If the spirit and soul are disconnected

If I disconnect the soul from the spirit, does the soul need to be connected to something that takes the place of the spirit? Or does it not need to be connected to something that takes the place of the spirit? What would happen if the spirit and soul were disconnected? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Depends what you mean by soul and spirit.

In my worldview, which loosely follows taoist philosophy, the “spirit” is the first identification of consciousness when a piece of the Tao starts to incarnate. It is present in all layers of incarnation, which become denser and denser, through the addition of various bodies or vessels.

And a “soul”, then, is a generic term to say “layers of one or more bodies plus spirit”. A human is a soul, a beings that doesn’t have a physical body but does have an astral body is also a soul, a spirit with only one rarified causal vessel is also a soul.

When the spirit leaves a lower level body, that body is “dead” and is recycled. So with these definitions…

Then you kill the vessels below that level, and the spirit is free of all incarnations. It is free to do what it wants from here, including reincarnate.

Yes or it will die, I believe. The person looks like the are continuing, but family and friend notice they are “just going through the motions” and they get sick and die within months. Kind of like a human spiritual version of how chickens can still run around with their heads chopped off.

This is where things like “walk-ins” can occur, through these are usually a “soul” or energy being that is fully incarnate to the energy level and then simply uses the physical level as a last layer of incarnation.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind response!

I was using spirit to mean the higher body and soul to mean the astral body.

I was wondering if the astral body (soul) is disconnected from the spirit, does the astral body have to be anchored to something that takes the place of the spirit?

I think I may have misrepresented the meaning of soul and spirit to you, I apologize.

Yes I would say so, otherwise it’s like a vessel with no pilot. There’s nothing to stop it being recycled by the astral processes that destroy the discarded bodies.

As above so below: on earth we have bacteria and fungi, in the astral there’s larvae and other things that eat and decompose empty shells as well. It doesn’t stay littered with with detritus of trillions of entities that used an astral shell then moved on.

Uh, what you mean is that some being in the astral plane can eat the astral body, which is my empty shell separated from the spirit (higher body)?

Well it’s not yours any more after you died. A spirit transitioning out of or discarding a vessel is what death is.

But beings plural, yes, as I mentioned, more like bacteria and part of the natural cycles, so there’s a lot of them and they’re everywhere, usually you just ignore them if you see them, as they do nothing much but vacuum up left overs and they’re about in the background. They also consume discarded qi bodies after the 2nd death (as it’s called in qigong, where you have died the first death, and now discard the qi body to die the 2nd death) and any other discarded detritus.

They are even known to sometimes attach to living (incarnated) energy bodies by mistake, such as when we have leaks, causing problems and looking parasitic, but that’s a different issue - you can just pluck them off if you notice them, but this is why it’s good to be able to read and work with your own energy so you can stay clean like that.

No the spirit doesn’t have a body. A body, in my mind, is a vessel that provides an interface with which to experience a level of perception - it’s a sensory device basically. All bodies are a kind of vessel, but the spirit is the actual “you” consciousness, that “I AM” as they call it, or “spark of life” that is actually using those bodies. Like you put on clothes and get in a car, you have many layers for different purposes and different ways to experience the reality it’s designed for.

1 Like

Interesting question! For my experience and worldview I think that our soul (The Piece Of God / Great Guardian Angel) is the source of “Big” Magick (evocation, invocation, casting spells and talismans), when you make contact with your Great Guardian Angel you can do pretty much what common people would call miracles. In my opinion, the soul is not the source of life (you can have a body without soul), for that I think that psychopaths don’t have a soul and that’s why astral parasites and other nasty things can easily influence them.

Because they don’t have a soul they can’t do “Big Magick” (evocation, invocation, etc…) and any attempts would only make contact with the beings that are attached/leaching on them, but psychopaths can use “Little Magick” like Law of Attraction (what you think is what you become), because the only source that’s need to this type of Magick is our spirit (our emanation of the body) that use our thoughts and emotions to fuel.

Regarding sociopaths for some people who don’t know, sociopaths become like this in life while psychopaths are born like this, and with that Sociopaths can still use “Big” Magick but it will still be harder to contact the Great Guardian Angel. But why? Because the Sociopath became this during his life, the soul is in the body but separated from the spirit with a greater gap than an ordinary person (while the psychopaths don’t have any soul). So in a spiritual way you can classify the psychopath and sociopath phenomena as “a lack, or a distancing, from the soul”.

