Introduction

Hi, I’m Alinnah and for the last few years I have been searching for a spiritual path that is right for me, and I guess I’m still kind of experimenting and searching at the moment.

I originally started off as a Wiccan, and it was fine for a while but the threefold rule just simply didn’t appeal to me, and I still didn’t feel satisfied. Looking at people around me, waiting for this rule to take action, I noticed that no one was getting the consequences that they deserved, and perhaps that I did need to take things in my own hands after all, instead of leaving it to some “higher power”. After researching different Pagan paths and spirituality, I came across the Left-Hand Path and finally found something that appealed to me, and am making more research on it. However I also have an interest in Druidry, so I am also looking to see if I can incorporate the two together, if that were to be possible.

But before I start to work with any spirit, how should I prepare for it, and how should I approach them and move forwards?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome and yes it is you can work on as many types of magic you feel is right for you and druidry huh I’m really looking forward to seeing updated from you I’ve never heard of druidry magic before

Welcome! Druidry and Left Hand Path, that is a very interesting combination. It can definitely work out, especially if you view the spirits you work with in a teacher and student or personal relationship among equals as opposed to master and slave. Definitely would be interested in how you incorporate it.

As far as how to prepare for spirit work, getting to know as much about the spirit is important to help get you in the mindset. Keep in mind that there is a lot of bias and dogma out there (especially if we are talking dark deities or the demonic) but the research helps to add power to your rituals. As far as approach, treat them like any other person you are just meeting. Treat them with respect and it will be returned.

I also recommend practicing mediation and developing your astral senses if you have not already. There are a few good tutorials on evocation and communicating with spirits in general. I’ll put a couple down below. And of course, ask questions and we will do what we can to answer.

^While they are geared towards demons, I can see them working just as well for gods with a bit of tweaking.

As far as the more druid end, I recommend the books Irish paganism by Morgan Daimler and The Apple Branch by Alexei Kondratiev. Welcome again!