Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

My bad I should’ve done that before. I was busy so I totally forgot :slight_smile:
Began meditation in June 2020. Wasnt Consistent at first but I do it now nearly everyday.
For the energy work I try to raise my vibrations gradually, sometimes I feel like I’m heating inside. That helped me a lot due to my busy/hardcore schedule and lifestyle ( including studies, work, gym and hobbies).

3 Likes

Hello, I mostly do rituals which have a more chaos approach. I don’t work with any system, I do what my intuition tells is the right thing at the moment

3 Likes

Hi there, and I am new to magick. I am reading about magick as much as possible. A few months ago I started to meditate, soon I will try some spells and maybe more…
I am also a mason, so I show some interest in topics about masonry.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you too. This feels similar to HR at work. Are you sure you’re not from the HR department, haha?

I am from nowhere in particular unless anybody would care to check my IP address.
Vagueness is the fun part of brief introductions. If you’re trying to check my occult pedigree, it’s dirty, impure, and eclectic. So there’s no passing a pre-defined bar of excellency, and we’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Detailing some of your experience is part of a proper introduction and helpful to us in providing appropriate advice and direction, as well as in evaluating any advice you may deign to give.

6 Likes

We’re not demanding people manifest rabbits out of hats as a bar for membership, just that this forum attracts a lot of people best described as out of touch with the reality of magick, therefore this is partially a role-play to them, “Magick’s not real so I can say what I want” etc.

So we ask for a bit of background to keep things a bit more real, and so people don’t suddenly start to opine on topics they only know about from movies or Harry Potter. :smiley:

5 Likes

• Your magick name = Kadij

• Photos if you’re comfortable - No, thanks

• Kinds of magick you like = Chaos and Goetia in general.

• Current ambitions = Be a sugar baby.

• Current struggles = Place, money, self-steem.

3 Likes

Welcome @malephar

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience? If so, how long have you practiced?

Do you follow any specific systems or traditions?

I’m from Brazil.

I’ve learned about Goetia when I was 15. No practical experience, it’s more theorical. Chaos is a New Topic for me.

No systems or traditions, totally a newbie

3 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the best I can do for now.

I’m really not willing to tell you much about my past. For the general sake of your request, we can pretend I have dabbled my way into some occultish subjects (either through practice or pondering). Maybe there is room somewhere in the middle for dabblers like me. Dabbler is my self-assessment to stay away from Dunning-Kruger Land. As to belonging to any system, I’m just an eclectic who beats his way through the bramble bush like an idiot. My natural tendency is to spend more time thinking than doing (which is probably bad).

Below are some general inquiries, some of which have nothing to do with doing magick, unless you put a wide eddy around the subject which extends to philosophical inquiry as a practice. I think pondering or meditating on any given issue presents good value for a person, but it oftentimes lacks the bang or gratification of engaging in ritual work or some other observable action which might result in tangible benefit (like money, health, or achievement).

1. If energy workers (Qigong, Reiki, vampirism practitioners etc.) are often projective synesthetes, then what is the implication for the general occultist or magick practitioner in regards to Nikolic’s concept of ideasthesia? Is it possible to jump the gap from associative synesthesia toward projective synesthesia through magickal practice? And would you want to do it in the first place? Are there significant ramifications for applying Nikolic’s ideasthesia concept toward our understanding of magick, where a “semantic-sensory phenomenon” (see Nikolic’s synesthesia page link) may underly some of the empirical basis of spooky personal experiences within occultic practices? I don’t want to diminish the spooky experiences, but I would like to see if ideasthesia is a decent way to conceptually bridge the distance between the world of ideas and the world of manifestation.

http://www.danko-nikolic.com/synesthesia-ideasthesia/

1. What are the implications for embodied phenomenal consciousness when we consider practices such as channeling or mediumship? If one loses privacy of thoughts through being a vessel in these experiences, what does that mean for a secure personal identity? Also, what does it mean for impressing your will onto an external Other if that Other impresses its will simultaneously onto yours within any given psychic experience? By Other, I mean the general Social Other, but you may take it to mean demons, spirits, other people, or whatever you perceive as being outside yourself.

2. How do you escape the problem of solipsism and social responsibility if you’re a magician impressing the will onto others within your process of apotheosis?

And as you can see, thinking about these things won’t immediately make you better at doing magick (if ever). But if it leads to clarification regarding motivations to do it, then that could be an indirect pathway to fruition… or maybe not.

For me, rubbing philosophical uglies is no end in itself. So what next?

2 Likes

Acknowledged.

1 Like

Hello,

My witch name is Miss Crowley. I’m 30 years old and I’m studying for the moment all about the teaching of Crowley. I do meditate a lot and every time I do so I here the name of Azazel and a sword. Curiosity kill the cat, always. So here I am looking for guidance because I’ve never felt so lost.

3 Likes

Welcome @MissCrowley

Do you have any practical experience in magick? You haven’t told us anything.

if so, what do you practice and how long have you practiced it?

I usually do candle magic. I’m the weird girl who’s always talking to her candle. It’s been almost a year of practicing with candles.
Other than that I’ve never tried to do other things because I wanted to find someone with real knowledge.
I don’t want to do weird spells found on google as I prefer to study more and then do something effective.

Am I to beginner to be here?

2 Likes

Absolutely not :slight_smile: We just ask for a rough idea of what kind of experience a newcomer has as part of a proper introduction. It helps us to provide appropriate advice and direction, that’s all. Welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!
I’m really happy to have found a place :blush:

1 Like

Hello everyone. My name is Jordyn, I am 22 years old and live in the USA. I have been practicing witchcraft for awhile now but kind of new to the LHP. However, I have always been interested to demons and anything that is “dark.” I am excited to share this journey and learn more.

2 Likes

Welcome @jordyn

How long is “a while,” exactly? Do you practice a specific tradition?

I’ve been researching witchcraft/occultism/metaphysics since I was around thirteen; but haven’t been regularly practicing it until the past three years.

1 Like