What I’ll say could be very controversial… Our soul don’t have a personality, but it have a goal. It can be bizarre to think, “Gee, but how can something without a personality have a purpose?”, yeah, it’s pretty alien to us this concept but that’s it! In the moment that they are in our body they simply want something in life, our “True Will”, that’s from being a baker to being a business owner (whatever it choose). I personally think that our soul is a way to the Creator/Source/Olorum to feel it thing individually (not only us but the gods and deities are also a way for It to feel and make things individually). If God is omnipresent, therefore it’s everything and feel everything, everywhere at the same time. With the “necessity” (There is no way to understand what this “want” of God would be) to feel things, it created all of the universe so that every part of him is its own thing (you cannot go to Paimon and say to him that he’s Raziel, Paimon is Paimon, and Raziel is Raziel, each of them experience and behave in their own unique way). When you die the soul comes back to the Source, and when your spirit reincarnates the new body receive a new soul.

Phew! That’s a lot of information… Anyway, I had to tell all of that information so you can comprehend what’s the “Soul”.

Now what’s the spirit? For my experience, I think that the spirit is an emanation of our material body. Every single thought that you had, every single emotion that you carried, is stored in your spirit. It’s the spirit that reincarnates, and, for some reason, all the previous experiences and feelings of the past lives are hidden (not destroyed, I think, as some people manage to unearth their past lives). The spirit is what they call in Voodoo “Le petit ange” while the Soul is the “Le gran ange”. In the African religions (Quimbanda, Voodoo) the entities from these religions can possess the body by taking the spirit out of the body, or leaving it repressed to the point where most of the control of the body lies with the entity.

Some people say that this “Spirit Reset” happens because of Wheel of Samsara, others say because of Archons (Demiurge), whatever… And through knowledge, determination and/or magickal skill you can break the cycle and escape the material realm and become an entity of the astral (in Quimbanda, exus are people who broke the reincarnation cycle, now being in the astral world and still maintaining memories, likes and dislikes of their material lives).

Our spirit also matches our aura. If you look at your emotions they can be described scientifically as neurotransmitters and hormones processes. And that “material data/information” is passed to our aura and our spirit. Because of that Empaths and Psychics can read people’s emotions, and some can even read thoughts!

When the spirit is hard-pressed and obsessed with some materialistic emotional aspect, they go to something called Umbral. Umbral is the “real Hell” (Note that I always use quotation marks when I’m not sure of the correct term to express some concepts that are a little difficult to understand), in this area of the Astral Realm (some people say that the Umbral is its own realm, but I believe that is in the Astral Realm) is cold and almost pitch black (for those who watched the film Talk to me can certainly remember the dark place that these spirits stay).

Generally, those who stay on the Umbral are people who are addicted and obsessed in something, I’m a way that makes their spirit/astral body “weight down and fall” to that place. It is very common to find drug users and killers in that place. The killers (or psychopaths) who were addicted to kill fall on the Umbral and they still wants to satisfy the addiction, making them influence and possess other psychopaths to commit murderers to leach their sensations/energies. The drug users who fall on the Umbral, search to feel the sensation of the drug again, and they often go after another drug users to leach on them and make them even more addicted. Practically, thus creating an ocean of spirits there, as those who were leached by them would become more addicted, die and go to that place, and that goes on a infinity cycle. A sad thing that is unfortunately true, is that people who are suicidal or who died from depression end up going to this place too, because of the heavy feeling of hopeless.

The Exus (in the Quimbanda cult) are some of the beings that can “free” the spirits that are in Umbral. Some of them are like “cops” and when those spirits from Umbral are causing a lot of trouble in our material world the Exus hunt that spirit and take it back to the Umbral or leave it to reincarnate. Other Exus are a little more “business people” and only help the spirits on Umbral if they help or do something that they ask for. For example, a Tatá (the priest in Quimbanda) can ask an Exu to do some work/magick for something, the Exu then goes to the Umbral and recruit some spirits to do the work if the work requires constant influence (Exus, unlike deities, cannot be in several places at the same time, so they use these spirits to carry out attack works, love bindings, etc…). When the work is complete, the Exu goes and free the spirits that he recruited (making them reincarnate again) or they simply put them back to the Umbral if they’re still "heavy’ to reincarnate.

I made an infographic that explains it and gives a visualization more, sorry for the quality of the image
IMG_20240221_205637
From my perspective the order that constitutes an organic being is (from the “most” important to the life of the organic body to the least): Body (organs, brains), Spirit (astral body/Le petite ange and aura), Soul (Great Guardian Angel/Le Gran Ange)

Aaaannd… That was it! Was a lot of work and time to put all of my opinions and studies on a single reply. Some of the things that I said are off course just prepositions that I have, since most of things regarding the creation and how some phenomenons work in the Universe is still a mystery to us.

I hope I have given you another perspective on the subject!

Honestly,

∆MrKeleton∆