i was just curious because tonight i changed the way that i do my usual weekend ritual for the week ahead. i’m not sure if it will have any impact or affect how it manifests and i’m a bit nervous about it. so i was just curious as to whether any of you regularly change up your routines or whether you stick to the ones that you’ve created. have you noticed any difference in outcome, have they been more successful, or less?
I can’t really tell you unfortunately, since I have literally no routine to begin with in magic, so far at the time of writing this at least. I do a ritual based on what are my current needs and I experiment new methods and domains of magic and that’s about it.
Daily banishing would be an exception perhaps? For that, I kind of do the same method always since as the saying goes, if it’s not broken don’t fix it. It works fine for me so I see no reason to tweak it, but as for the rest I rarely do the same rituals in a row unless i’m doing a course (i.e a book of daily practices).
Though experimenting isn’t a bad thing if it brings you better results, all it takes is trial-and-error anyway, if it works better, cool, you found a better way for yourself to do it. If it didn’t work, that’s fine, we already had a method that worked before and we can revert back to it.
What may impede your results isn’t the fact you change it up, but that you are nervous about it:
Trust it will work and trust in your intent, because doubt is a very big killer of magic and killer of results. It doesn’t mean pretend it worked if it didn’t in the end (there may be a reason if it didn’t work as intended), but because if you think it won’t work then you actively put forth the intent that it will not work and ironically get what you think you will get. Withhold the nervousness until it’s done and then you’ll see if it worked or not. ![]()
Good luck for your experimentations!
I keep what works, and I find, the more times you do the same ritual, the same way, the better it works.
Every time I do a poppet, for example, it’s more familiar it gets, the more I can feel into the subtler energies and the more I can mobilize energy for the outcome. Every time I call the same entity the relationship deepens. It’s analogous to “greasing the groove” - practice makes perfect.
So I advise to not switch up rituals if you have no strong reason to do so. Try new things by all means, but once you have a good tool that works, keep it in your toolbox - it’s not like it will rust. ![]()
Its like trying to learn an instrument, the more you familiarise yourself with an instrument or ritual in this case, the easier it gets and the more you master how it works