I have a Shaman friend from the Yukon area I stayed with while I was homeless (adopted by Americans but raised by Innuit tribe).
She and I had a heart to heart talk one evening. She told me she had a vision or awareness (perhaps through spirit guides or ancestors or the Great Spirit), that I have a dark entity attached to me.
As Isis collected the fragments of Osiris, how do I collect fragments of this spirit and I - while not merging with a demon (or ghost of a suicide or OD from when I worked mortuary transport) - or here now in a nursing home? How do I defrag the two of us, while not putting myself into a state of peril, or being trapped with the other spirit?
I’ve only had a few OOB experiences in my life.
I have, with a folk magic friend, defraggde my own spirit before, by going to a tombs and morgue.
With a butterfly net, collecting parts of myself and inhaling or consuming those lost parts of myself.
I don’t want to put myself in further danger.
And I don’t want this spirit in agony any longer either.
It sounds intelligent, aware of you and what you do, and it’s verbal -
So it is already offering that it wants to come home, and all it needs is to be welcomed.
If you are hesitating because you don’t trust that it is what it claims to be, that is very wise and reasonable. A conversation between you should sort that out.
My method for reaching it would be to journey to it in the astral.
One way of doing that is described in Josephine McCarthy’s book called The Exorcists Handbook. You can do this with anyone else as well as yourself… notice the the energy point at the base of the skull is a entry way into your psyche. See it as a door to a mansion.
In vision, use the symbology of the door to the mansion to enter you “house” - this is your psyche. Go into the house and notice it’s halls and rooms - move through exploring until you find the beings. Notice how it looks to you. It may be a child and look like you at the age that it split from you, it may look like an animal representing an aspect of you.
McCarthy as an exorcist is using this to find and remove entities buried deeply inside the psyche - your inner emotional-mental landscape, but instead of removing it, you can just have a conversion and ask it to come home - take it by the hand and make it feel safe and welcome, and it will do the rest.
I tried an experiment, stepped outside myself in my mind via visualization. I turn while visualizing and looking at my notes, turned to each direction and invoking the triangles of the four directions.
As my life is turbulent and I am usually invoking the Air element LRP (Invoking the Four Powers of Air) and using the invoking GRH for Luna, I used Invoking the Four Powers of Earth, and invoked GRH Saturn.
So, swelling stabilization through these three rituals I stepped out and inside my head and it is vast. Is there a tomb somewhere in the mind?
Before I found left-hand-path , I had a recurring problem at night. Shadows tormented me, paralyzed me; I heard voices tugging at my sheets. They said the darkness was calling me. I fought it every night it happened. Then I began to hear a voice, not at night, but during the day, telling me I shouldn’t fight it, that it was part of me. I decided to stop fighting. That night, when they started pulling at my sheets, I simply let myself go. They took me under my bed. It was a spirit; it was me. It looked exactly like me, only paler. Then we spoke. He told me I had to find the darkness and accept that it was part of me, of myself.
I will definitely try all suggestions. Shamanic journeying and conversing do seem to be the best solution all around.
As far as Core Shamanism goes, so far I have been to the Lower World, and greeted by a white Stag. As far as I know of Native American symbolism is that white animals are sacred.
I’ve approached deer (brown female and young mostly) before offline back in the 90s when real estate developers didn’t continue creating new loft buildings and strip malls everywhere.
I’ve also encountered (at a house-sitting I did for some friends once), a white Owl.
Again, thank you for the answers so far, I will update the thread as it progresses.