How do you reach Trance?

Hey magicians n witches n sorcerers n friends…
I’m interested to know bout your techniques reaching trance during meditation… do you go there easily? I think it differs from one to another, each of us reaches there based on different technique, if you drop yours it will be of use since I’m finding difficulties, sounds like I just can’t silent an inner dialogue by my end concerning the deities I’m trynna work with, so I want to try to shut my mind completely and master trance simply. Trance, transcendence, … any ideas?
Darkest regards.
Hope y’all are progressing in your own paths.

2 Likes

That’s something people talk about a lot here, but it tends to be that once people have posted in detail, they don’t repost the same thing… so, try this search (button at top right):

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/search?q=meditation%20tutorial

Also try keywords like trance - I did that in the Tutorials Directory thread and got this:

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/unofficial-forum-tutorials-directory-beginners-check-this-out/50270/9

The forum is chock full of ideas. Try a few things out, then get into daily practice with whatever feels like is working the best.

Personally, I use shamanic drumming.

4 Likes

I see that both the tutorials by darkestknight and the search suggestion are going to help me, You’ve just gave me the beginning of a thread so thank you Mulberry!

3 Likes

if you’re having difficulty quieting the mind while sitting in meditation, you can’t sit still or your constantly adjusting and scratching phantom itches etc, i would advice walking the perimeter of your backyard or weaving in between a few trees making a figure 8.

don’t focus on going inwards that will give your inner dialogue more attention and make it stronger but instead put all your focus on your physical movement and the sound of the drum or rattle, its advisable to be looking down at your feet while doing this. when thoughts come up don’t force them away but instead bring your attention back to your physical movement and the sound of the drum or rattle. get ready to exercise and get sweaty!

when you’ve achieved trance using this method, it might happen fast or it might take several times. still don’t close your eyes and go inwards but instead have a hole dug into the ground with candles surrounding it (do this before) and look into that and see it as a deep well (candles are far enough away from hole to cast shadow inside it, but illuminates the outside). perhaps drop a stone into the well, and “follow it down” with your vision.

if you start having experiences in your physical movement of taking animal shapes, (not inwardly, has to be outwardly) while your weaving around the trees or walking the perimeter of your property then look up and research ecstatic body postures. Felicitas D. Goodman has done a huge amount of research on this specific topic. i’m betting this will open up a whole new pantheon of spirits that most here haven’t heard of. thats not to say you shouldn’t explore this for yourself first before reading about it.

these methods are taught within yoga as well, except instead of using a instrument like a drum or rattle they use rhythmic breathing and focusing on the physical experience of the muscles stretching to move past inner dialogue. the journey is through prana moving, opening all the chakra points.

4 Likes

At least one time, when trying telekinesis on an object, I spontaneously reached an intense trance; maybe this also happened when I concentrated on a desired situation. Other ways may be deep and rythmical breathing followed by mental void, closing eyes and imagine to descend flights of stairs, or the wall/ceiling angle method by E. A.

2 Likes

Interesting! I haven’t heard of this method, I do do walking meditation but next time I do it I will apply the instructions you mentioned,
Thank you for this treat definitely interesting, some times when I walk while concentrating my feet get heavy and a feeling of a wolf roaming comes to me… now this makes sense.

I see… may I ask for how long does your trance state stay? And can you consciously linger it or is it like flashes?
I know all is possible through practice but I’m asking since it happens kinda effortlessly to you,…

Trance for me typically lasts some minutes and flashes, because I’m a bit hasty in my practices. I’d have to concentrate particularly on that, a trance training…
On one occasion i did a series of invocations and while I was attending a Tai Chi lesson I experienced an alteration of consciousness, indeed a lingering of trance is good since sometimes (according to necessity) Theta brainwaves once reached should be maintained in order to enter Gamma, and possibly progress further.

2 Likes

when you feel the presence of the wolf, invite it to walk behind you. after awhile you might start “seeing” hints of it, or feeling yourself move like it; perhaps you’ll see a wolf face like a shadow appear or your feet or hands might take the shape of wolfs feet for a instant because you mentioned feeling it in your feet, i’ve had many experiences of feeling my aura shift into the animal shape, but thats always been after working with the animal for a long period of time. often times when you first start this, the animal will want you to walk with it for awhile before it starts showing itself, as i said in the first post you will get exhausted doing this.

several hours most the time, sometimes the whole day if i have a significant experience. most of the time the animal will “give you it’s power” for a duration of time. learning to use that power is part of the experience, or place it into a talisment for further work. the animal i work with most usually gives me the power of scrying and journeying, so after the walk which can take over an hour most of the time i use a body posture for journeying to end the ritual.

2 Likes

First of all, your name is truly beautiful and inspiring! Second for a trance are excellent simple mantras or if elaborate just take out some of the sounds and repeat again and again. At some moment it’s activated

1 Like

Your experience worths exploring، and it got me thinking… first thing came to my mind that when I put enough work on this exercise and ritual I kinda expect what powers could be channeled to me (which is so exciting… I mean having the power of the animal) but still, I want to keep it to unfold to me on its own form and force.
I thank u again for sharing your thoughts.

First Rav dear thank you, again :wink: you’ve told me u liked my name in a previous post :metal:t3::black_heart:… can I use deities’ Enns rather than mantras? I guess they are actually mantras… I so want to activate it com’On already ! Well yeah, that with patience and discipline ofcourse.

1 Like

Your magic your rules! :wink: experimenting is always cool

3 Likes

Rav this was definitely undeniably helpfull.
Ur name rings power too. Short for Raven?

There are tons of ways you can get into trance/gnosis, trance can be achieved by overstimulation (stimulants, physical activity); stillness (meditation, hypnosis/self-hypnosis) and even in lucid dreams. In my very beginning I used Betty Erickson self-hypnosis, it’s very easy and practical to do.
It’s pretty simple, you can choose if you start with 5 and then go decreasing or start with 1 and go increasing. You first pay attention to 1 or 5 things you see, hear, and feel (not necessarily in this order)… Then you pay attention to 2 or 4 things you see, hear, and feel… Keep’on going adding or retracting things
For more information you can search about, here I put one of the places that teaching not only this technique but also many others
Self Hypnosis, how to?

2 Likes

Well that was generous, the link u provided is dope…
Thax MrKeleton :cyclone::metal:t4:

1 Like