How does one evoke?

You see, I’ve practiced magick for about three years now.
I don’t remember who, but some people claimed that evocation isn’t for beginners.
However, I feel that I’m now ready to try it out.
Does anyone know any good books or have any advice on how to do it?
Thanks in advanced. :slightly_smiling_face:

Demons of Magick by Gordon WInterfield. It is, in my opinion, one of the best modern Goetia grimoires in print today. The three evocation methods are modern updates, and don’t require any materials beyond a candle for the first ritual.

Use the search function as there are many threads dedicated to this topic.

6 Likes

If you want to learn evocation, and I mean really learn evocation, I highly recommend EA Koetting’s book Evoking Eternity. It is the most comprehensive manual I’ve ever seen. It covers every permutation of the art you can think of.

7 Likes

I hold true an insight I got a few time ago (not really mine, hinted by some authors) about letting ritual words and actions be automatic or almost so. Maybe this happens after having read/watched various summoning procedures and conjurations, tried possession with 1-2 spirits… so that a feel for it takes place.

2 Likes

Here’s some good info that’s beginner friendly.

3 Likes

Who are those people that claimed that? If you cannot remember who they are, and what sort of authority the claim to have - disregard them. Since you have practiced for a few years, your experience trumps the opinions of whoever it is that you have forgotten.

2 Likes