Im not sure i understand scrying

I don’t know if I daydream because I somehow don’t know what daydreaming is.

I mean I googled the definition of daydream but don’t really understand it.

Also if I ever do make it into Alpha trance and realize that I’m in the trance, what then?

How do I do anything magical once I’m in the trance?

How exactly does being in a trance relate to or help magick?

Have you ever been really bored, and your mind just kind of drifted off into random fantasy? Maybe in school, when listening to a lecture by a very uninteresting teacher? That is daydreaming.

Once you are in trance, you simply commence with whatever ritual you want to do.

An altered state of consciousness allows the conscious mind to take a step back and the subconscious to come more to the front. The subconscious is the gateway to spiritual experience.

3 Likes

No I don’t think I been in any of the situations you described or even anything similar.

However my thoughts are almost always moving between different fantasies,imaginary futures,cool super power ideas, how to use magick, and everything else anyone can imagine.

My thoughts are almost never simply in the present moment unless I’m on social media or watching something.

So maybe daydreaming is just my natural default state of being.

The key to trance is relaxation. Relaxing the physical body results in relaxing of the mind.

2 Likes

Thanks. I wonder if the alpha trance can make my psi balls stronger.

So I’m guessing deeper levels of trance are kinda just deeper levels of relaxation.

1 Like

Basically, yes.

1 Like

Well, let’s see. Do you drive? If so, maybe you’re familiar with the fact that many of us can drive for long distances without thinking about it, so sometimes you can drive quite a while and not even be aware of your surroundings or the car itself. To do that, you’re in what is called a light trance, or a daydream state.

Just try sitting quietly for a moment. Close your eyes part way (not all the way). Relax your body, and just start imagining, for example, that you’re riding on the back of a massive dragon. Feel how it might be to swoop down over the treetops. Imagine seeing a group of witches below you around a bonfire in the middle of the forest as you swoop down closer. Fly around, and take as long as you want.

Now, if you did that exactly as I described, most likely you will have experienced what a light trance feels like. It’s a state where your body is relaxed, but your mind is focused on something entirely different than where you are. This creates an alpha brainwave state. Eventually, with practice, you can enter this state at will just by thinking about it.

Does that help a bit? Please feel free to question further if it’s not clear.

1 Like

[quote=“ZombieDemon9000, post:23, topic:162399”]
How do I do anything magical once I’m in the trance?[/quote]

Once you’re used to it, you can do entire rituals in light trance. It takes some practice, though, but that state of mind is very natural to humans, so it shouldn’t take too long if you’re determined.

Being in a trance dampens the conscious state. In a regular conscious state, humans tend to be critical, doubtful, anxious, etc., during ritual, all of which may completely negate your ritual and cause it to fail.

Once the conscious, critical mind has been quieted, it’s like you have an open door to the subconscious, which is where magickal ability resides. The subconscious mind speaks in symbols, which is also the language of magick for this reason. Being able to access and program one’s own subconscious mind with ritual without the conscious mind interfering is a skill all magicians need to learn at some point.

1 Like

No I don’t drive. But I’m pretty sure that now I understand the light alpha trance thanks to Darkest Knight and you.

Also I believe that last night, I successfully entered some level of the light alpha trance which kinda lasted until I was asleep.

What is really interesting though is that I remember it all so clearly and during those moments I just started remembering random cartoons I saw years ago.

I imagine this will be pretty easy to keep getting better at.

1 Like

Sounds like you got it! It’s really just a softening of your attention. You just kinda go inwards. In my case, I feel that state in my body. My skin seems to cool down, or I’ll feel a slight breeze (or what feels like one) on my skin. This is probably due to how the bodily functions tend to slow down a bit when you start going into altered states.

Good luck with your practice! Keep us updated!

Morgan

1 Like

Thanks. Basically what I did was focused on the relaxing of my body, gently cleared my mind or atleast greatly slowed it down, and with a light focus remaining on my five senses, I kinda just mentally let everything go and flow.

Amazing how easy that was. @Mornaug.

I took my focus off my massive thunder storm of thoughts and and onto my five senses along with the feeling of my body relaxing.

1 Like

Now I probably just need to figure out how I will have time to KEEP doing this.

1 Like

@Mornaug Somehow I’m having a hard time getting into a trance for the second time.

So I might try a combination of stupidly simple visualization and keeping my thoughts in a mantra related to the visualization.

If that fails, I will probably try just relaxing and visualizing stuff for fun while not really trying to enter trance.

I almost wonder if I’m starting to try to hard and getting too worried about the results.

1 Like

I think you’re doing fine. :slight_smile: It just takes a little tweaking and practice. It’s actually a very common brainwave frequency, so I think you can get there by just relaxing. Just soften your gaze a bit, try to quiet your mind, and you’ll be there.

Trying too hard and/or worrying will definitely make it hard, if not impossible, to get there. Like I said, it’s a natural human state, and once you do it a few times, you’ll see how easy it really is.

1 Like

Thanks. Recently it seems like I can’t find a comfortable enough area to even try this in.

Like there is just no part of my house where I can focus on relaxation,trance,or any kind of meditation.

Sometimes I get close but I fall asleep long before I get into trance it seems. Or maybe it’s actually that I somehow enter too deep of a trance to stay conscious with.

Other times I can’t enter trance because my arms always get itchy until I’m sleeping.

Also @Mornaug , I was wondering if every meditation gets people into trance.

Are there any simple tool free rituals I can try whenever I enter trance?

Something I can do completely just in my imagination yet still manifests real results.

Probably not astral temple cause for that, I would probably need to enter a much deeper trance than I can currently hope to reach.

Pathworking via imagery.

1 Like

Thanks @DarkestKnight I have looked up all I could find here about path working before but not sure what it really is.

All the information from what I remember is super unclear.

So if I just imagine myself talking to Zeus on Mount Olympus,is that pathworking?