Invoking the HGA every day vs Using magickal systems

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions that i hope can get answers…

1. When it comes to initiation, or rather the great work itself why do people especially Western magicians rely on syncretic magical models of initiation like the Kabballah or others? (Please note that i am not exceptionally knowledgeable in this model.)
    Why don’t people just invoke their Personal Daemon every day until that whole process of alchemical transmutation takes place over and over i.e blackening, whitening and reddening. Which eventually leads to integrating your selves into your being fully thereby making you ‘god on earth’
    Are these models that have been created or contributed by previous magicians like Crowley or grant there to sort of help us navigate the chaos? A sort of road map to help us know what exactly is taking place during the alchemical process? Step-by-step? Because i do understand that these magicians really suffered a lot to bring this work in this aeon. The universe is chaotic and i know without these systems, people would be lost in their personal underworld. But these systems are incomplete, are sort of a work in progress.
    There are so many traditions, so many Qaballas and so many syncretic traditions. So why not directly invoke the HGA, forget about the systems or just use them as reference material? Why bother working with spheres or spirits from someone elses’ path when you can just invoke your HGA and work with it only every day since it it technically more powerful than any spirit or system, a ray of the black sun…limitless potential.
  2. My second question is this, as i have been studying the tree of death, i have noticed in several places that one meets their HGA in the solar spheres, specifically the black sun since that is where our HGA resides. So does that mean that you cannot start working with the HGA before that or does it mean that these models of initiation prepare you to start working with it?

So that is my question, i am not saying magical models are bad, i am just wondering why almost every magician is either selling or giving out there own road map to navigate the trees (i am excluding those giving out useful unbiased info), when this is something people can do alone through the guidance of their HGA or even spirits if so inclined. This is not chaos magick, not even close. I actually feel that it is safer, since you are being guided by your HGA. Some really dilute the tree system so much that it seems like a video game. Others who jump from one path to another, even worse start to mix other traditions with this which dilutes it even more. I actually believe this pisses the spirits off. After reading some serious books regarding the trees especially the Qlipha/ sitra achra, it is not really sunshine and rainbows and looks downright dangerous which i feel to be more genuine. These books are usually extremely detailed unlike modern books. Like tree of death by John Gee or even Queen of Hell.

1 Like

Honestly for one, I’m of the opinion there are few of these, but even that is a biased opinion and what a person considers useful is purely subjective conjecture. Most people imop need some sort of structure to follow and after spending lifetimes for most of them- in a religious structure of one sort or another I think they simply need it or expect it, for the most part.

If you dig around however, you will find that not everyone subscribes to these. I don’t. I don’t subscribe to the personal demon thing either though. I like to say you should do you, it doesn’t usually effect me, so I’ll do me. We can all be adults and trade opinions and experience and agree to disagree on most things, and honestly unless it’s going to ruin my day, there’s no reason to do anything more than share my opinion and ya’ll can do whatever the fck ya want to with it lol.

1 Like

I agree with you there that some people need structure (i know i did when i left Christianity

) .
Haha, true. So we can agree that the blind are leading the blind?

1 Like

Most days.

But then again, everyone wants to be successful, so if someone says hey I did this, why don’t you try it?

A lot of people are going to jump on the trolley and see where it goes.

You also have to consider there are literally dozens upon dozens of currents and paths and spirits and honestly, where does one begin if they are completely clueless? I don’t wonder how the majority end up as followers, rather than leaders.

1 Like

Well put. Yeah, the chaotic sea is immense. So i believe people should curve their own path and lead the way for others to build their foundation upon. Not bad. Like i like how currents like the path of smoke have come up, guys like Kurtis have brought new info but still give you so much room for you to navigate the path by yourself and make it yours.

1 Like

Side note: if your name is actually Donnovan, my daughter was supposed to be a boy. Everything I bought was blue, and my daddy’s name was Donald, so I was going to name her Donavyn. Was quite a surprise when I delivered a girl :rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha. That’s actually funny. :joy: :joy: So i’m guessing you had to come up with a new name when she was delivered. But i think it happens to most people

1 Like

Actually I kept dreaming I was having a girl, and so my stepmom told me to just pick a girls name- to ease my mind. I opened the baby book, flipped a few pages, picked the first name I liked, turned the page and picked a middle name that I liked and called it good.

It has no familial ties at all, but upon delivering a surprise we just rolled with it. Her middle name does match her biological fathers heritage, but that was chance.

My second childs gender was correct, but it was confirmed with ultrasound, rather than a newer dna testing that was supposedly 100% accurate. On the bright side, I did receive a refund for the failed dna test.

Btw, just to add on something. You mentioned this.

Now this is where i think the danger comes in. I mean think about the currents like vodoun. I have seen a lot of garbage on the internet regarding this form of sorcery :joy: and 9/10 times, it is very dangerous to even try those rituals. Some people end up being food for the gods if they just jump into magick like that.
This is where the blind lead the blind, but the difference is that they are leading them to a dangerous place. Many people have not even been sanctioned by the spiritual gatekeepers to give out info but they still do it due to their own ego. This i feel is very dangerous, all in the name of making money or spreading the gospel. So i usually wonder why some people are just giving out info, i would not even bother to buy it before i ask the gatekeepers of that path if this person is just another charlatan trying to make money or if he/she was actually told to spread the info.

1 Like

At least you did :sweat_smile: i would be pissed.

Most of the people following the religious approach to voodoo end up this way. I imagine not all, but most of them the Loa view as meatbags, worthy of favor here and there in exchange for the plentiful food supply.

Just my opinion based on the work I do within the current. Ymmv.

Said it like it is. You do vodoun magick?

1 Like

Nope. I work with the Loa though :slight_smile:

So you have some affinity with them though. Like you have some Haitian DNA?

1 Like

Not that I am aware of. If you look a little deeper however, the majority of the Main spirits are as old as Ancient Egypt. Its not an easy trace, but I got back as far as Ancient Nigeria on my search to prove the current existed before the mainstream religions. I called that good enough and later on confirmed past lives in which I’ve encountered them.

I was personally invited to work with the Loa by Baron Samedi and Met Kalfu. It took me over a year however, to let go of preconceived ideas and accept that invitation.

To my knowledge- I’m a particularly white chick, with considerable amounts of two Native American tribes for physical ancestry.

1 Like

Yeah, vodoun should be the oldest if not one of the oldest currents that have persevered and kept itself pure for centuries.

That is very interesting.

1 Like

Debatable if you consider the influence Catholics had on the current, during the slave era :slight_smile: There is enough intact history to show that many slaves adopted a mixture of both, to keep their asses safe.

You’ll find a lot of associations between the Loa and Saints, I believe largely due to that influence.

1 Like

Sure.

I am not sure about that though, i have never worked with the loa. Btw, is Baron Samedi from New Orleans Vodoo or Vodoun?

1 Like

Hehe. If he’s to believed, he’s older than both. He dates himself a long the same lines Azazel does. Not quite as far back, but claims to be from back there. I’d call that old af, but like I said ymmv. Lore claims he was the Baron over the original cemetery :woman_shrugging:.

1 Like

I actually dreamt of him once i think. Very strange dream. I was really amazed by him and i think this pissed him off. He was very tall and had that gray colour on his face that you see in the internet. We sort of talked but he actually made fun of me :joy:He was talking to a certian occult youtuber in my dream that i won’t mention here in some language that sounded french but i aint sure. We were in some sort of mine, and immediately i saw Baron Samedi’s face on a rocky mountain giving instructions and at my feet there was an explosion and i was on fire. It was very intense.

1 Like