Hypnosis 1: An Overview of How It Applies to Sorcery (Tutorial)

So now that I got some introduction out of the way, I’m gonna get to the topic of hypnosis as a magickal framework. Now, for some of you guys, the application of hypnosis in terms of sorcery may seem pretty obvious. However, due to the fact that I have rarely seen hypnosis mentioned to any definitive extent in books on the matter of primordial power, then I am going to start with how the mechanism of hypnosis works, and why it is a very useful tool if used skillfully.

Before getting into hypnosis directly, it may help to start with refreshing certain aspects of magickal practice itself. Magick, as it stands, is a way of directly influencing, changing, and manipulating the experience of reality according to the desire of the practitioner. As such, the magician goes through a series of processes to change their personal framework to reality, whether that is to strengthen properties that will aid in this ability for change, or weaken/destroy properties that resist the fruition of that ability. The methods are probably as numerous as the sands of the Earth, but in a general sense this is what you try to do as a magician.

As a magician, the process of practice tends to center around one thing: the function of the mind. The reason for this is pretty simple: The engine we use to experience and validate our reality is based on the mind. The sensory tools that we have basically work within the framework of what our minds have set up for us to experience. So no matter what you feel, taste, hear, smell, or see, the framework for that experience is based on the mind itself. So the idea is that if a person can change and control their mind, they can control their entire reality. No matter what culture you are coming from, and no matter how many deities, spirits, elementals, celestial alignments, and so on are used, the goal at the end of the day is to change the reality by changing yourself, and the deeper you are able to change yourself, the more substantial your power of control grows. If you aren’t changing, nothing’s gonna help you out.

As such, the process for doing this often involves two functions of the mind: the “conscious” and “subconscious” functions. I call them functions because, in honesty, they are facets of the mind rather than “separate” minds themselves. The conscious mind is what people normally utilize in the day to experience reality; it is what we use to operate within a particular reality construct. As such, it’s primary job is to organize and arrange the data we experience into a framework of experience that corresponds to what we have come to understand about a particular reality system. It’s the reason we experience green as green, sugar as sweet, poop as stinky, and titties as awesome (come on, I had to throw in something goofy). If it weren’t for the conscious mind’s filtration abilities, we would literally have so much data experience that we could probably not even walk.

The subconscious, however, is different in that it houses all the data information we have in our personal Matrix. When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING… it’s not just the data that you gain from normative, sensory experience. The subconscious holds the information of what is going on in the trillions of cells and their trillions of organelles, the molecular structure of this, and even the available energy that is housed in each of the atoms. The subconscious is labelled as such because everything about us that is not “necessary” for the conscious mind the validate a reality experience is still stored in the subconscious. So all our normally automatic body responses, which require billions of parallel processes in every moment of the day, are regulated by the subconscious. In fact, the subconscious mind is the true DOER of the mind, but the conscious mind directs what the subconscious gets to do.

As the subconscious is the storehouse of information, it is really where we learn and make changes. The conscious mind, on the other hand, filters out things that violate certain parameters that it has been taught to prioritize. As such, if a person wants to make a change in your life, the conscious mind can be an obstacle in that sense if that change is contrary to what the conscious mind has been taught to prioritize. If you want to exercise for an hour a day, but your conscious mind has been taught to prioritize watching TV, then it is not likely that you will make the change necessary to start exercising. The conscious mind knows that the subconscious will accept and learn any new behavior that is delivered to it. As a filter, which is primarily there to help you, it will block out things that violate the homeostasis of your reality. The issue, obviously, is that when you want to make a change that is beneficial, it will block that out, too, if the change is too dynamic.

As a magician, you are asking yourself to enter realms of experience that are completely foreign to this priority base of the conscious mind. Whereas exercising is still something that fits into a general base of “real” for the conscious mind, being able to make money at command is not. Hence, you can’t just say, as a beginner or even experienced magician, “I want $1000” and it just appear. To even exercise the power to consistently bring something like money to you through less “fantastical” means, the magician needs to be able to bypass the critical factors of the conscious mind and enlist the subconscious mind to learn a new way of orientation. If that is able to happen, then the subconscious goes to work changing you at whatever level necessary to create the change you want. This is not just in relation to your body, but it changes the way you interact with reality as a whole. Your ability to amass primordial energy, control “outside” forces… this is based on a relationship between subconscious and conscious mind facilities.

The thing is that while the subconscious mind is not the filter, it houses the priorities the filter has. Hence, if you are able to bypass the conscious filters that presently exist, you can reprogram the subconscious mind to deliver an experience to you that the conscious mind would not accept otherwise. This is the goal of most meditative practices, whether they try to utilize only the mind, or whether they use a caveat like the breath to focus on. Either way, the goal here with the techniques utilized in magic is based on bypassing critical factors and enlisting you subconscious mind to do what you want it to do.

