How to smoke mugwort?

I saw someone had ordered Mugwart, and read a place or two on the forums about wanting to smoke the herb.

What is the best way to? I have heard it can cause organ damage, but I want to try this once.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I just put it in a pipe and smoke it.

6 Likes

Literally this though. I own some, produces a nice thick, heavy smoke.

1 Like

Thanks, is there anything special that I need to prepare it with?

I vaped mugwort for a while, until my body started to reject it and it made me feel like I was going to throw up lol.

3 Likes

Roll a blunt! That’s what I did. It doesn’t get you high, but you’ll feel “light” in a way best way I can explain it

1 Like

What are you trying to achieve with it

1 Like

I just wanted to try it, if it’s not horrible, maybe use it for lucid dreaming

Its very dry usually if you don’t get it fresh, so I mix it with pipe tobacco to smoke it. Or roll a cigarette with cigarette tobacco.

If you try a tea with it have plenty of honey on hand and use less leaf than you think you need. Its very bitter and astringent.

2 Likes

Thank you, I put it in a filtered tipped cigarette roll, wasn’t bad, took some effort to get it in there though

1 Like

Try taking it and rubbing it out between your palms next time. It gives it a soft flossy texture.

1 Like

I had to be That Guy:

2 Likes

Ohhhhh! Growing it already and planting it in the spring! Going to try this!

1 Like

Its not horrible. Its never given me lucid dreams or anything but I’ve only ever smoked it. I feel like if you are using for lucid dreams or ap you should use it as a tea. That or smoke a lot of it.

1 Like

I personally wasn’t sure. I read somewhere that it’s not typically used in tea, but I can’t see how it would hurt to mix it in

I put some in red wine, and let it sit for a moon cycle (Celtic magic). It tasted bad. Even cheap American absinthe is better for divination, as far as alcohol goes.

1 Like

When I was researching it before i bought it, I read of 3 ways to use it for ap/lucid dreaming. Smoke it (which is my experience with it… I think ive drunk it as a tea on one occasion), drink it, or put it under my pillow before sleep.

Ive smoked it on multiple occasions. When I first experimented with it I smoked it out of a bong. It made me take a nice nap. It has a very herbal flavor and a full thick smoke. If I use it at all now-adays I use it as a sleep aid. In fact, thanks to this thread I think I’ll use it tonight to help put me out for my early wake-up.

2 Likes

I do think it has a lot of potential. If someone else owns any and has any ideas for rituals or ways to use it for magick im all ears… and more than prepared to test.

1 Like

If your looking for something to mix with alcohol I’d suggest blue lotus petals. I know egyptians would steep the leaves in alcohol to provide it with a mild psychedelic effect. My experience with it begins and ends with weed. At first I owned an extract which would not mix well with water so I could not test its synergy with alcohol, but did test it with marijuana.

It provides a nice heady “indica” sort of feel when mixed with herb. It is known as a mild psychedelic. I know have raw leaves and also a powder… both which should probably mix well with water/alcohol, but of course I have not tryed.

1 Like

My brother keeps telling me I need to try a good indica for my panic attacks. Blue lotus petals? Really? I’ve never looked into that at all? I’m on keto right now so would it mix well with vodka???