Im not sure i understand scrying

No, usually there are specific elemental images that you use to make cotnact. Check out the books Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, and Raziel’s Paths of Power for demonic and angelic pathworking respectively.

If you don’t want to spend money for the books, Jareth Tempest, the author of Raziel’s Paths of Power, provides some free pathworkings on his website:

2 Likes

Oh I see. Okay pretty sure I understand now.
Can pathworking be done with any spirit or even thought forms?

From what I just read, I wonder if the specific imagery used is based on the powers of the spirit in question.

Like maybe pathworking with animal spirits involves imagining yourself in the places those animals live.

No, the images don’t have anything to do with the powers of the spirit. They are typically archetypal and elemental.

Generally, you get the images from the spirit itself. So, you would contact the spirit through another method, and ask it to provide the pathworking images.

Yes, if you receive images that will work for making contact.

2 Likes

Awesome.
Contact with a spirit for that, I’m guessing can be done through invocation.

I should be able to invoke a spirit just by repeating the spirits name in my mind while I’m in a light alpha trance right?

But then will I know when I have successfully invoked a spirit?

@DarkestKnight @Mornaug @MottledZeitgeist

In the tutorials for entering TGS when you are staring at a corner between walls where they meat the ceiling, what is meant by the phrase “pull back your vision” or whatever it is?

It means to literally pull your vision back.

The best analogy I can think of is it’s like looking out of a window at night. Whatever object you are looking at outside the window is in focus, and your reflection in the window is blurry. To see your reflection, you would “pull” your vision back to bring it into focus, and the object outside would then become blurry.

1 Like

Thanks. Pretty sure I understand now.
Sounds like a kinda big challenge but eventually I can do it.

I will probably have to improve my open eyed visualization to the point where anything I visualize looks like it’s really there.

And then visualize a solid object in the spot where I would pull my vision back to.

If you want to try your hand at some light practice, you can try some shamanic drumming videos from YT. Get yourself into trance and then see yourself falling into a hole to the underworld. Interact with whatever beings you see there, but be sure to return the same way you came.

This is more of a shamanic method of “pathworking” (more accurately termed “journeying”) which is not the same as what @DarkestKnight is talking about. He’s giving you instructions on magickal pathworking, but journeying is much easier for a beginner to get a feel for how it works. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that sounds awesome.

But seeing and interacting with other beings, wouldn’t that just be in my imagination?

Would it just be another thing I’m intentionally visualizing or would they actually just be there?

I predict a Hairy Potter quote coming.

All journeying and pathworking starts in the imagination. However, there is a point where the imagination gives way to a real experience of the inner planes, and the only way that happens is if you don’t question anything at all during your trip. There is always time for the logical mind to work later.

Imagination is the doorway to magick.

2 Likes

That’s really cool.

1 Like