I cannot believe what im posting here

Okay automotive arms and battle bots. I will see what i can learn about those then.

1 Like

@ZombieDemon9000 Battle bots is/was a tv show that pits/pitted robots against each other in battles (to the destruction aka death of some of them).

Add: there might be clips on YouTube. Thereā€™s clips of almost everything there.

Add: you can also look up the Canada arm.

1 Like

@Kish Thanks.

I know very little about this, but I am interested to see what happens with AI technology. A brain is a system that we describe as having ways of producing information in individual units and then communicating information between the individual units, with groups of the individual units forming connected functional systems, and these functional systems interact with each other if you are looking at it at that level, or you can go down to the level of individual units.

Last I heard, the neural network approach in computer science conceptually looks a lot like human cognitive and cognitive-neuroscientific (those are both individual fields) systems, but coded out with math and stuff. From what I know thereā€™s a lot of statistics involved and other relatively advanced math fields, but you also have to create all the software, and also somehow actually assemble all the resources needed to do this to a point that makes business sense to do because unless itā€™s for money or for weapons good luck ever getting that done.

Presumably brains are important for living biological organisms to have relatively complex psychological systems, considering how many different kinds of brains there are. If you can mimic the sorts of things brains do in a different medium than biology, I could see it being possible for some sort of consciousness to arise as a simple result of creating a system capable of learning and self-awareness.

I forget the names of the philosophers who would disagree with me here, but there seems to be consciousness, and I seem to exist within consciousness. Even if you are a materialist, if you agree that consciousness exists, regardless of free will or not, then consciousness is very highly correlated with brains. We at least know that a human brain can produce consciousness or at the least seems to be associated with consciousness. Iā€™m not saying that this is a hill I would die on by any means, but the possibility of a computer system replicating brain function but in computer hardware instead of biological hardware being associated with consciousness and within that consciousness there being a system which is capable of learning and is self-aware, perhaps even possesses the samsaric delusion of a self, that possibility seems reasonable to me.

Consciousness transferring? Maybe focus more on the yogas. You have to meditate or you canā€™t do it. You also have to understand what it is you are going for. Omniscience. Omnipresence. Omnipotence. You must become a living god because there is no God that will give you power unless you are one of the few who knows to seek this power.

Not only this, you have to go beyond this, into nothingness. It is from nothingness where I draw my strength. Death is a gateway into nothingness. Have you ever passed into nothingness, and then emerge once again? Sleep is not nothingness, at least that is what I gather from a sleep yoga text. This can be achieved only after a lengthy and focused period of deep spiritual work. Perhaps with extreme balance and enough time you could achieve difficult spiritual attainments while living a largely material life, but this is a limited path, if I am to be honest, when it comes to spiritual attainment. If you want these experiences, you have to do the practices. There is no other option.

This may sound exaggerated. I believe that my experiences speak very well for themselves. I am not like these people anymore, and this is apparent in the quality of my mental experience and my material life. If you think ā€œomnipotenceā€ is a meme, that is your loss. We live in the gross material world, so itā€™s not as immediate, but if you have not experienced many magickal results, then I can see how this would be challenging to grasp. You also have to realize that magick is a skill, many skills really, and knowing how to ask for results makes a big difference.

What, you never done baneful magick before? You know, I bet there are some people out there who keep track of all the different people they have cursed. This is not financial advice, donā€™t sue me.

Gotta think real carefully about giving the complex computer systems the Corruption power. Increase. Increase. Increase. Why donā€™t yah just keep jamming the Prosperity button there my computer dude. What a great product!

Like I said, the Annabell doll has itā€™s naysayers. :woman_shrugging: The story itself, whether true or not, is exemplary for how object hauntings look, as it has all the features you see in other haunted object cases. That was the point.

The story is a basic that everyone interested in the paranormal tends to know about, so itā€™s worth being aware of simply on that score.

I didnā€™t actually say if I believe it or not, if you notice :slight_smile: I havenā€™t made up my mind, and itā€™s a thing Iā€™d like to visit some day, at that point Iā€™d make up my mind based on what I personally could sense.

@ZombieDemon9000 re robots and AI and Sophia. Thereā€™s been conversations on here about this type of lifelike robot getting possessed as well. If you search those terms it should come up.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a tad dry to listen to at times, but this podcast by the Dark Journalist includes within it a discussion of AI tech and psychic powers. Apparently theyā€™re attempting to build AI robots with psychic ability, which seems doable, as thereā€™s a lot of data in brainwaves, but again, the question is how the computer processes the information.

