If magick failed...should I still give the offering promised?

I worked with the Demons of Magick book. In the ritual you show the spirit what the offering will be after you get a result. The author says even if you got a result but wasn’t exactly what you asked for, you should still do a ritual to give the offering you said you would give…

Here’s the thing: the magick completely failed and I got the exact OPPOSITE result of what I asked for. What I asked for wasn’t in any way unreasonable or unfeasible. The outcome was very important for me, ie to get the document written in my favor. I did rituals for all persons involved in this process to make sure I got a favorable result. It was to do with influencing people to get x decision in my favour. I did separate rituals with King Paimon and Prince Seere for this. I was careful to pick the right spirits for what I need. I researched them a lot.

But…the decisions that were made were completely against me. I know it’s because my enemy has been manipulating the persons involved in this situation, hence the disastrous result…but that’s what I thought magick was for, to tip the odds in our favor, not the other way. I don’t know what to think anymore. I am still learning how to work with spirits but I practiced the rituals a number of times, 10 rituals all up. So…

Did I mess up the ritual?
Do the spirits not want to help me?
Is it that the rituals from this book don’t work but other methods do?
Do I still give the offerings I promised even though the spirits didn’t deliver?
If I don’t give the offerings will they fail me in the future again?

4 Likes

Im still pretty Novice but i feel like you should give the promised offering. And maybe attempt to work with them again. Everything happens for a reason and King Paimon is very intelligent so maybe it all works out in your favor eventually.

5 Likes

I have an approach that may seem disrespectul. I never give offerings if things doesn’t happen and I refuse their help if they ask for what I deem “too much”. There was a time when a friend of mine asked me to celebrate Sol Invictus by giving offerings to Azazel and I refused by saying to him that Azazel was a bastard and deserved nothing from me. On the other hand, sometimes it has been better that what I wanted didn’t happen, in which case I thank the spirits by doing the social effort of telling people that not doing everything stupid humans say is a great feature of demons and angels alike, and also of other entities that we all love

8 Likes

It depends I guess on how you view offerings. It’s seems like your of the mind they are payment for something.
I view offerings as a gesture of good will, they are given freely with no expectation of something in return. Keeping your spirit family happy should be no different than your physical one.

Would you give your mother a rose and expect her to buy you a car? No, you give her a rose to show how appreciative you are for just having her in your life, giving you life and always being there for you even if she can’t fix all your problems.

Rituals to me are not about transactions but more about interactions if that makes any sense :slight_smile:

15 Likes

You did 10 rituals for the thing which failed?

That reads LUST FOR RESULTS from my point of view. And that may be OP’s only real problem.

5 Likes

Sometimes an entity directly provides what was asked/commanded. Other times it does a sort of cleaning, which implies the chance of seeing opposite results.
An option may also be the one described by some occultists: a working may seem to fail, but it must be repeated until success. A BALG author once wrote here that the magician should be assertive, so you’d give the offering only if you get what you want… It may be necessary either to wait, practice a divination or trust, almost deciding that the situation is corresponding to the “sort of cleaning” case :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I give out a pre-offering beforehand (a deposit, so to speak) because I think sitting down with me and talking about the case and how we will approach it is already their working time. And if the goal is met somehow I will offer the other half, which usually consists either of favours for the spirit or something out of the line. It worked really well so far.

9 Likes

No, some of them were for other things, as in completely unrelated to this situation. I meant I have used this process 10 times, so I feel I must have at least done it correctly but when you have a failed result you start to wonder if you know what I mean. The ritual is very detailed and it has a specific sequence. It took a while until I felt I learned how to do the rituals properly.

For this issue that I posted about, I petitioned King Paimon to work on two aspects and also Prince Seere to work on two related aspects. The ritual calls to write in demonic language in a short sentence what you want to have happen and stated in the present. I’m following the authors instructions.

Separately, I petitioned King Belial once for the overall big picture result.

Thanks for the reply. This ritual is similar in those aspects, but since I didn’t get the result but the opposite, I’m not sure what to do in regards to the main offering now.

I had sometimes the experience of “backward” looking results and I was in there like “Shiiiiiiiit” but in the end it turned out the be a really crooked way to get me what I needed. I experienced that some negative outcomes triggered things inside and around me that gave me the desired result with a cherry on top, so to speak. But sure, sometimes I was left on the hot chair several times. Guess they didn’t want me to feel bored while waiting or something. Lel.

2 Likes

Thanks @fapa79 Something to ponder…it’s a big situation with several aspects. Maybe the overall result will arrive in a different way.

1 Like

Yes it’s like being dragged through a fire instead of taking the gentler path to get the same thing. It has been such a battle and culminating. I definitely feel like I’m being tested.

1 Like

Friction unleashes energy. Maybe this kind of stressful energy is needed to feed the scenario that will lead to the outcome you need. Maybe its needed for you to take action on something because this will lead to success :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t, but I also don’t ask for much except for help for things they also wanted. However I will give them a small offering if I call upon them (I would also offer the same if I invited someone over). They also give me random “gifts”.

They also told me they really aren’t interested in my energy like they are with most people :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

The other rituals were for other life things, work and financial related, which I also know will take time. It wasn’t all for this tricky situation which had a deadline.

So the question was more - what to do about the offerings if Seere and Paimon didn’t help me?

(I understand the issue of lust for results but when asking for magickal help to resolve a long difficult situation it’s hard to be chill. This setback has made things worse but the overall result may still manifest differently)

Thanks @AlmightyGod, that’s why I thought I’d put the question to the community to get an idea of whether I should still fulfill my promised offering.

1 Like

Yup. A thing that may work is doing rituals for your friends and family, so you detach yourself from the results. Nothing related to a life or death situation. Once you see the results you’ll trust your magic much, much more. Other than that, I can’t really say anything.

But if those rituals didn’t work, then forget about the offerings. You offer something to show gratitude for a favor, but they didn’t deliver, so I would say to not give them the offerings. Also, @A_Pariah gave you a method that sounds solid to me, so take that into account.

2 Likes

Yes, I can see where this is building up to and it’s scary actually, because I have been trying to get resolution with the least amount of friction (very difficult to do with a difficult person). I try not to take astrology too seriously because it has been scary as of late…but with the saturn-pluto conjunction coming up, it kind of resembles my situation.

1 Like

Thanks, that made me chuckle. I’m not up to a level where I can ask questions and get answers and I also found that the ritual is very detailed and that takes up focus, so I think eventually I will get there with a lot more practice.

1 Like