I'll give you the gift after you give me what I want

I don’t command, it’s rude, I grow some balls and summon the spirit then ask respectfully

5 Likes

I used to feel the same way until I used one of the 72 Names of the Shem HaMephorash to gain insight into it. Like I said, don’t do it rudely, but rather it’s similar to just asking with full faith.

2 Likes

Same here especially if it is “someone” nes. It’s just like in Mundane life I do pay someone I don’t know and trust before services rendered.

1 Like

Pretty much the same approach I use for most spirits. There are some I will not (mainly my dead) but for most, I have yet to had a problem with that approach

2 Likes

Ancestors?

Yup, especially ones I knew in life. I give offerings before and after the working with them. Pretty much only with them

2 Likes

I am the same way since they are family still.

Agreed. It also helps to not look like a weakling or a pushover, or reliant on charity - because you’re simply none of these things - this is giving your power away and being inauthentic, and that’s always going to lead to problems.

It does depend on the entity and your relationship, but being slightly formal and professional goes a very long way, imo.

4 Likes

I used to think, that, and in some cases that’s still going to be true, because it depends what you mean by it - there are some that stand there and literally command you to command them… it happened to EA, and it happened to me and few others I think…

it’s not about barking orders, it’s about getting in the right headspace and having the confidence to direct the energy correctly.
In qigong the way they put it is, to KNOW that it’s flowing right - not ask, hope or believe: know. This is how to have command. This is mastery. And shit just works.

So, I think there’s more of an issue with the English language being inadequate and having too many filtered meanings here more than anything.

6 Likes

I’m in total agreement!

3 Likes

I think @DarkestKnight said it nicely in this post from him, as he details Koetting’s experience on the matter, which @Mulberry mentioned:

4 Likes

I still don’t agree that they expect to be commanded with authority, @DarkestKnight is a ceremonial magician if I’m not mistaken, which is a type of Magick I never did and never will do, I use enns or prayer, it’s how I called many Infernals, including Satan :smiley:

2 Likes

Well man do you I guess…if you’re satisfied with the results your getting then stick with the philosophy and practice you’ve got.

I’m curious though what you dislike about ceremonial magick. When practiced properly it’s safe and highly effective.

Edit:
Ok I’m curious bro I’ll share something that happened a few weeks ago. During an evocation of Duke Agares the spirit showed up and immediately left the triangle and started coming towards me, then it started to go around my circle on my sides…now what would you do?..

I’m going to tell you what I did. I told him “No” in clear and certain terms. I then directed him to be seated in the triangle. He complied, I wasn’t asking him I was telling him.

What could have happened if I didn’t have the balls to direct the spirit? Do you understand what I’m saying?

2 Likes

I dislike the binding, now people can practice without the intent to bind, but if you intend to subjugate and bind then no

3 Likes

That’s fine, I still think it’s better not to use a triangle at all, as spirits may interpret it as disrespect

Only if a spirit gets out of line FIRST, then you have the right to tell them no and stand your ground

2 Likes

I disagree, it assists the spirit in manifesting and offers a seat to the spirit.

What could have happened with Duke Agares without one? I was damn glad I had one.

2 Likes

Well I’m glad you see it that way.

2 Likes

I’ve never worked with the Solomonic method and things worked fine for me

1 Like

Ok man I digress, keep doing it how you have been. 🤷

4 Likes

In the end, all this discussion is useless. We are magicians. So, do magick to get insight on commanding spirits politely, and whether or not it is offensive, and how to do it, like I did. All the discussion in the world can’t compare to it.

If you have 72 Sigils of Power by Zanna Blaise, there’s a name in there that can do exactly that.

On the triangle, you have two ways to look at it. It is a symbol of Saturn, and Saturn is a planet of limitation, but also it also represents the densest form of matter. So, you can use it to bind, or, like @anon25000386 said, you can use it to help spirits to manifest easier in Evocation so that you can see them better and it’s easier for them to communicate with you. That is why the triangle is used in evocation in ceremonial magick. And a circle is used for non-evocation to help with that.

Regardless, many magicians here have good relationships with Demons while using a triangle. They’ve been working with Demons and other spirits for years like that and have received many blessings and have had a good relationship with the spirits outside of evocation.

So, it seems they really don’t care. What matters is your intent. If you intend to use it maliciously, then that may not go down very well. If you do it to keep the operation safe, while maintaing respect for them, then mostly they will not mind that either. It doesn’t matter what the logic behind it is, cause I know someone is going to give some world example to say that that’s not how you deal with people, it doesn’t matter. The spirits don’t seem to care about human social norms, they care more about your attitude and your intent.

So as long as you maintain respect and your intent is not malicious, for most then it really does not matter. We’ve got many examples of that.

4 Likes