Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

I’m Rey Cuervo from the End of the World.

I’ve been practicing for about 2 years and everyday was a fiiiiiiight just to get right one or two things (usually, basic definitions).

Reading, talking with people and trying stuff lead me to find something that works for me: visionary magick.

I’m currently working in developing senses and doing quite a lot of research. I happened to find (with a couple of friend’s help) a pathworking to some entity which I’ve nicknamed Silence, since they don’t want to tell me who they’re. I suspect there is more to be find in popular culture from some hundreds of years ago (looking at you, William).

At this point, I can hold images in third person for a little long while, without breaking focus and barely having intrusive thoughts, and for me that is a true success (I know others can shoot death rays from their balls, sorry guys, I’m not as powerful as you’re, this is what I can do and I only compare myself to myself last year, ignore me and go back to flip burguers).

I also do a bit of energy work, but that’s fairly new.

My research has giving me some interesting results, enough to actually share with people with a nice 85% of success.

I have a journal in the lounge, chronicling my experiences with visionary magick, the spirits I have met and the pathways I’ve discovered.

Oh, and I read the tarot a little bit.

13 Likes

Not sure if a second intro is in order but why not.
I am a Pariah and I am not the same anymore as in intro # 1.

I started out with my more practical approach only two years ago, so you can safely ignore me or my ramblings.
I try to keep my practice on a “one thing a day” schedule at least (meditation, spellwork from blessings to “whoops, does that hurt?”, divination preferably with Lenormand cards or Kipper, dreamwork, spirit work, “whats that?”-experiments with different material).
I don’t follow a school of thought and I am mostly self-taught. I don’t have a fancy witchy heritage to offer, either.

I am mostly busy with improving my life circumstances via magick and so far it all worked out pretty well. You won’t notice me much around; I am an avid avoider of small talk and sometimes I forget about private messages. Sorry if that happens.

15 Likes

No thank you, I like being here.
Now do a real intro please.

10 Likes

Well, I might as well introduce myself again. Hello everyone, I am C Wilson, formerly called Tiberius. I am 28 and have been actively involved in my own path of magic since I was 15, although my late grandmother taught me our family folk magic as a child. I have been involved in Wicca, Reconstructive Druidry, Reconstructive Heathenry (mainly Icelandic and Norweigan traditions), Kememtic traditions, and various folk practices. I work heavily with energy work, spirit work, soul travel, cursing, and pretty much anything that gets me an edge. I have worked with both angels and demons, and am currently exploring more Jewish forms of magic, as you will likely see in my journals available to all. I also practice divination such as tarot and scrying.

As always, my overall goal is to figure out the mechanics of this existence in order to better understand and influence it, as well as cement my existence as an entity beyond my physical form, while enjoying life in the process. I try to spend time answering any questions I can, but you likely see more active in my journals as I do have a busy life beyond the occult as well.

Anyways, welcome to anyone new here on the forum. I hope you find what you are searching for here, or at least a helpful pointing in a useful direction.

15 Likes

Ok since we’re all doing second intros and I can’t escape the peer pressure:

I’m Helena and I’ve learned the “basics” like banishing, shielding and cleansing myself from my mother. And later I learned through books and my own actions, but I don’t follow a tradition. I’ve been a christian for a while but now I reject the basic idea of religions that humans are in need of salvation because they’re somehow flawed.

I’m a herbalist and like to gather herbs for tea, oils and tinctures, mostly for healing the body and mind, but also for magickal purposes.

I mostly work with angels, mainly Raphael.
I try to use my knowledge and experience to help people, especially children and their parents. But I also focus on my own story.

19 Likes

What age did your human form start doing magick, and what brought her to it? :slight_smile:

And what spirits or methods do you work with?

I decline your offer since I’m currently busy tidying this realm up a bit, but you do you. :+1:

Please do read this:

11 Likes

Aseth -I’m from RJ Brazil, I’m 46 years old. I got to know witchcraft through wicca and candomble practices.
Looking for something stronger, I started in a necromantic aspect where reapers, slaughterers, black magicians live, but I don’t know how to work with them, the priest limits information and the main thing I don’t have is protection. They even appear on the candles and collect spirits when requested, but it leaves something to be desired. I also cultivate Aseth and Tiamat by intuition.
Tarot Rider Waite Game

3 Likes

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @SETHBR

How long have you practiced?

1 Like

Norse900. I’m 43, have about a year left in Hawaii. I started secretly reading “psychic” books at the library when I was in grade school to try to understand the spirits I would see and sense because I couldn’t find the answers for that at my Mormon church. I’ve practiced off and on, with long breaks between until about a year ago, when Hecate came knocking on my door.

I had to re-awaken my clairs and go searching for a way to contact and honor her, which led me to Demonolatry. While I don’t worship spirits, I certainly honor those I’ve worked with for longer periods than simple requests. All those psychic books and the practice I did with it came in pretty handy.

I just got done working through the Shadownomicon and I’m currently dual-pathing it with the Book of Gates and Archangels of Magick. Once I’ve gone through the BoG, I’ll likely hit up the Lovecraftian current, before going back to the Shadownomicon entities and starting the cycle over again to go down deeper rabbit holes.

