Invoking Omnipotence

What I am most interested here is tips for achieving the mental state necessary for evocation. I tend to over analyze things, and that sort of creates a problem since half the Dark Arts involve imagination, and, essentially, play-acting. Any tips or comments from successful evocators?

2 Likes

I am MAD KEEN on Learning just what I am meant to be doing - or getting myself out of the road in mastering this omnipotence working - that is somewhere between - drawing down the white light and something far greater - though

I think its meant to be the Blue Candle Working from Ipsissimus?

Hi NickBonelli,

Well, I have not achieved great sucess with evocation for the moment (barely a few tries, tough).

But, for me it has been extremely helpful the chakra activation exercise that is contained in the EA book ā€œQuesting after visionsā€, in the section ā€œWheels of Lightā€

I have the same problem that you have, and sometimes I have to say to my brain ā€œStop it! Damn you!ā€, and he simply refuses.

I have found this exercise works magnificent for me, and induces me into an state of deep trance, and deep power, as if I was to collapse in that specific moment, and within a profound mental stillness.

Exercise your body, do some physical exercise, and then perform this meditation. Usually right after awakening, or when youā€™re getting tired at night are the best moments to achieve a depper trance.

Let see if this helps you.

1 Like

You know, I used to do that exercise regularly, but Iā€™m in the process of moving and my routine got all messed up. But I can definitely attest to the effectiveness of that exercise!

I practice leaving skepticism outside the ā€œTempleā€. In the ā€œTempleā€, I hold an unwavering belief that what Iā€™m doing always works, even if subjective or objective results arenā€™t apparent immediately during ritual. I hold the belief that if ā€œnothing happensā€ during ritual, then I havenā€™t done enough work to experience those results yet, but a belief that it always works when you begin ritual, is part of that Will-thing of the Magicianā€™s creed. When you leave the temple, then skepticism can be brought back into play. Thatā€™s just my two-cents. Iā€™m sure this topic will garner some very good information from everyone here. Great topic, Nick!

I too have been having a bit of a hit-n-miss time with evocation. I Definitely DEFINITELY donā€™t consider myself a successful evocator. hehe
However - The past three days Iā€™ve been trying an experiment. While meditating down, I breath in and feel the passive/yin/water energy enter my body. This keeps the awareness focused on the energy and away from thoughts. Then on my breath out I bring my awareness to my eyes and lightly relax them from behind the eyelids, focusing on the ā€œspeckles and sparksā€. I find that switching between the two awarenesses give the mind enough of a shift as to make it easy to keep the mind moving between to focuses - easier to keep it vacant. The slow but constant shift also helps with keeping me from falling too deep and snoozing off. I donā€™t know if this will work for everyone - but for me, it has worked really well to get into that half&half zone. shrugs
So yeah :stuck_out_tongue: This is my new made up trick - so no guarantees :wink: hehe

Something that can aid in reaching the desired Theta state are ā€˜binaural beatsā€™.

Check out the works of Robert Monroe. The Monroe institute has a website on which you can purchase these tunes digitally. The best one is the CD 'Journeys Out of the Body". Get an I-pod and use with earbuds only. Or for astral travel, get pillowspeakers from Pillowsonic (the best). Alternate CDā€™s B, C and D (they have no spoken comments), otherwise the mind will build a resistance to this.

DKMā€™s "made up trick"is very similar to my own method for achieving that in-between state. Its about order, I think. Got to achieve No Will in order to slip into My Will. As with most things Magickal a paradox, or at least a reversal of common knowledge. It took some practice, some trial & error, for me to find my tipping point - that sense that ā€œNow is the time to laser in my Clarity of Intent into this this delicious dreamy atmosphere.ā€ Play with it, entice it, be relaxed without being lazyā€¦smile and enjoy the knowledge its there for you to have.

1 Like

The thing thatā€™s always worked best for me is after setting up the ritual space and everything I consider that whole area and everything connected to it to be MY universe in which everything is at my command. Charging the area with my energy which is in this ritual to be considered all pervading and all powerful is the next step and then just keep in mind that since the spirit/demon is part of your universe it will inevitably come and just watch for signs of its presence. Another piece of advise that Iā€™ve found really helpful in the art of evocation and magick in general is from the creator of this page. Expect the spirit to manifest as if there is no other possible outcome. Wondering if itā€™s gonna work this time or worse yet expecting nothing at all isnā€™t going to get you very far.

1 Like

EA gives a detailed description for the ā€œattainment of omnipotenceā€ in Evoking Eternity. Itā€™s a meditation thatā€™s designed to invoke this state to an as high degree as possible.

