How can I get over fear of death and fear of going to hell?

I was raised in a ver religious household where the fear of eternal punishment and everlasting torment was really instilled into me a a very young age. I ditched Christianity over a year ago and felt drawn to occultism, demonolatry and witchcraft, so this is the path I decided to go with. Ive gotten over most of my religious trauma but the fear of death and fear of winding up in hell after I die is still embedded into me like acid. Some thoughts that come up some times are “what if christianity really is the true religion and im being decieved by Satan?” I really need to figure out jow to rise above the bullshit christian beliefs and rise above fear of dying and fear of eternal damnation because if I dont its really going to block me from evolving in my spiritual awakening.

1 Like

Use the “what if…?” technique.

Ask yourself, “What if Christianity is correct? What then?” Then pause, and listen to your answers. Write them down if necessary.

Then ask yourself, “What is Christianity is wrong? What happens then?” Again, write down the answers.

Look over the two lists and find out just what, exactly, it is that you fear. Is it dying? Is it eternal torture and damnation? Or is it that you are maybe afraid of your own power, of having complete and total autonomy over your life?

It might sound strange, but a lot of people are very much afraid of taking responsibility for what they do, so they gleefully hand it over to anyone or anything that promises them freedom from consequence. Unfortunately for them, they soon learn there is no such thing in life. Everything we do has consequences, for us, and for those around us.

Once you determine what it is you are actually afraid of, then you can laugh at your fear, burn the lists, and get on with your magick.

5 Likes

Dont trip brother. We are all gonna burn. But on a serious note, its gonna take a lot of work and effort on your part to rise above those beliefs. You have been a victim of faulty indoctrination. You are not alone. Keep pushing forward my friend.

1 Like

You can treat this like you would a parasite, which it sort of is, and banish it, aka exorcise it. Visualise it as a kind of tick or leech attached to you feeding on your happiness, and kill it.

The antidote to fear however is understanding. I recommend researching the actual historical origins of the religion, and finding out exactly why the church fear monger like this, and what the original mystery school teaching were that they bastardised to get there, how badly you’ve been lied to, and that goes a long way to fixing the brainwashing.

GO back even further than the JCI religions and learn what people originally taught, a good starting point is the work of historians like Laird Scranton and Fredy Silva (I’m on a Freddy Silva binge myself at the moment). You can get a wealth of documentaries at streaming services like gaia.com (it’s like history channel for esoteric stuff) if you run out of good stuff free on youtube.

1 Like

Study mythology especially ancient middle eastern and greek and roman mythology and you will see how all the so-called holy books consist by nothing but stolen mythology. When you have done this you can then perform a ritual where you destroy Christ by using a cross with him hanging on and burn it.

2 Likes

No need to fear hell if you’re on good terms with the management.

2 Likes

Fear of death: we all die and there is nothing we can do about it. It’s not like you can do something to prevent death forever. So just enjoy the present moment. And if spirits and gods exist (which they do) then surely there is life after death.

Fear of going to hell: try to live your life honorably, try to help people if you can, be kind to others, and be aware of the beauty of good and the ugliness of evil. You wouldn’t enjoy getting screwed over by others so don’t subject other people to it. By being honorable and kind, you increase the value of your life, you influence the world to be a better place. This makes you feel like you lived a worthy life and changed others’ lives for better.
This way, even if contacting spirits was a sin (which is not), you can balance the scales in your favor and still be (and feel) worthy of having a nice afterlife.