I know you have been messing with The Goetia

No, I’m not a moral evangelical crusader lol. I’m referring to an event when pioneer demonologist Crowley, first joined a magical lodge, He was approached by an older member who he had never met before, who said straight up ’ Little brother you have been messing with the Goetia", words to that effect anyway.

My point is, assuming that you have been evoking (some of) the 72 Demons for some time, are you able to spot who else is practicing when you walk into a room or see them on the street etc?

If so, what are the giveaways? Alternative clothes? Pentagram necklace? Some sort of band t-shirt, dressed in black? Nose-rings or could that person look like a stodgy conformist schoolteacher also? What are the signs?

Furthermore do you know that they know you?

There may be none. It could just have been a personal intuition aimed to put Crowley in check, or the gentleman himself could feel the resonance because he also had been doing it. There are a huge array of possible answers, all of which will be individualistic, relative and variable.

2 Likes

What about you? Can you tell?

Yeah I agree with that :point_up_2: It was most likely a spot moment intuition. The trouble with that kind of psychic impression is they’re not controllable - you get them when you get them, and not usually when you want to get them.

I don’t think there are universal signs. I mean, ok wearing a sigil pendant - probably - but could also be just a fashion statement. There are more goths and emos than occultists ime.

Or, possibly someone told him, given it was in the context of group membership.

1 Like

Yeah ,lol, look at Dr Stephen Skynner for instance.

I think someone i worked with had a Goetic-sigil necklace on, i was debating whether to ask if they knew what it was.