoke choronzon?

[quote=“defectron, post:15, topic:114”][quote=“Maxx, post:14, topic:114”]I know this may become a flame…but Azazel states there really was no “fall from heaven” and was not “kicked out”. I began to think about that and a lot of where the fall from grace story originates from telling us about heaven and hell does not really add up. I think mankind has been fed many things that are a little out of whack regarding the truth. I also think some of the Spirit Beings have gotten somewhat of a bum rap. Both so called Angels and Demons. But I intend to keep an open mind.
Maxx[/quote]

I agree, angels and demons both do the same thing, they just have different ways of going about doing it.[/quote]

Azazel is linked to Lucifer as Lucifer is the liberator and developer of humanity with his gifts of the Black Flame, or individualized self-perception. Just as Azazel liberated humanity by teaching us the “forbidden arts”. defectron, you are right as angels and demons both do the same thing, they just have different ways of going about doing it. As Above, So Below. Like the 6-pointed star or even Azazel’s sigil. :slight_smile:

Indeed, BLACKPHOENIX! Why should we assume these Nonphysical people are “one dimensional” in their personalities? I’ve never met a mortal who was utterly “one-track” and the mortal mind, perceptions understandings are far, far less broad!!! Good point! :wink: Z

[quote=“Maxx, post:14, topic:114”]I know this may become a flame…but Azazel states there really was no “fall from heaven” and was not “kicked out”. I began to think about that and a lot of where the fall from grace story originates from telling us about heaven and hell does not really add up. I think mankind has been fed many things that are a little out of whack regarding the truth. I also think some of the Spirit Beings have gotten somewhat of a bum rap. Both so called Angels and Demons. But I intend to keep an open mind.

Maxx[/quote]

Thank You!!! I believe you and I are on the same page with this frame of mind… it’s nice to see someone thinking outside of the box, or having gotten some firsthand information from these beings themselves…

If angels and demons do the same thing, only different… and if Azazel was never given the boot out of whatever heaven he came from, then where does damnation come into it. EA has spoken of damnation in BOA - but as I am new to all this I have not understood what he means by ‘damnation’ (except with the traditional christian viewpoint).