If magick failed...should I still give the offering promised?

You should be giving the offering first.

3 Likes

Lol. I have had some amazing good things happen which I didn’t expect with spirits, so I know they can deliver.

I’m trying to figure out what is it they want me to know in this case by doing the opposite of what I wanted.

I was working with Gordon Winterfields book Demons of Magick and that’s not how it’s done though :frowning:
You give the spirits a “taste” or “promise” of what the offering will be when they help you with your request. In the ritual which is a lot of visualization of what you want, how it would make you feel to get it etc. you then visualize giving the spirit the offering. It can be either public praise, the food or drink, so you imagine doing that or how it tastes…
When the spirit helps you and you get a result or something close enough to a result, you then do another ritual in which you give the offering and if it’s something you would consume then you consume it in the ritual for the spirit to enjoy through you. Or, you would tell the spirit that you praised them publicly earlier on if that’s the case. There are other options you can do such as go through some kind of personal sacrifice that you would tell the spirit about.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice @ReyCuervo

1 Like

In most of the cases, your thanks and your gratefulness are enough

1 Like

It makes sense what you say, yes for sure and I do like the idea of traditional methods but I haven’t worked with them. In this book however, which I have started with as a goetia system which newbies like myself can work with easily and safely, there are 3 different methods you can work with for different levels of contact with the spirit. I’m using the first method which is making a petition in demonic alphabet and visualization of the results and you make the offer in your mind in ritual and deliver it physically after the results manifest (which in my case didn’t happen).

So yes for this particular system it is a reward for work done. It’s different to traditional demonolatry so you don’t really make an altar and put offerings and build a relationship in that sense. I don’t really see a clear way to incorporate the two systems because the sigils are not traditional goetia seals and there are shem angels around it.

1 Like

You already give gratitude and thanks in advance in the ritual, the offering is extra.

Then if you consider it’s an extra, you can cut it off

I guess I wanted to be on good terms with the spirits and keep my end of the bargain…I never thought they would leave me out in the cold though :frowning:
I really wish the author had given more info on what to do about offerings if it fails altogether.

Novices like myself have questions like this.

1 Like

You mean this Gordon? :rofl:

3 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:might as fucking well be! Gordon can make me a fucking chocolate mousse and leave the occult to real practitioners :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You know this is the problem with kids these days, they read one thing then think they know it all and that the one thing they read trumps decades of experience.

2 Likes

What do you mean? I’m one of those kids :joy:

I’m not experienced working with spirits like you are @AdamThoth so I chose to work with a system that shows me step by step how to do the ritual. You were probably new to this at some stage. You needed a roadmap. That’s all I’m doing here, following instructions because I don’t know how to do it out of my own head and I don’t want to make it up as I go along. We all have to start somewhere. I couldn’t change the ritual to include a physical offering upfront because I was following a system step by step. Experienced people know what/where they can make changes to make the system better for their own use. Novices don’t know how to do that.

The reason I was following a system is because there are lots of different opinions in the occult community, as anyone can clearly see. It’s confusing to sift through that many opinions when trying to learn something new. On the other hand different things work for different people.

One day I will be more experienced working with spirits. I have had at times fantastic results beyond my comprehension with just my intentions alone too, but not all of my intentions manifest all the time either, especially when someone’s will is working intentionally against mine. That’s why I wanted to enlist the help of spirits.

1 Like

Bune is getting my chocolate mousse that I have in the fridge, bought especially for Bune because that spirit delivered for me. Thank you Bune!

That’s all fine and dandy but don’t be going around trying to tell experienced people “how it’s done though” instead thank them for their advice, maybe even try it out before assuming it’s "not how it’s done though " or keep your mouth shut about it.

I can’t stand him!!!
Please noooo…Get him out of hereeee

1 Like

What’s wrong with Gordon? :rofl:

Why are you angry at me? It’s the last thing I expected. I wasn’t disrespectful and I wasn’t telling you how it’s done. I was just saying how I performed the ritual and I referenced the author and the book for purposes of clarity. I wouldn’t know if his system is any good or not? But I tried it. I had good results with some things but not others.

I have been grateful and/or polite to everyone here and I really appreciate all the advice. I came here for the advice and for insight. That’s why I’m here and I thank each and every person for taking the time to reply. It all helps a lot.

I know you have good experience with magick because I have read you posts from time to time. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Once again…I didn’t see a way to change the system/didn’t know you could change the system so I followed it. We are all on a path going somewhere. It’s okay to ask for help. That’s how you learn besides practice and practice and practice…

4 Likes

Drama queen chef, Nigella is more relaxing to watch

1 Like

You have a big additional benefit if you choose to watch him instead, you get to learn new words and even poems and enrich your vocabulary :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like