Help please: how to effectively use runes

Hi guys
Ive been trying to manifest money with Fehu. I draw it on my body or on paper and keep calling on its name.
If you have succeeded with runes how do you use them please?

1 Like

Please try using the search function in the upper right. It’s the little magnifying glass. There are plenty of threads about runes. Read them.

3 Likes

Fehu is not the only rune for money, you also have Jera (hard work’s reward) and Gebo (gift). You can combine/bind all of them, and maybe add Wunjo (happiness), Ingwaz (inner growth, male fertility) and/or Berkanan (sudden growth, female fertility, spring). NEVER use just any preset “rune formula”, sometimes they use runes like Hagalaz (Hela’s rune, natural disaster, cataclysm and death). People, mostly from new age influences, tend to give a positive meaning to everything, wich is very dangerous.
I drew the meanings of each rune from de Oddas to be as accurate as possible. The meaning of some runes can differ from Old Futhark to Young Futhark to Futhorc, so be very specific about the rune sistem you’re using. For example Kaunan, in Old Futhark means a disease and death, but in another sistem it means torch. So be extremely careful with the runes Üruz (ambivalent meaning, use with other positive or negative runes for definition), Thurisaz (same as Üruz), Kaunan (meaning depends on the runic sistem you’re using), Hagalaz (NEVER use this rune for anything except cursing or working with Hela), Nauditz (negative meaning even if new age ppl say otherwise) and Īsaz (cold weather, ice on the rivers; this rune is pretty neutral and represents the stillness of winter, like a stasis state).
If you’re using the Anglo Saxon Futhorc, be careful with Cweord, Ear and Ior

4 Likes

Asbjorn Torvol’s Beyond Prophecy is a good start point. He acknowledges known associations of their meanings while providing meditation methods to connect with them on what they are saying to you.

Hekate is stern in her warning of Kenaz, for example. If that is her perspective, then that is her magical reality just as the use of period blood is debated based on whether it is perceived as waste product or aspect of the divine feminine by the witch. I use elder Futhark and have had great success with kenaz as the torch.

All that said, if a being straight up tells you a rune is “x” and you have worked with them enough to trust they are speaking truthfully to you, believe them.

3 Likes

To unlock the runes you have to spend 9 nights on each one. Draw the rune in red on a piece of paper large enough to see the rune from a distance, place and light a candle farther back (make sure the candle is the only source of light). Take 3 minutes to gaze at the rune and then close your eyes and imagine it burning for 6 minutes while meditating on the poem associated with the specific rune you are trying to unlock.

You can request assistance from Thunor by invoking him using a Mjollnir pendant or replica, and you can request assistance from Woden by way of the Othala rune.

This may be more effective if you add your own blood to the ink because there’s an element of pain involved which is what Woden experienced and took into himself when he hung himself on Yggdrasil with a spear wound for 9 days and 9 nights to learn the secret of the runes.

5 Likes

Doing an initiation rite where you open yourself up for the runes and the gnosis they can bring is also something you can try.
Perhaps you build via that way an unique connection with the runes and a way of working with them that is personal for you and your path instead of the more useual ways practitioners work with them in general

Definitely gonna look that up, thank you :smile:

Well yeah, though I didn’t tell her not to use it. You’re right when you said that working with runes also depends on personal interpretation, I just don’t want anyone go arround using runes without working them out first. There’s pretty dangerous info on the internet and it kinda concerns me :sweat_smile:

I was actually going to sugest this to her, looks like you beat me to the punch my dear friend. lol Kudos

1 Like

Very Similar to Asbjorn’s suggestions in Heathen and Beyond Prophecy. I wear a pewter Mjollnir which now i think about it is likely helping me by connecting to Thor and Odin. I also meditated chanting the mantra of Odin seeking the runes before i really started working with them in general and by the ninth cycle I swear I felt the noose. All in all, you could say i’ve subconsciously prepped myself for divinations but especialy runes. :joy:

1 Like

Lol, trust me. I know first hand how messing with the web of reality can blowback on you if you aren’t aware of the full range of possibility. I made mistakes I might not have if I had Asbjorn’s work before I played with the runes.

1 Like

Since this is about money manifestation for your needs as well you might want to look at this thread as well.

2 Likes

I was wondering if you were gonna link to that thread where you dropped that Veve, lol.

Cern’s thrown it on me. It works. I still wanna find a good combo in the runes(been thinking of a Jera and Wunjo combo with Fehu like Hekate suggested), but I haven’t quite perfected anything.

2 Likes

I got extremely lucky and was taught the basics on runes by an Asatruar, but I still feel like I need to read that book (even if I haven’t fucked up yet)

1 Like

How do you use runes? I’ve read most people write them down on paper and work with them and/or chant them while meditating about their meaning, but I preffer carving them on candles while chanting, no paper. Does not visualising them have a negative effect on the outcome? Or is it just a personal prefference?

I’ve used Fehu on a green candle when first creating a money token. I’ve also written them down on paper as a charm and visualized drawing a set on walls for protection of my house. All have had a mix of results, but usually decent. Charging them with Ond - your divine breath, essentially - works well, but at some point i’d like to upgrade my runeset from storebought to ones i’ve carved myself and paint in the carvings with Vitki’s Tiver. They already work well for me, but it never hurts to make your own as my experience making my own pendant has taught me.

3 Likes

Why not clay? I feel like carving wet clay would be very neat

Really wanting to whittle them out of cow bone, actually. Good bone white appearance to balance the red of the Tiver.

2 Likes

Thanks very much I’ll be careful and take other advice accordingly too

1 Like

I’ll research more on this info coz I don’t know much about it.
Great practical advice I’m general thanks. M on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is quite important. I see this when people read tarot all the time and it pisses me off.

1 Like