I feel I don't get it... Power of correspondences

I’m about to create a spell for money but I feel that I don’t get how spells works because it has failed so far.
I have written my purpose in the color of green on a clean paper as green is associated with earth.
Earth is associated with materialism and therefore the money.
I have the root chakra mantra chant as I can read that earth is the element of that chakra.
I can read that the planets Venus and Saturn has the element of earth.

Doe this mean now.

Write my purpose in the color of green.
Chant the root chakra mantra, so I feel the earth.
Visualizing the energy directed into the paper with my purpose by take a deep inhaling and then exhaling the breath energy from my right hand into the paper.
Then burn the paper in the offer bowl to represents manifestation of the desire.
The ritual is done after midnight representing the element of earth and in the planetary hour of Venus or Saturn. The moon is full now.

Is that an example of how spell craft works?

3 Likes

I would think it would work.

For one spell that has worked for me, is simply a glass of water taken outside in the full moon mixed with silver and gold coins and an incantation said over the reflection of the moon in the glass.

2 Likes

Was that a money spell?

1 Like

Yes.
Nickels and pennies work fine. Clear glass of water. Catch the reflection of the full moon in the glass and say 3x:
“Lovely Lady of the Moon,
Grant to me your wealth right soon.
Fill my hands with silver and gold,
All you give, my purse can hold.”

4 Likes

Keep in mind, time, tide and cycle. Your doing this is a period or cycle of seeding or planting, a few seasons til harvest and then death. Just as our nature seasons.

Then dump the water outside and go inside with the glass, you dont need to toss the coins, however if you would do so, better symbolically to plant them outside.

As for your method and correspondences, I dont see anything wrong. Perhaps draw a symbol of earth in black on the paper as well for Saturn/Earth. Perhaps add an incantation, unless you want it to be a meditative ritual. You could also add an Ace of Pentacles, and or The World, as both are related to earth, as well as time in Assiah.

Yes, this should work.

Though, rather than the root chakra I would go with the solar plexus chakra as thats the chakra of personal power, will, and manifestation.

Draw the energy from your root up to the solar plexus before projecting it into the paper. Project into the paper until it feels right, or “ready”.

The root is more about instinct (reptilian brain).

In line with the solar plexus you may want to incorporate something of a solar nature. The color GOLD (or YELLOW).

Ultimately it’s up to you and whatever gets you that “click” that “yes, this is how I need to do it”.

5 Likes

I agree with you with the solo plexus chakra. I work on to make it a habit to active the sola plexus after activating the purpose chakra. In this case root chakra and then sola plexus chakra.

Personally i would aim the spell at what you need the money for unless you are talking about general prosperity.

Also a few things on the energies involved.
Yes earth can be used for money magick but it is generally slower to manifest then other elements in my experience, Hence why it is good for long term projects or building a foundation but if you need a quick boost in income fire is generally better for that where as water is good for increasing or establishing flows of income. Also the way these thing manifest will vary according to the energies used. With earth being the slowest but generally least volatile of the 3 if you bind down actions not wanted right. Where as fire can give quicker results but things may get hectic for a bit and water can churn up emotional situations.

The root chakra does have some elemental correspondences but is generally tied to the material live and survival. If you are gonna use it as a correspondence for a money or prosperity rite i would advise a red candle instead of a mantra. Because unless you are very familiar with what each part of the mantra is tied to you could be introducing energies that could conflict with your purpose.

For example alot of the mantras involved with the vedic gods have specific links to various planets,elements as well as aspects of the life experiences. Generally constructed based on ones vedic chart if done correctly.

Venus is good for bringing in new income, while jupiter is good for expanding what you have.

I would take saturn completely out of the the equation as it is the planet of limits generally. One of the few exceptions to this would be if for example you were doing a rite to gain a promotion then saturn and jupiter would be a great mix for this as it would be an expansion of responsibilities which saturn also governs.

5 Likes

So my purpose written with green associated with Venus, burn it with a red candle and place it in the my offer bowl in the planetary hour of Venus? I also focus on the status of the moon. It’s now full moon which should be good for money.

1 Like

This would depend on what tradition you practice.
If your talking about hermetic based systems invoking the energies directly is normally is how it is done. When i was using this method i would invoke the energies either into the circle or the specific candle or incense tied to a specific energy and them light them to start the flows of force. I use similar methods still. It is a bit more work but it helps in my case to detach from lust for results after which is often the biggest block to rites like these.

As to the planetary hour and day that would depend on your purpose if your searching for a new source of income then the day and hour of venus would be ideal, if your looking to expand existing income the day of Jupiter on the hour of venus would align kore to this goal.

The same applies to the moon it all depends on the goal. If you were casting the rite with aim of gettin a new job the new moon would be ideal, to increase existing income or advance in a current job waxing would be good. The full moon in my experience is good for harvesting for lack of a better way to put it. As well as giving a general boost to manifestation.

2 Likes

I practice no tradition. I’m eclectic.

Can’t say that i get what that means but sounds like the decision is up to you. If your gettin results more power to ya.

1 Like

Mate, the basic premise is what these correspondences mean to you, imo. Using preset ones are just fine. None of this shit is neccesary anyways.

1 Like

As i said above to each their and if your getting results more power to ya. The premise of correspondences and symbolism to objects, asana, mantra, mudra,and yantra aka assumption of godforms, chants, handsigns and sigils is to connect to specific energies varies from tradition to tradition but the general goal of connection to those energies in one form or another to fulfill a given aim remains the same.

But if using the elements of a specific tradition it is the goal understanding these connections is advisable or you could end up causing yourself headaches. I’ve been there myself in my own experimentations it isn’t pleasant when things blow up. But as i have stated to each their own.

1 Like

I would not recommend doing it in the Hour of Saturn. Rather, focus on this being related to Venus. But Jupiter tends to be better for wealth (Although Lunar Mansions can also bring wealth). So rather craft a spell related to Jupiter, and perform it in the Hour of Jupiter, and when the Moon is Waxing. That’s a very basic way to go about an Astrological spell but it will work mostly.

3 Likes

I did the ritual here in the planetary hour of Venus in the time of full moon. I have send my desire to the universe, so there is nothing more now I can do…

2 Likes

It turns out that my ritual failed. It’s frustrating. I can’t figure out if it’s my magick that are weak or it’s because I fail to direct in the right direction.

Didn’t you just do the ritual the other day?
Not sure of the specifics but if only a day or 2 has past dunno if i would say that would be an indication of failure.

If it was for say a promotion and it didn’t happen then i would look at how it was constructed and the obstacles that may be in the way.

2 Likes