Illuminating the Path

I haven’t used mine in a while, but it’s hands down the best thing I ever did :laughing:

:smirk::roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ve got myself in one of those situations tho, so it might be time to get out the power tools…

2 Likes

Im pretty excited to do this. I love the idea behind the book and the process used to create. This is gonna be fun.

2 Likes

I did my sigils last night and im pretty happy with my free hand on it. Im getting ready to gorilla glue in my mirror. Then basically I just need my oils and herbs for anointing. Gold candles and gold cord for charging. Finally gold cloth for concealing.

Oh I almost forgot. I need to get some magical ink. Or make my own if anyone has any recipes feel free to link them.

3 Likes

I need to get another cord to attach to my current to lengthen it so I can get 9 wraps instead of 6. 1 for each of the 9 divinities.

I need to make my magical ink still. No progress on that at all. Ive seen recipes that use your blood and water with a little acacia gum to thicken it.

Im really gonna need to figure out my ink issue. The only other things I am waiting on is my oils and herbs to make the anointing oleums.

Once I have made my ink and corrected my cords length and mixed oleums. I will be ready to start the ritual of charging this bad boy.

This is coming together at the perfect time because I currently need this in my life. Last Friday I was told my entire division within my company is getting outsourced to India. I have 6 months to do 1 of 3 things. Find a new job within my current company… fuck that. Get laid off with a severance package. Ok, maybe. Third is to find a new job. Im feeling #3.

The shit part is that the other 20k employees in my department will all be doing the same thing at the same time with the same skillset… fuck me, right!

4 Likes

My physical copy showed up today. Pretty excited about that. I have a lot of preparation for this rite so im probably not gonna even start this 5 month rite for a few more months. First I have to finish my book of Agares. The hold up on that is that I do not have all my required herbs. Tomorrow is my payday so I plan on picking up my remaining items required for this rite.

This is the book ill be working with to start growing my herbs and how to turn them into my required oleums.

In other news, my wife is getting into photography so I’m working on repairing one of my dji drones so she can take it and learn to take pictures with it. Last time I flew it I had a rough landing and took out the gimbal for the camera.

4 Likes

Fuck you amazon! A month to deliver some gold candles… psshhhh. Canceled.

Ordered my next batch of shit and final list of what all I need to make my book of agares.

I’ve decided I need to find a trunk or something I can put all my ritual tools away in after ritual. Not sure about you all. I have so much shit that I’m trying to find a hiding place for it all. The amount of candles, incense, herbs, jars, bottles, inks pens, journals, books and numerous other items im not gonna continue to list. You get my point. The list is extensive. The fuck am I gonna put all this lol. I could easily fill a wall locker.

A year ago I started an endeavor to put a floor in my attic. I got one subfloor sheet in before saying fuck this. I need to get a carpenter out here to do this. Its too much for me to do by myself.

I really need a place outside of prying eyes that I can put all this without having to haul it around.

5 Likes

Shop Goodwill online. They have an auction site. Watch the shipping costs. I got a couple of trunks that way.

2 Likes

@anon39079500 man I didnt even know they had an online option… fuck, I might get in trouble. My wife might have a stroke when she reads this and realizes I know this now lol.

So after finding out about the long delivery on those gold candles. I went and ordered from a different shop and those already arrived.

3 Likes

Most of my shit is in plain sight. Like my herbs are all in my kitchen, right to the left of the kitchen herbs- the stove is the right so just makes sense thst way. Even my kids know the herbs on the left are moms, the ones in the right are cooking herbs lol.

I like crafts so, I don’t have anything that is really abnormal, even my herb books in the kitchen, kinda make sense ya know.

I don’t have things like statues or anything like that though, so other than the closet altar, I’m not really hiding anything, other than cleaning up rituals lol.

2 Likes

I have a few statues, couple framed sigils, paintings i keep an altar in my bedroom. I dont wanna put any of that stuff up. What I’d like to have eventually happen is I put all that in the attic when someone floors it. Have an entire space devoted to it that I don’t have to hide or move.

3 Likes

In other news. Breakfast for dinner! Can we all agree that breakfast for dinner is always a wise decision? Can we just get ride of dinner all together and have 2 breakfasts. Breakfast, lunch and second breakfast or night breakfast. Mm I like that, night breakfast it is.

Ok back to actual Magick stuff. Ive got everything except for long enough gold cord. Ill be taking a trip to wallamrt to buy some after night breakfast tonight. I have everything else and my book is prepped. Tonight (hopefully) it gets consecrated and charged, ill be writing my first requests. All in one low Magick book here we come!

5 Likes

Heeeey I have the exact same one :heart_eyes: paperblanks are so gorgeous

1 Like

Yeah I have 3 of them total. I’ll never buy another brand of journal.

1 Like

My oleum bottles showed up and they are a lot fancier than I was expecting. Very pleasantly surprised.

I ended up having company show up when they found out I was doing breakfast for dinner. So I didnt end up having time to consecrated and charge last night. Which works out for me because I now have a permanent storage containers for the oleum for this book.

3 Likes

Last night was a complete success.

