How did you guys become a Pagan?

When I was very young, there was another girl a couple of years older than me in my village who was also being bullied all the time, but in her case it was other kids, and not her family.
I’ll never forget her beautiful eyes. I always had pains in my stomach when I’d see her walking home, as if they wouldn’t go away unless I came to know her.
So one day, I ran over to her, and we awkwardly started playing as kids often do when they first meet.
The part of the road we were on was somewhat gravelly, so I told her we should dig our way out through the rocks, down to hell because surely it’s not worse than here, haha.

Long story short, she brought me to her house and her entire family were practitioners.
I’ll never forget that feeling of discovery.
She showed me their family altar, and I knew what I was after that.
I wasn’t just another ‘worthless’ child dumped into an unfair game.
Sadly we parted ways a few years after when she discovered what I chose to do with what was revealed to me.

1 Like

Dm Me, mirinae.

I really don’t wish to post the full story here, But I do wish to share with you you seem genuinly interested so ill DM you my reply & leave it at that so you can just listen as requested.

1 Like

You have to make an introduction pl0x

1 Like

im horrable at intro’s just a head’s up but why not, Martious, been practicing for 20 year’s in many art’s of the hidden world to the point were they are all normal to me know although given the nature of it all I still get stuck on the basic’s sometime’s like we all do. Nothing shock’s me or scare’s me anymore but humanity’s capability for violence to its own kind. So I am much more comftable in the spirit world and generaly avoid people other than like minded individual’s, I hope to find some truley open mind’s here.

I may open up to people in time, I will see how the community is as a whole here in the next month or two :). Nice to meet everyone.

1 Like

You have to make one in the intro area

1 Like

Welcome @Martious Please properly introduce yourself in the correct place. CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you have, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

2 Likes

I were born into a christen household, my family are christen, just don’t go to church. Anyway my awakening were when I were harry potter, along have people who were into the occult come into my life for a second, and then leave. Another form of awakening were from hearing the song god is a women by Ariana Grande, who is ones of my favorite pop singer, including a pop group known as Fifth Harmony who sing black magic.

1 Like

Done

2 Likes

Im sorry if this is clogging up thread, can an admin please clean up any mistake’s from my profile on my end inc this measage. I never liked it when this happened on my own let alone here.

1 Like

If you believe anything outside of Abrahamic traditions then you are a pagan. Even if you don’t have a god or a religion. I love the term heathen but now it has been appropriated by the Asatru practitioners.

2 Likes

Nowadays you choose to be pagan you’re not automatically pagan :man_shrugging:t5: though I know druids of the Irish faith were called heathens too.

2 Likes
  • What Paganism actually encompases:

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

2 Likes

i think im not pagan cuz still doing “ritual” over abrahamic god cuz cbf even it at work or home, born and raise as muslim and you know i really dont agree with this and that in islam itself and its really taboo here to talk about it, well in conclusion i dont even know what i am rn

1 Like

I used to practice Wicca on and off for years. It never quite fit me.

I found myself in quite dire circumstances a good few years back and prayed for a way out.

God didn’t answer but another did. This started me on the path I am on today.

1 Like

Yes my dude. You went all technical yet if you see the question is quite obvious what it meant. But hey if you want to put a college class on heathen and paga be my guess. We all know what it means to be called a heathen and pagan by non magickal folk. I guess the issue is the coloquial meaning versus technical meaning. Meh to each it’s own.

2 Likes

What I took the question to mean when, when did you deviated from your traditional religion? I guess I took it wrong. I’m not much into labels created by anthropologists since they rarely match how your Common folk understand the concept. Just like for anthropologist a witch in any culture is a magick user for evil yet the people here don’t see it that way.
As a former Christian in my old church Muslim, Buddhist, and my religion that was non Christian where deemed pagan and heathens. And for most people in Puerto Rico this is the normal meaning of those words. Neo pagans are la led alternate spirituality not paganism.

1 Like

Born a Catholic.
Preserved the rules as closely as my consciousness could.
Prayed and made promises.

Wanted to learn more about Abrahamic God, so I ate the bible and the Quran.
Bad times came, Prayers unanswered, waited more, and more and more and more more. Until, I discovered something really interesting, stricken like by thunder I understood that an absolute God cannot have a name, and not all books put together can explain his reasoning because an Absolute God cannot have one.
If you are silent maybe you get to listen, but the Absolute God never communicates. Any spirit is at the same distance from the Absolute God which never interacts.

We can, however interact with other spirits, and there is an infinite hierarchy of them

1 Like

I became a pagan because paganism allows me to be true to myself and not have to worry about constant judgment or unrealistic expectations.

1 Like

Simply put “Jesus Christ man! Jesus Christ simply wasn’t working”

I was always a skeptic to be honest but I began to embrace Jesus Christ or God or whatever and the more I did the worse things got. Most Christians I told the story to claimed this was a test from God. Yawns. Discarded “God” embraced many other Gods including the God within and I’m doing soooo much better now.

1 Like

i rejected christianity once i realized it was a fear based system, around age 18. Then i came in contact with some hindu books and read those and they made me feel really good, and also expanded my mind with a far larger idea of the divine. I guess that makes me a “pagan”

1 Like