Invocation without a circle

Is it strictly important to use during invocation of Angels? Can it be done without the circle?. Anyone so share his/her experiences both using the circle and without it.

1 Like

Depends what youā€™re doing.

If youā€™re following instructions from a specific book or system, itā€™s a good idea to follow the recipe as-is to start with, until you get the feel of what you can edit and what you canā€™t.

In using the book Angels of Wrath, no circle is proscribed, so I donā€™t use one, for example.

4 Likes

I usually use circles whenever I start working with someone new just to balance the energies, I never use a protection circle though. When it comes to spirits I stand close to I never use circles at all and it has worked well for me.

2 Likes

from what iā€™ve seen of others practices, casting a circle seems to make the assumption that what your conjuring is dangerous to you. circles can be used for containing the energy you build up for casting spells, that imo seems more logical. i donā€™t cast circles for dangerous or wild spirits, iā€™ll use a mask or warrior posture to force it away.

1 Like

I stopped using circles altogether years ago.

2 Likes

I like using circles :man_shrugging:

LOL

1 Like

Theyā€™re good to get into a magickal state. I got really into NLP at one point and anchored the states. There were periods in the Army I had very little privacy so I had to streamline things as efficiently as possible. Iā€™ve kept the mindset, which is why Iā€™m modernizing the Abramelin in my spare time.

4 Likes

I donā€™t have enough space currently to properly use circles, but I still like them. So many people have ridiculous ideas when it comes to them though. Some of the BS spread by demonolaotrs, for example, is downright silly.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on the Oregon coast if I cut through the forest behind my house I enter the ā€œNational Dunes Recreation Areaā€ I like to get traditional out there because thereā€™s tons of space and drawing in the sand is really easy.

I love the traditional approach while out in nature.

3 Likes

My dream is to get out one day somewhere in the mountains, and evoke demons while standing in a circle of fire, like EA describes in either Works of Darkness or Evoking Eternity (canā€™t remember exactly which one). The psychodrama of that alone would elevate the magical mindset.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember that from ā€˜evoking eternityā€™ so probably ā€˜works of darknessā€™ since itā€™s still on my reading list. I need to reread EE though because I was inebriated for most of it.

2 Likes