How to store magickal items?

How to store magickal items? So they don’t absorb other energy? They are on my alter but I’m not using them all the time.

1 Like

Tarot decks are often wrapped in black fabric.

If I want no magickal energy to escape, I’ll use a metal box. A biscuit or tea tin is fine.

A wooden box is nice and you have more options there for premade decorative ones.

5 Likes

That’s what I thought! I might get a big box. I got two wands and other stuff. Thanks so much

1 Like

According to franz Bardon I think it was these things should be wrapped in a silk cloth. Silk acts as a deadener for other vibrations. I wrap my tarot decks in silk usually. My tools I leave on the altar.

1 Like

I have a friend that works with chainmail and I asked him to make several pouches of various sizes that close with a flap and clasp out of copper rings lined with silk for various tools and tarot decks.
Kind of like mini faraday cages. Really effective.

3 Likes

Very interesting

depends what kind of items :slight_smile: i usually leave all my sigils and tools haphazardly on the altar and have never had a problem. even when i have spaces on my altar for multiple spirits or intentions.

for sigils i’ve heard some like to wrap them in black cloth or place them face-down somewhere out of sight. again though, i’ve had a thoroughly blood-smeared sigil of Belial out for the better part of a year on my altar and it’s never caused any problems, even when i leave out offerings to other spirits, light a candle or incense for then, and so on. plus housing for a spirit familiar and two spell jars. no problems for me at all.

2 Likes

There are metal, even at least aluminum, lockboxes that look like books. For larger items, store in a prayer closet or private closet.
Also most alters are built with a storage compartment inside. Or get a footlocker chest.

1 Like

Meanwhile I am over here digging under piles of assorted stuff looking for my tarot deck and athame, usually finding it under a pile of incense boxes and tubes of paint. And they still work just fine lol

3 Likes

Awesome Fuego thanks!

1 Like

That’s pretty cool Veil Thanks

1 Like

I like the idea Nezuh of a small mail chain purse for my tarot decks

1 Like

What effect does carrying sigils on your person all the time have? These are for tasks that are pending/ongoing.

P.S. I’m also working with Some of these Spirits on an ongoing basis. About learning etc.

I’m sure others would give different answers but imo it kind of depends on your intent and your awareness.

I realised not long ago that I’d been carrying a small, slightly bloodied Belial seal folded up in my purse for a good six months or more. I was wryly happy to think I’d been running around spreading a bit of his energy everywhere I went, but since I’d forgotten the seal was even in my purse, there was no intent behind it and so nothing I can noticeably trace to its presence in particular… If that makes sense :slight_smile:

Whereas others I leave in particular places with particular intent, like the seal of Bael on my office desk at work, to make people leave me alone and not micromanage me. Works a treat