Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

Hello all! My name is Meta. I’ve been a student of the occult since I was 17, at least, but have struggled with my upbringing in a Pentecostal cult since i was 12. I’m 20 now, but still feel like a beginner when it comes to ritual practice, since I’ve mostly been researching the philosophy side of things. My main interests are Luciferianism, Buddhism, Cartomancy of all kinds, the creation of thoughtforms, Gnosticism, and energy work. As of this year I’ve been getting into Kemeticism and Hermeticism, and trying to form working relationships with Anubis and Hermes. I aim to get as full of an understanding of the workings of our human experience as possible, and hope to use my developing magickal skills to procure for myself (and my loved ones) a stable and pleasant life. Honestly, my biggest struggle right now is going from just studying theory to actual Practice :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the BALG forum.

2 Likes

I’ve been practicing Wiccan magic since 2014, but candomble witchcraft since 2010

3 Likes

Hello! I have been practicing the occult for years, slow going. I like any form of magick that works. I have just started on the LHP and I’m very excited!! :grin: Ambitions include wanting to have financial invincibility to practice magick anytime i want. I want to be able to continue creating the best version of myself. Current struggles are money, I don’t have my own house (live in apartment) and health issues.

Thank you all!!

Tom

4 Likes

Welcome @Tom_Stone

Such as? Please tell us what, exactly, you practice, and how many years you have practiced it.

1 Like

Oops sorry!! Started out on the Wiccan path doing Candle Magick. I spent a LONG time, many years, being an armchair magician. Reading books but not actually DOING anything. I liked grimoires and had a hard time with understanding all the protection stuff and tools. I conveniently used this as an excuse to not do that type of Magick. I fumbled through this path for many, many years. I’d throw in doing a ritual here and there. They actually worked most of the time and still I remained mostly an armchair magician. I read about Law of Attraction and did that. The biggest problem I would have is that once I got something, usually small items or amounts money, that I would stop until I was desperate again. I discovered The Gallery of Magick books and they blew me away. It was all boiled down to what is needed. I had results in job transfer so I could move my family back to our home state. Money here and there and, to me, a very important lesson. Start working on yourself and Magick gets a lot easier. I read two books recently that gave me a strong yet caring nudge to the LHP. They are “Lucifer and the Hidden Demons” by Theodore Rose and “Rites of Lucifer” by Temple of Ascending Flame Edited by Asenath Mason. Especially after reading RoL I felt happiness, calmness and a comfortable sense of starting on my correct path. I have some catching up to do!! I “practiced” for over 20 years. Mostly just spinning my wheels. In the past 7 to 8 years I have actually been serious. Still sifting through bullshit here and there and I’m not getting discouraged. Thank you!!

6 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and welcome to the BALG forum.

Hello everyone.
I am from Italy, I am 29 years old, and this is the fourth month of me approacing the occult and everything around it.
I haven’t lived an exciting life from a spiritual point of view, my parents were Catholics, and they never left me even approach the arts until I left home (at least i can try and work in secrecy now).
Now I’m trying to fully immerse myself, drawing inspiration from books by authors like EA., Jason Miller, and others. I also purchased Mastering Divination, and am starting the suggested exercises.
I find practices such as necromancy, evocation and in general communication with spirits very interesting.
Right now I want to reach a level where I can at least see and communicate with spirits, and I’m working with that specific goal in mind.
I also realize that I am far behind, and that first of all I have to work on myself: the fears from my “Christian” past, my haste and lust for results, my hidden skepticism; these are the obstacles that I am fighting and trying to break down first. I’m starting to practice meditation, tarot reading, and using sigils, but I have a long way to go.

I wanted to thank you all for being part of this forum, because in addition to having the opportunity to meet kind and helpful people, I am finding that even the best have had problems and faced difficult challenges, before getting where I want to go too.
I hope i didn’t skip anything, or bored anyone, but thank you for reading!

Good luck to all

9 Likes

Hi, I’m Lilly. I’m 45 and am relatively new to the occult, although I have always been interested. Since most everything I’m interested in seems to start with meditation, I’m working on that and reading a lot. I read much more in the forum than I post. I’ve always felt very drawn to demonology.

