Info about Hermes [and Introduction]

Hello there, i’m new here and i’m glad i found this forum! I’ve been interested in Hermes since a dream i had years ago: i was standing on a rock in a forest and looking up, on a bigger rock, i saw a figure offering his hand. While taking it, i saw his helmet and recognized the God, but then i woke up.
Is there any way i can contact Him? I’m basically new to this, but i’ve been interested in doing so for a lot of time. I don’t want to contact him for money or stuff, but just to know Him, hopefully that makes sense, thank you!

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

Where do you hail from?
Do you have any experience in magick? If so, what have you practiced and how long have you practiced it?
If not, what areas of magick are you most interested in learning?

If we know what you know so far we can tailor answers more to what you can already do.

Thank you, i’m Italian!
I’ve been mostly interested in Spiritual Satanism, but never practiced anything, only been reading and getting info here and there.
But that dream got really stuck in my mind and i wanted to know an opinion from someone else, since i never told anybody :slight_smile:

I apologize, but still being a newbie, i don’t really know, let me know if you’d like to know anything else, i’d love to help!

Got you :slight_smile: As this counts as your Intro I’ve added that to your title so our intro rule is met.

Hermes is from the Greek pantheon, and a good way to get to know a new entity and start working with them is called “preparatory immersion”. You just get all books and blog that tell you about the entity and read them, as much as you can find. This has the effect of reaching out to that entity and bringing them nearer to you.

We have some good posts on here from people working with Hermes, so part of your prep can be to read through those. The search here is very richly featured and you can search by contents, who posted, category and date.

This one looks useful for you:

Will do, thank you for your help and time!
Do you have any other suggestions or tips? :relaxed:

Yes.

Don’t apologize. Everyone is new during their first day.

Traditionally, he is called with his Orphic hymn. Other thing that you can do is to focus on him, on your idea of him, to the exclusion of any other thought, tell him he is awesome and call him by name. Works better surrounded by images related to speed (jets, etc) and for some reason, with Madonna’s “Ray of light” as background music (don’t ask, I don’t know why, but it works).

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Hermes’ Orphic Hymn:

Hermes, draw near, and to my pray’r incline, angel of Jove [Zeus], and Maia’s son divine;
Studious of contests, ruler of mankind, with heart almighty, and a prudent mind.
Celestial messenger, of various skill, whose pow’rful arts could watchful Argus kill:
With winged feet, ‘tis thine thro’ air to course, O friend of man, and prophet of discourse:
Great life-supporter, to rejoice is thine, in arts gymnastic, and in fraud divine:
With pow’r endu’d all language to explain, of care the loos’ner, and the source of gain.
Whose hand contains of blameless peace the rod, Corucian, blessed, profitable God;
Of various speech, whose aid in works we find, and in necessities to mortals kind:
Dire weapon of the tongue, which men revere, be present, Hermes, and thy suppliant hear;
Assist my works, conclude my life with peace, give graceful speech, and me memory’s increase.

You can find 40 similar Orphic Hymns from this link

https://www.theoi.com/Text/OrphicHymns1.html

2 Likes

I may have to translate it in Italian, hope it’ll work too, thanks!

Reading the available mythology pertaining to the entity you desire to engage with and sort of building up the necessary imagery you’d require in order to get more familiar may help you. Also, as there are often certain organic materials which are commonly known to correspond to the entity’s vibration based on astrological sciences and so on, you may want to burn incense and perhaps light up a candle using a color correspondence, or even leave an offering somewhere in order to build up rapport and a working relationship. That’s part of what you’d likely find out during your preparatory immersion as someone has mentioned already.