How do people travel to fictional worlds during AP?

This is something I have wondered ever since I found out about astral projection, I always assumed it was some version of lucid dreaming but people claim it is extremely different, far more vivid, and you don’t control the environment like you could during a lucid dream.

If people’s souls are actually leaving their body to enter a different plane how are they going to a fictional world? Is it some type of thought form in the astral? Multiverse?

Sorry if this has been asked before I just could not find it it by searching for it

1 Like

They created it. The astral is basically a waystation that not only contains spiritual equivalents of physical places but it is also malleable to ideas. Human consciousness is creative and the collective unconscious of the species contains every idea and concept we’ve ever come up with so we’ve imprinted our fictional places upon the astral matrix.

6 Likes

Huh, so where are the respective afterlife planes are they also on the astral or is it something else? This makes me wonder what possibilities there are for reincarnation and stuff.

If you refer to Hells and Heavens archetypes, you could visit them while on the astral plane.

1 Like

You basically travels in a eras full of larvaes/succubii/incubi/parasites created by "frustrated magicians* as Josephine McCarthy would say :rofl:

2 Likes

^ What they said. Imo, these “hells” and “heavens” are no different than the fictions from books, they are locations in the astral, which is the mental plane. There’s no such thing as “after” life because there’s no such thing as death, you shed the physical incarnation and either pick up another one or stay in spirit, which is a form outside of time and space.

1 Like

Interesting, do you think it’s a choice in your opinion?

Well I mean there are tons of more afterlife planes than just heaven or hell, I figured if chaos mages were right and it’s all just thoughtform stuff that official entities would have greater strength than fictional ones.

Yes, like in magick, you manifest as your reality what you fully believe will happen, or what you fear, and the energy flows to that design. So you can show up in any of the millions of hells with or without other people and eventually when you are sick of being tortured and feel like it’s really overkill you release yourself and move on.

1 Like

Neat, are you a chaos mage?

I’m a sort of Jack of all trades but mostly shamanic/hedgewitchy with a side of ceremonial.

As E.A. says, leave no stone unturned in the search for power. And to me understanding is power. So I want to understand everything.

4 Likes

I would love to know and understand how anything could be outside of time.

1 Like

This concept treats time as a dimension necessary for manifesting the physical. It’s it’s not physical time isn’t necessary.

Some philosophies notably buddhism view manifestation not a a connected flow, but as infinitesimal wholly created universes that are slightly different to each other, created based on collective expectations like frames in a move. They look continuous but are not, and this is why you can change them. I haven’t decided if I agree, but I do agree time is more about perception than being real.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I currently believe time itself is probably just a formless continuous flow regardless of whether or not the same thing applies to the individual events which happen inside that flow.

Although the speed at which time moves forward is probably just subjective to individual perception.

Can you give us an example that we can perform on our own that can illustrate your point about time?

That time could be perception based?

Life experience for everybody if you pay attention. “Time flies while having fun”, time seems to pass slower when we’re children and smaller, time for me speeds up and slows down through the week, or when partaking and very marked time dilation effects kick in.

Also Look up the Keeper of Time or the Master of Time from BoA to manipulate it, I’ve posted the small trials I have stopping time to avoid being late while driving.

2 Likes

BOA is Book of Angels?

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like