15 Likes

Hello all! My name is Meta. I’ve been a student of the occult since I was 17, at least, but have struggled with my upbringing in a Pentecostal cult since i was 12. I’m 20 now, but still feel like a beginner when it comes to ritual practice, since I’ve mostly been researching the philosophy side of things. My main interests are Luciferianism, Buddhism, Cartomancy of all kinds, the creation of thoughtforms, Gnosticism, and energy work. As of this year I’ve been getting into Kemeticism and Hermeticism, and trying to form working relationships with Anubis and Hermes. I aim to get as full of an understanding of the workings of our human experience as possible, and hope to use my developing magickal skills to procure for myself (and my loved ones) a stable and pleasant life. Honestly, my biggest struggle right now is going from just studying theory to actual Practice :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the BALG forum.

2 Likes

I’ve been practicing Wiccan magic since 2014, but candomble witchcraft since 2010

3 Likes

Hello! I have been practicing the occult for years, slow going. I like any form of magick that works. I have just started on the LHP and I’m very excited!! :grin: Ambitions include wanting to have financial invincibility to practice magick anytime i want. I want to be able to continue creating the best version of myself. Current struggles are money, I don’t have my own house (live in apartment) and health issues.

Thank you all!!

Tom

4 Likes

Welcome @Tom_Stone

Such as? Please tell us what, exactly, you practice, and how many years you have practiced it.

1 Like

Oops sorry!! Started out on the Wiccan path doing Candle Magick. I spent a LONG time, many years, being an armchair magician. Reading books but not actually DOING anything. I liked grimoires and had a hard time with understanding all the protection stuff and tools. I conveniently used this as an excuse to not do that type of Magick. I fumbled through this path for many, many years. I’d throw in doing a ritual here and there. They actually worked most of the time and still I remained mostly an armchair magician. I read about Law of Attraction and did that. The biggest problem I would have is that once I got something, usually small items or amounts money, that I would stop until I was desperate again. I discovered The Gallery of Magick books and they blew me away. It was all boiled down to what is needed. I had results in job transfer so I could move my family back to our home state. Money here and there and, to me, a very important lesson. Start working on yourself and Magick gets a lot easier. I read two books recently that gave me a strong yet caring nudge to the LHP. They are “Lucifer and the Hidden Demons” by Theodore Rose and “Rites of Lucifer” by Temple of Ascending Flame Edited by Asenath Mason. Especially after reading RoL I felt happiness, calmness and a comfortable sense of starting on my correct path. I have some catching up to do!! I “practiced” for over 20 years. Mostly just spinning my wheels. In the past 7 to 8 years I have actually been serious. Still sifting through bullshit here and there and I’m not getting discouraged. Thank you!!

6 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and welcome to the BALG forum.

Hello everyone.
I am from Italy, I am 29 years old, and this is the fourth month of me approacing the occult and everything around it.
I haven’t lived an exciting life from a spiritual point of view, my parents were Catholics, and they never left me even approach the arts until I left home (at least i can try and work in secrecy now).
Now I’m trying to fully immerse myself, drawing inspiration from books by authors like EA., Jason Miller, and others. I also purchased Mastering Divination, and am starting the suggested exercises.
I find practices such as necromancy, evocation and in general communication with spirits very interesting.
Right now I want to reach a level where I can at least see and communicate with spirits, and I’m working with that specific goal in mind.
I also realize that I am far behind, and that first of all I have to work on myself: the fears from my “Christian” past, my haste and lust for results, my hidden skepticism; these are the obstacles that I am fighting and trying to break down first. I’m starting to practice meditation, tarot reading, and using sigils, but I have a long way to go.

I wanted to thank you all for being part of this forum, because in addition to having the opportunity to meet kind and helpful people, I am finding that even the best have had problems and faced difficult challenges, before getting where I want to go too.
I hope i didn’t skip anything, or bored anyone, but thank you for reading!

Good luck to all

9 Likes

Hi, I’m Lilly. I’m 45 and am relatively new to the occult, although I have always been interested. Since most everything I’m interested in seems to start with meditation, I’m working on that and reading a lot. I read much more in the forum than I post. I’ve always felt very drawn to demonology.

Let’s see… current ambitions. I am making slow progress with meditation. Visualization is especially difficult for me, but I am slowly getting there. Of course, there is so much to learn, and I want to learn. However, I need to acquire enough information to be able to ask good questions. So, I guess my current ambitions are to get to a point where I can see where I should go next. I guess that is also my current struggle: being patient while I acquire enough skills and knowledge to continue moving forward. I am always looking for a new book or new information, but I wonder if that is just me trying to avoid the hard work of meditation. Anyway, I know what I need to do (I think). I just need to keep doing it.

Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge here!

10 Likes

Hi all, My name is Barnaby Clifton
I do any and all kinds of magic, but I came from white magic, and the rhp, but I don’t agree with their ideas, so I just do what I want now.
I like evocations a lot, but I do quite a bit of mental magic and some of my own creations. I made a servitor once.

I aspire to be a good man. Not only that, but I want to be happy and prosperous.

I struggle with figuring out what exactly I should be producing for the world. I am doing a degree in innovation and design, and want to make cool stuff when I have the skills.
I also struggle with relationships, due to abuse, and I have a disease called ulcerative colitis.

5 Likes

Hello all! My name is Carlos, I’m 22, and I truly didn’t start my occult practices until around a year and a half ago. I mostly do mental magick, along with meditations and eventually plan to look into tantra. I aspire to learn as much as I possibly can, search inside myself, as well as continuing to enrich my relationship with my patroness, Shugara. I struggle mostly with overthinking the steps to take when conducting rituals, as well as being timid to work with other entities. All in all, I very much look forward to learning from everything that everyone has to offer here!

8 Likes