Hoodoo Oil Combinations For Candles

Hello.
I ordered a bunch of hoodoo/conjure/purpose oils. Do you guys put multiple oils on one candle or use multiple candles? I read Anna Riva’s Candle Magick book and have been using her methods but I would like to hear from others. Also, if you have any books you recommend that would be great too. Thank you.

1 Like

Each candle needs to have its own intention. You cannot put a road opener oil on a candle with a love oil. Even if you are working on the same issue. For that you would need to burn individual candles, though they can be burned simultaneously.

1 Like

If you hit the search at top right and use “book recommendation” there’s been a few over the years, and we have collected some favourites in this megathread, which is a work in progress and hopefully people will add to it now and them as they come across a book they particularly love:

i usually prefer making my own oils i end up needing something to be mixed multiple times, but sometimes yes I put multiple oils on a candle that will be used for a mixed intention, such as a binding oil and a hexing oil to buckle down on a target, or a spirit summoning oil in addition to a wealth oil for invoking spirits of wealth. its no different than adding multiple herbs into a burn. i dont repurpose candles with different/new intentions after they’ve been consecrated, however, its all done at once with one purpose.

1 Like