Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

Welcome @creepboy

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick or the paranormal at all?

Are there any particular areas of magick you are looking to learn beyond just attracting women?

1 Like

Welcome @Blanc_Yorke Please tell us about yourself.

Where are you from?

What areas of magick are you interested in learning?

1 Like

Iā€™m from the US, east coast.
I dont know what Iā€™d like to practice.
I dont have much to say about myself

3 Likes

Nothing in particular has caught your interest? What brought you here to BALG?

1 Like

My intuition is good but would like more clarity and focus. I do want to work up to an out of body experience . I have gotten in tune with my spirit animals and am ready to learn more. I am a beginner, good student and donā€™t mind studying or reading .

3 Likes

My name is Rosalie Gardener. Iā€™m a florist and I practice the right handed path and angelic magick as of currently. Iā€™m interested in the Golden Dawn teachings and justa general love for the occult. Iā€™m still trying to get use to showing my face, I donā€™t smile often but Iā€™ll try to in the picture. I guess my goal or ambitions is to gain knowledge from everyone on here who is going through the same or even a different path of magick. Iā€™m still very new to things, so I made a profile on here to learn more about magick. Where I am from its hard to find people who are interested in the topics of magick that I like or are open to a general discussion about magick. So I am kind of a solitary witch. Well, please to meet you all!

6 Likes

Name: Kuttlekutt
Kind of Magick: idk yet
Ambition: to learn about magick
Struggles: currently a noob

3 Likes

What is your current plan of study and practice?

1 Like

What Golden Dawn material have you studied so far? Do you prescribe to the Ciceroā€™s or Ragardie material, or David Griffin? What sort of angel magick do you perform? Welcome to the Forum!

3 Likes

What experience do you have, what have you studied or worked with intuitively? Why do you want to learn more about magick?

1 Like

I started off on meditations from a book called, The Golden Dawn by John Michael Greer, the meditation is called the four folds breath. I have been doing LBRPs, Qabalistic Crosses. I still havenā€™t done the middle pillar yet. Its a little tricky for me to understand the middle pillar. Iā€™m going at a very slow pace. I currently acquire a book on Archangel Magick by Damon Brand that I use for the evocations for the archangels.

4 Likes

Havenā€™t done any magick I just watch tarot reader and read book on learning divination. I want to learn magick to connect with the spirit world, connect with my guides to guide me on my spiritual path, and to do better for myself.

2 Likes

Great, John Greer is a good source. Are you interested in joining an order or just learning it on your own? Anything specifically calling you to the Golden Dawn or just the material it covers?

3 Likes

I started off on Tarot Cards too when I was younger and when starting looking into Wicca. Sometimes for divination I use tea leaves for my own readings too. Did you ever tried some guided meditation videos? Thatā€™s how I came into learning more about my guides.

3 Likes

No I havenā€™t yet, but several tarot reader made claimed that Michael is my guides. I wasnā€™t too hyped about that as Iā€™ve turn away from Christainity as I donā€™t like being told how to be, and moved toward carving out my own path to believe in whatever I want to believe in.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind joining somewhere if I could find a place near by that teaches it. But, I live in the suburbs and there is only like one/maybe two metaphysical stores that teach classes on mediumship (which is not what Iā€™m looking for). However some do teach online but they also kind of expensive and I have donā€™t the budget to get classes. Iā€™m trying to get myself through college to be a nurse and my loans are really expensive to afford magick courses.

What drew me into wanting to learn more about the Golden Dawn/ceremonial magick was how its taught and how it felt moreā€¦ I donā€™t know, like real to me when I practiced it. Wicca just didnā€™t seem to work for me. No offence to anyone that is on the wiccan path. It just felt right for me to be practicing ceremonial magick. There just something special in Golden Dawns teachings that just like.

3 Likes

Understandable. Thatā€™s what I like about magick, you can always form your own path. I have been around Christians who have told me, I was going to hell if I didnā€™t believe this correctly or this prayer right. My family was really hard on me for practicing my craft too. I hate it when Christians state there is only one right path to enlightenment too.

3 Likes

I understand, I am an initiated Wiccan, a student and practitioner of Thelema, and I have worked with Golden Dawn a bit in the past. I find that the works all mix well together but for different purposes. Almost all the Orders and schools i have learned from teach very similar principles, they are just worded differently. That includes EAā€™s works. I too started with Ceremonial magick then explored different paths from there and now I do all of them depending on what I am working on. I have also found that there are two types of Wicca, the bookstore Wicca, and the Traditional Wicca. Traditional Wicca is more similar to Golden Dawn teachings then bookstore Wicca. Alaxandrian Wicca even teaches Enochian and LBRP to their initiates.

3 Likes

Question what is bookstore wicca like? I tried learning about wicca starting off with Scott Cunningham, but his teaching didnā€™t work for me. It was good but something just felt like something was missing. I definitely got to check out Alaxandrian Wicca , thatā€™s sounds cool.

2 Likes

Hey, @anon96441209 and @Void_Angel, please be aware that this thread is specifically for introductory posts, and the mods have asked us to please keep unnecessary off topic conversations to a minimum.

5 Likes