It took me about 4 hours to consecrate the entire book… each page… front and back…

So for oddities that occurred. I spent about an hour cleaning my garage floor and getting everything ready. My last step was to put out candles. When I got down to the last candle, a butterfly fluttered out of nowhere and start circling my ritual circle. I went ahead and greeted and thanked the butterfly for coming and went on with what I was doing.

When I did the invocation of agares in the east quadrant as well as the invocation with the oleum in the east quadrant. This caused me to become aroused. No sexual thoughts or anything like that at the time. When it started happening I actually got confused and remember thinking to myself. “Hey feller whats going on down there?” I then ignored the sensation and went with the flow. I noted that as soon as I went to the south quadrant the arousal almost instantly left both times. Side note, agares is an airy demon so they would be associated with the east quadrant.

And the oddest thing that happend occurred about 5 seperate times during the consecration of the book. While setting and stating my intention and pushing golden light into each page front and back I got struck with stupid is the best way I can put it lol. Numerious times I would be in mid sentence and completely forget what I was saying and supposed to be saying next. When it happened in the first 30ish pages I wrote it off as bad memory. But as I continued to get further into the book repeating these words over and over with ever new side of a page. It started to become odder and odder. After repeating “this is my book of agares. extension of the divine self. A sacred record of manifestation of my will.” I would anoint the top right side of the page and say “this is my book of agares” and have absolutely no idea what would come next. I couldn’t really think at all clearly. Like a fog had came over me mid sentence. Then a few moments later it would lift and the words would spill out like there was no pause.

So first charging is done. 6 more nights to go.

5 Likes

Last night was another successful charging. 5 more nights.

I almost fucked up and slept through last night. I was bored after work and depression was kicking in so I took a nap. Luckily my wife woke me up just before 10pm asking if I wanted go sleep all night.

So I got up and completed last night’s charging.

5 Likes

Charging still going as planned. I mistakenly fell asleep early one day and miss a night of charging. I have since moved to mornings to charge. Ive also added a few additional personal touches to the charging process that I feel help enhance what felt very cookie cutter and simplistic. Nothing revolutionary or ground breaking. Just feels better.

On another topic I’d like to go back to the talk about needing a place i could comfortably do my kasdeya. I have 2 updates on this front. #1 is storage for all my tools and supplies (fuck its growing in size daily). So I was taking @anon39079500 advice and looking on goodwill online for a decent priced trunk I could use for storage. Just before I spent money I came across an old foot locker of mine from my deployment that I havent seen in probably 5 years. It was sitting almost in the middle of my garage. Not where I left it but hey, thanks for the reminder whoever that was!

Second is that I ended up being left a display table. Its wood with a glass top. The glass top had broken so my dad asked me to just burn it in my burn pit. I was planning on doing so… buuuuuut, I incorporated this table into my book of agares work as a alter table and I think im sold. This table is just under hip height. Its perfect height for me if im needing to stand before my altar. I have a little drummers throne I use as a seat and its perfect height when seated. It also has a lower storage area beneath the table top. I love how shit just comes together without planning for it to.

6 Likes

I have finishes the charging on Friday. Everything went really well. I was planning on using last night (my birthday) to write in my desires. Kinda like a birthday wish. I ended up getting high as a kite and forgot… tonight it is.

3 Likes

My amulet showed up for my rite of kasdeya today. I ended up going with an orgone with amethyst and opal in it.

I’ve been writing down in the calendar im using, im writing in what days are for what purpose and to who. I have my first 30 days wrote out. That was easy because your first 30 days are structured already for you in the book. Basically all ive done now is transpose that information into a calendar so I know what days are for what. I made it simple since the calendar I got are half page days. It was easy, I took each thing I had to do and set a time of day to it. I also put the page number for the explanation of the task next to it for easy finding. The next month is what will take me more time to figure out. Because I just get a frame work and am to plan myself around or within that framework.

So ive been muling around an idea of trying to not repeat the same ritual twice during this entire 5 months. Its possible I believe but I myself am running into issues finding enough things to try. I may very well say fuck this and scrap that idea as it only adds to the complexity of this extended rite.

4 Likes

Last night was my first time utilizing my book of agares. I like how simple it is to use but it feels lack luster compared to the creation of the book.

The steps for writing in the book are
#1 open to the first page with the mirror and scry into it while saying the enn of Agares. Then write your wish (separating them by type of request per page.) So for me I did a financial page and a career page. So for example on my financial page I put down " i want $10000 in my savings" when writing this I focused on the successful outcome. As well as the emotions I would feel when this happend. Finally how this would help me.

I did the same on my careers page " I want a job I am happy at. That pays me more than I need each month".

That one im a little worried as I may be a little vague but thats also what I wanted so that the end state could come from anywhere. Hopefully this doesn’t back fire and im some drug smuggler next month lol.

My final request was the obligatory " I want to win the lotto". I felt I should add it in just in case.

On to different matters. My new chalice showed up yesterday. I really do like it. I may do some buffing to smooth out some edges. Its very heavy so I really like that. My only complaint is that the listing stated its material was glass not iron/steel. That and it was a little expensive for not being glass. 30$ did I get totally suckered here folks?

4 Likes