As magicians are interested in the control of the mind and bypassing, and in fact reprogramming, the critical factors of the conscious mind, meditative practices have been a go-to for magicians. There is a conflict, however, with many of these techniques. When you meditate, you want to calm the conscious mind so that you can get to the subconscious mind. The problem is, you have to enlist you conscious mind to perform the technique in the first place, at least as a beginner. As such, it can be increasingly difficult to try and put the conscious mind to rest when you are using the conscious mind to put the conscious mind to rest!! Moreover, in meditation, you want to remain “awake”, that is you want to remain aware of the experience. This, again, is a violation of most conscious parameters, where the conscious mind can be asleep but the person still be possessed of waking awareness.

This is not to say that meditation does not work, if it didn’t then no one would ever succeed. Rather, it points out that there are conflicts here that present issues that almost certainly take a lot of time, effort, and energy to resolve. With this can also come periods of inconsistent practice, frustration, lack of trust in the process, and difficulty in navigation This is not to say that one should be willing to put this type of work in, nor does it say that one should run at the first sight of seeming conflict. However, in the spirit of evolution, if there are methods that can be utilized that are more efficient, are better control, and resolve the issues previous methods, then they should be used.

In my experience, hypnosis is one of those tools. It certainly isn’t the only tool, but hypnosis addresses 4 things that a magician wants to do:

1. Bypasses critical factors of the conscious mind by entering deep states of conscious

2. Delivers commands the the subconscious mind so as to reprogram it for new experience

3. Reaffirms the changes to the conscious mind when it perceives the changes made as real.

4. Grants the practitioner at-will command of their states of being, powers, and abilities through triggers

What I am saying he can apply to hallucinations, but what I am talking about here is making changes that are extremely tangible: completely changed physique, at-command control of voluntary and involuntary body functions, the ability to transform mundane activities (i.e. walking, taking a shower, eating) into opportunities for power (i.e. gather energy, clearing and strengthening meridians, trigger to reinforce a command for empowerment)… there really isn’t a thing I have tried in either the physical or spiritual realm that hasn’t worked beyond the degree I thought it would. Moreover, even in the work of instigating illusions, these illusions can have some really, REALLY tangible effects that can be experienced by others.

To end this off, I would just like to highlight something about the practice of hypnosis in cultures other than Western. The practice of hypnosis has roots in both the Chinese Orient as well and India. They referred to hypnosis as mesmerism, but while they used to word method that is commonly used in the West, they also trained in various forms of primordial practice in order to create illusions that weren’t based on worded induction. As such, many mesmerists were able to perform illusions in front of thousands that were constructed purely by their ability to manipulate forces around them. So for them, being a hypnotist was intrinsically tied to an ability to manipulate the experience of reality to at least some degree.

So this will be it for this post. Now, just to point out, the information I am placing here is not going to be designed with the idea of hypnotizing others. While you might possibly learn to do this through it, the focus is only a person learning to hypnotize themselves. If you want to learn how to be a hypnotist with the focus on instigating primordial empowerment, then I can share the resources I learned from. However, if you are more interested in hypnosis for having greater social influence, it’s much, MUCH easier to use it on yourself to create a permanent field of influence that you command simply through your own will. So that’s the focus here, to use hypnosis on yourself to achieve magickal ends.

The next post will be based on who would benefit from hypnosis, and for whom hypnosis might be a deterrent rather than a help. Realize, even though I got experience to back these things up, they are still relative to me and what I perceive. This is not an attempt at a universal manual for hypnosis use. So if something sounds off, feel free to ask questions. But dick comments about what you “know” is real… you can post them of you want but that’ll be your time spent, not mine. If no one finds the stuff useful, or if there is a general consensus that this information is counterproductive, I will desist simply because it’s not something that this forum wants. I highly doubt that, but considering that this method is somewhat dissimilar to what is talked about here (doesn’t really cater to rituals or ritual items, working with ancient power forms or deities, ancestors, special times, etc.,), I don’t want to fill the forum with something that is of no interest to you all.

So yea, I will be posting again soon.

4 Likes

Interesting. This is pretty much established stuff within the realme of self-hypnosis, affirmations & Afformations, subliminal programming, and primarily the book PsychoCybernetics, which says that the conscious mind filters reality, and this filtered intake then programs the subconscious (which the author likens to a servo-mechanism, designed to keep reality stable) to tell it what further experiences to deliver.

All those things work, to greater and lesser degrees with individual people depending on various factors, but I’ve seen results with them myself.

The author of that book advocates the use of creative imagination to open the subconscious to new experiences so that it can begin to generate them in reality, which, again, I have found can create changes in reality that are nigh-on miraculous - for a flashy example, working together, me and my partner actually changed the past, though I don’t expect anyone to take my word for that - but, I believe it, as I believe that I’m sitting here typing this, and so does he, so whatever.