Paused at the start of the AI portion, but after the mention of self driving cars etc.

The topic is Rudolph Steinerā€™s warning of tech used to bring in an Ahrimanic destruction.
Caveat: Steiner was connected to certain political figures I canā€™t go into (per forum rules) that means you canā€™t automatically call him a ā€œgood guyā€ and trust his ideas without thought. Iā€™d say collect all the info first and then analyse the patterns to make up your own mind.

1 Like

@Mulberry Psychic robots?! I hope that becomes reality in the future and i also hope a future version of Neuralink will connect us to them.

Can it really be possible for technology to have,copy,or even somewhat imitate psychic power?

Well i bet whoever makes that real must be a genius,robot builder,scientist,and a magick user all at the same time. Using his or her magickal knowledge and scientific knowledge together in order to create these psychic AI robots.

Yes YouTube seems to have clips or something from Battle Bots. Im not sure if im interested in what i seen yet but i might eventually actually watch some of that. @Kish

I hope not, that would be terryfing

1 Like

Humans as we understand them in the 21st century are aberrations from the natural order, born of aberrations of philosophy, some dating back several millennia. Given this disconnect from nature, youā€™ll find a greater degree of difficulty in animating a robot than you would animating a corpse with magick(which isnā€™t to say I believe you could).

Even a corpse gone cold would have a memory of how they once moved, how they once interacted with reality. The robot would only have whatever essence and physis has been given to it by aforementioned aberrations.

1 Like

@MagickVigilante I mean i guess a TERMINATOR type of situation could come from that but probably not because wouldnā€™t we still be more powerful than them?

Especially with us having a Neuralink type of connection to them because we would have access to their artificial version of psychic power on top of our own natural magick. the machines would know if they terminate us,it would only trigger the uploading of us into digital immortality.

Knowing they are stuck with us no matter what they do,the psychic terminators wouldnā€™t see any reason to start a machine war.

So how would it be terrifying?

Okay maybe the psychic AI could use that wireless brain connection against us in the form of mind control and that would be terrifying although we would probably see it coming and prevent it thanks to having access to every thought in their artificial heads.

While we are partially on the topic of technology,i would like to know your thoughts on a little something else.

Okay so everything is made of something right? No matter if its atoms,other particles,or even magickal energy at the smallest level. Is there really a SMALLEST level though? No matter how small you are,you can always visualize something smaller than yourself right? If you soul travelled in the size of a single atom then you can probably visualize and therefore create something smaller than that. SO MAYBE PHYSICAL SIZE IS JUST A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE AND SUBJECTIVE meaning there is no limit to how small something can be.

Imagine we create self aware nano-machines that build smaller nano-machines that build even smaller nano-machines and so on even to the point when every future generation of nano-machines can only be made as advanced energy constructs just to keep getting smaller.

Well eventually all these self aware infinitely small nano-machines both physical and otherwise reproduce so much that they completely transform the whole UNIVERSE into a giant eternally self upgrading computer.

Also if my theory is correct that there is no limit to how small something can be and size is just a matter of perspective,well wouldnā€™t that mean our bodies along with everything else technically contains infinite space for infinitely small things? Like going by this logic we can have infinite body mass while staying the same size on the outsideā€¦well unless that turns us all into black holes.

I would disagree here. Everything is already connected up properly on the robot, so you wouldnā€™t have to use all that energy making the connections, all you have to do is change how they behave.

Anyway, read up on robot police dogs if you want to be creeped out.

1 Like

@Jastiv Maybe but the behavior of the robot comes from and is controlled by programming.

Even if the robot is built to move like us,how can any spirit possessing it manipulate the programming to control what the robot host does?

Who doesnā€™t want to be Galen from Crusade with a cool staff and spaceship?

Techno-mages are kick ass.
galen2

Hmm tying a spirit to a robot might not be possible, I wouldnā€™t know but I do recall golem magick being a thing. You could look into that. I donā€™t believe an actual soul was used but it is an example of an inanimate object being given limited autonomy and sentience.

1 Like

@Crown If when you say Galen,you mean the main character of Force Unleashed,yes that would be awesome but probably also suck because your power would be limited by the number of midichlorians you are born with. I would rather be reincarnated into a body made of wirelessly connected nano-machines. But keep all my memories in my next life as an Internet of nano-machines.

No. From the Sci fi show Babylon 5 spinoff series called Crusade.

As basically an Internet of nano-machines,your mind is the glue which keeps the nano-machines connected.