What works out for me is waking up in the middle of the night (around 3.am). This way Iā€™m pretty tired and sleepy and that makes it a whole lot easier to reach the required state.

Hope this little input helps?

How utterly CLEVER! And Practical. I LIKE you Bran; a ā€œgive me the short wayā€ Person after My Own Thinking! :wink: Z

yes indeed, I like taking the shortcuts,ā€¦ And isnā€™t that also part of the LHP? :wink:

How many times has leaving skepticism behind during ritual has worked for you in altering physical reality through evocation? Could ā€œpure beliefā€ can help the entities manifest even if you donā€™t have your astral senses developed?

When i performed my first evocation i was having the same exact problem. my mind was doing too much thinking and i was standing there frustrated with candles lit wondering why the ā€œomnipotenceā€ was not hitting me like it should. everything was starting to feel bland. I then came to a personal realization. the spirit told me, " be receptive. You are a water sign. Like a chalice, accept the water that flows from the universe. you open up to take d***k, so open up and take this power!". and omg the minute i realized this contemplation an intense feeling came over me. it felt like when your foot falls asleep but my whole body felt that way. it rushed in me and then i began my consecration of the dagger, chalice etc and i could barely hold the dagger and chalice cuz my hands were shaking with power! that night was amazing. so the easiest way to invoke omnipotence for me is to think of it like sex. to be receptive and open to let someone or something inside of you

A VERY interesting - and Keen - comparison, Weather Witch! In fact, the -Original- old school kundalini, taught only in the inner circles, taught their adepts to view ā€œthe Divineā€ as an Illicit Lover! As an interesting personal aside, mine was a tornado. I was gently brought to the floor on a cushion of air, then consumed by an energetic tornado that slipped first over my feet, then whirled up and over my body, and then intensified as it pulled into me. Talk about a ā€œfirst timeā€! But it only happened once, much to my dismay. I still get it in a small way. But never since with that degree of intensity & duration. I was ā€œin itā€ for many minutes, but the effects of it kept me Uber-sensitized & spacey for 6 or 7 days! Thanks for sharing your own experience - it caused me to once again remember & appreciate my own first time! :wink: Z

PS: You mentioned youā€™re a water sign. Iā€™ve never gotten very deep into astrology, but ā€¦ Iā€™m an air signā€¦ Tornado. Hmm. Interesting, donā€™t ya think?

I have also found, trying to force energy to a particular end is mostly empty and sometimes quite dangerous. Opening up and letting it flow, with gentle guiding nudges here and there is by far the most powerful.
This always reminds me of those guys who strain with all their might to move an object - then it budges a few centimeters and then theyā€™re pooped and canā€™t do any more. Whereas the people who can move larger objects like cars simply sit down, get in the most possibly relaxed state and make miracles happen.
BTW, nice to meet ya Weather Witch :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve never applied this to all of the aspects of evocation though - huh. Time to reassess my ritual. Interesting, and thanks :slight_smile:
also - lol @ the d**k thing :stuck_out_tongue: made me chuckle.

Hey Zoe, check your inbox :wink:

PS: You mentioned youā€™re a water sign. Iā€™ve never gotten very deep into astrology, but ā€¦ Iā€™m an air signā€¦ Tornado. Hmm. Interesting, donā€™t ya think?
[/quote]

i am not deep into it either accept when it comes to my own sign. i believe in each of us having a birth element because i fall in line with everything that the water element aligns with. i also have a strong connection with the wind element. the hardest for me to connect to was the earth element.

I have also found, trying to force energy to a particular end is mostly empty and sometimes quite dangerous. Opening up and letting it flow, with gentle guiding nudges here and there is by far the most powerful.
This always reminds me of those guys who strain with all their might to move an object - then it budges a few centimeters and then theyā€™re pooped and canā€™t do any more. Whereas the people who can move larger objects like cars simply sit down, get in the most possibly relaxed state and make miracles happen.
BTW, nice to meet ya Weather Witch :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve never applied this to all of the aspects of evocation though - huh. Time to reassess my ritual. Interesting, and thanks :slight_smile:
also - lol @ the d**k thing :stuck_out_tongue: made me chuckle.
[/quote]

Nice to meet you too! and i know it sounded kind of harsh but that is how the spirit spoke to me and gave me a visual to understand! and it worked. i was in total shock as i performed the evocation!! after that my magicks and just spiritual awareness grew and has continued growing! i have only performed two evocations and they were both successful