Which is a long-winded but I hope validating and contextualising way of saying that we’ve experienced the use of conscious programming of one’s subconscious as a method to cause “Change to occur in conformity with Will” - making it IMO as legitimately “magickal” as summoning up an ancient Middle Eastern demons from some dusty old grimoire. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. This is pretty much established stuff within the realme of self-hypnosis, affirmations & Afformations, subliminal programming, and primarily the book PsychoCybernetics, which says that the conscious mind filters reality, and this filtered intake then programs the subconscious (which the author likens to a servo-mechanism, designed to keep reality stable) to tell it what further experiences to deliver.

All those things work, to greater and lesser degrees with individual people depending on various factors, but I’ve seen results with them myself.

The author of that book advocates the use of creative imagination to open the subconscious to new experiences so that it can begin to generate them in reality, which, again, I have found can create changes in reality that are nigh-on miraculous - for a flashy example, working together, me and my partner actually changed the past, though I don’t expect anyone to take my word for that - but, I believe it, as I believe that I’m sitting here typing this, and so does he, so whatever.

Which is a long-winded but I hope validating and contextualising way of saying that we’ve experienced the use of conscious programming of one’s subconscious as a method to cause “Change to occur in conformity with Will” - making it IMO as legitimately “magickal” as summoning up an ancient Middle Eastern demons from some dusty old grimoire. :)[/quote]

Yea the miraculous nature is somewhat of a standard now, to the point where I abandoned questioning it a long time ago. I try to keep from giving too many examples of what I have experienced simply because I do value silence when it comes to achievements. But I will have to give at least some, so I will try to keep it to the “least fantastical” of them.

I think my favorite thing was when I started reprogramming body movements. I’m not talking about movements that are normally considered “exercise”, but things like tying shoes, writing with a pen, etc.,. When I started transforming regular activities into automatic empowerment activities… the game was pretty much a wrap.

I guess the only worried is whether or not things would eventually get boring, which at this point is just not happening lol. In the past 6 months, I have found over $6000 on the ground. This is on top of my normative income as a freelance hypnosis/hypnotist script writer. After the first 2 Gs I thought, “wouldn’t it be crazy if there was a drug dealer losing their money in the neighborhood?” Then I went out of state for 2 weeks, and found $2500 and said, “Well this guy must have an interest in giving me money because he hopped all the way to Vermont just to get it to me!”

So yea, I’ll be talking about those things. It has been a pretty good journey, as I had to do a decent amount to get it working the way I wanted it to. I had to get myself in good health: detoxing thoroughly was all the difference. So that’s gonna be after I make the post on Who is Hypnosis For vs Who Is It Not For, because body preparation was really important for me and I know others who didn’t get anywhere with it until they started to make a consistent effort to improve their body.

I just thought i would throw this little tidbit in here because I saw Mesmerism mentioned and wanted to share the origins of the word.

The word Mesmerism is named after a man by the name of Franz Mesmer a german Doctor who using the invention of Benjamen Franklin the Glass Armonica to heal with sounds. The sounds would lull people into an altered state of consciousness which was later referred to as being mesmerized.

Although Franklin met with Mezmer and tried his method and claimed it had no effect. The fact remains that the elements of hypnosis, suggestion, and placebo, could be responsible for the fact that masses of people claimed to have been healed by his methods.

It could be that Franklin an occultist and scientist himself was feeling a bit salty that Mesmer was having such success with his invention and he had not thought of using it in such a way first.

1 Like

[quote=“AdamThoth, post:4, topic:7293”]I just thought i would throw this little tidbit in here because I saw Mesmerism mentioned and wanted to share the origins of the word.

The word Mesmerism is named after a man by the name of Franz Mesmer a german Doctor who using the invention of Benjamen Franklin the Glass Armonica to heal with sounds. The sounds would lull people into an altered state of consciousness which was later referred to as being mesmerized.

Although Franklin met with Mezmer and tried his method and claimed it had no effect. The fact remains that the elements of hypnosis, suggestion, and placebo, could be responsible for the fact that masses of people claimed to have been healed by his methods.

It could be that Franklin an occultist and scientist himself was feeling a bit salty that Mesmer was having such success with his invention and he had not thought of using it in such a way first.[/quote]

Yea, I know that origin but thanks for putting it there because I might’ve made it sound like I was saying the word was Eastern in origin. The Actually Indian practice is called “Maya”, which alludes to the ability to weave illusions and manipulate perception with pranic control. The colloquial use of mesmerism alludes to the same thing, so I decided to use a word that is more available to most people’s vocabulary.

Right on.

Old topic I know but if you want to learn how to do proper mesmerism look up a bloke by the name of rick collingwood. He has a wealth of knowledge on the topic.