Let’s see… current ambitions. I am making slow progress with meditation. Visualization is especially difficult for me, but I am slowly getting there. Of course, there is so much to learn, and I want to learn. However, I need to acquire enough information to be able to ask good questions. So, I guess my current ambitions are to get to a point where I can see where I should go next. I guess that is also my current struggle: being patient while I acquire enough skills and knowledge to continue moving forward. I am always looking for a new book or new information, but I wonder if that is just me trying to avoid the hard work of meditation. Anyway, I know what I need to do (I think). I just need to keep doing it.

Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge here!

10 Likes

Hi all, My name is Barnaby Clifton
I do any and all kinds of magic, but I came from white magic, and the rhp, but I don’t agree with their ideas, so I just do what I want now.
I like evocations a lot, but I do quite a bit of mental magic and some of my own creations. I made a servitor once.

I aspire to be a good man. Not only that, but I want to be happy and prosperous.

I struggle with figuring out what exactly I should be producing for the world. I am doing a degree in innovation and design, and want to make cool stuff when I have the skills.
I also struggle with relationships, due to abuse, and I have a disease called ulcerative colitis.

5 Likes

Hello all! My name is Carlos, I’m 22, and I truly didn’t start my occult practices until around a year and a half ago. I mostly do mental magick, along with meditations and eventually plan to look into tantra. I aspire to learn as much as I possibly can, search inside myself, as well as continuing to enrich my relationship with my patroness, Shugara. I struggle mostly with overthinking the steps to take when conducting rituals, as well as being timid to work with other entities. All in all, I very much look forward to learning from everything that everyone has to offer here!

8 Likes

I have been doing various magical practices for two years now. I want to use magic to boost my life in the right direction.

I struggle with having the physical space to do much ceremonial stuff, so I mainly do meditations and evocation.

5 Likes

Hello Everybody! I’m Brian from the U.S. I found this site awhile ago and have enjoyed hearing the many diverse experiences. My experience in the occult books goes back many years…Buckland’s , Abramelin the Mage, Konstatinos’, Cavendish’s Black Arts, too name a few. I’ve left and been called back many times to the occult …BUT NEVER PRACTISED! I guess my strong Christian upbringing mixed with the fear of eternal damnation has caused my paralysis. Yet I continue to hear the call of the path and can no longer ignore it as I get older.

My interest currently is the Qlipoth.

6 Likes

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @heavywt, and welcome to the BALG forum.

Hi I actually already introduced myself but someone keeps saying I have to introduce myself Anyways I’ll say it again Ik a baby witch who has the power to feel spirits and otherworldly creatures, and far as seeing them I can only see them in a form of a ball and I normally dont see them in colors except black white grey and red but that’s rare they type of whitch I am is undefined because I also love plant life but is also intrested in demons and incubus and stuff like that I am also female my username is Astroyonia favorite food is potatoes and I call some of my creatures which idk if there incubus or a parasite potatoes lol I share my energy willingly with them and they dont hurt me I just get sleepy alot and that’s fine because I have alot of time on my hands but whenever I need to work we fluctuate our energies,um any other questions idk what else to say

2 Likes

Welcome, but please use punctuation in the future. :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Um thank you for welcoming me but remember everyone is not good at punctuation, and some people come from sad or bad backgrounds :confused:so as polite as you said it please remember what I said I’m a young adult not saying that I dont do school but please refrain from talking about my grammar and others as well

1 Like

I’m not asking you to put commas at the correct places, but to use full stops between your sentences, because otherwise it makes it hard to follow you and people will stop reading your posts.

11 Likes

Hey hey, names Nephenthe. Ive been with my praxis for about 2.5 years. I still very much consider myself a beginner. I like to have a broad view before I jump into the waters. Im still not sure what kind of a magician i would consider myself, I don’t have my specific system of magic I follow. I take what works for me and cherry pick from each school. I am currently working on learning astral projection and strengthening my energy senses.

6 Likes

Yes, because you made a rambling post in a thread about incubus, which was completely off topic. Thank you for introducing yourself in the correct place, and welcome to the BALG forum.

6 Likes