Help me understand why I can't

I’m a little embarrassed to talk about it. But I have a problem that worries me a lot. It is the envy of comparing yourself to others who are better than me. It ruins my life a lot. Even though I’ve been practicing magic for 4 years now, I still haven’t received an “invitation”. I know how magic works, I know many practices and I do them. But in all 4 years, my results are such that I was able to call on an entity that was either a succubus or a parasite, and that I can read tarot well. Although many who just embarked on this path and turned to me for help, I helped and told everything I know, and suggested where to start their journey. Today my friend, whom I told about the Goetic demons two years ago, was able to summon one of the demons last night. Of course, I understand that everyone has different abilities and that it’s all individual, I’m happy for him. Although I am very jealous, and I am sorry that I am not in his place. I understand that my ascension may not happen at all in this life and that everything is individual. And that all this may not even be given to me. Most likely, no one will tell me what my main reason is, and will not answer my questions. But still, can someone tell me where to look for the answer, why and what to do?

5 Likes

Look into your own spiritual heritage.

I used to have the same problem as you describe. I had been practicing magick for many years, but seemed to only get middling results when compared to other people on this forum. I was on the verge of walking away from magick for good, when a friend channelled Belial on my behalf, and he told me that “Spirit (referring to the Greater You) opens in its own time, and cannot be rushed. Do not compare yourself to others.”

In other words, there is likely a reason, specific to you, as to why you might not “catch on” as fast as others. For me, it was because my Higher Self had put up a shield around me when I was a child to protect me from some really nasty stuff that would have destroyed me, but to do so, the shield also greatly limited what outside energies I could sense, making me essentially spiritually deaf and dumb (I was described by a witchy girlfriend of mine back in school as a “psychic black hole”). I had to learn how to work with the shield, rather than against it, before my magick really took off.

12 Likes

If I may ask, how did you become aware of it? I’ve been told by multiple people over the years that they can’t get a feel on my energy, honestly I just kind of blew it off at the time. Reading your description though made something click. Also, if I need to delete this I will, not trying to hijack the thread, still learning the etiquette here.

2 Likes

How did you learn to use the shield and bypass it?

If I may ask, how did you become aware of it?

What exactly do you want to know? How do I know if it’s not working for me? I helped many people who were just starting out. And after a few months, the results appeared. Good results compared to mine that I don’t have

Is it just with magic or the rest of life in general? I’m fairly new on my spiritual journey, but I run into a similar situation with other things. Helping others, I’ve always been able to give advice and figure a way for them to get through it, but it never works for me. Part of me just thinks it’s bad luck, but was there something that keyed you off that it’s something more?

1 Like

However back to your post, the comparison of yourself to others is a hard habit to get out of. There’s no reason to be embarrassed, we all do it to some degree. If you focus on the embarrassment too much, it may hinder your progress.

Now I know that stopping is much easier said than done, but perhaps shift yourself from comparing to you others, and towards comparing yourself to who you were yesterday. Ask yourself at night, what could I have improved about myself today, but also ask yourself what you did well today also. You don’t want to focus too much on the negative side. Keep a journal if it helps, that way you can read over what you’ve put, and within a short time you’ll be surprised at how much progress you’ve made.

You mentioned the Goetic demons, I’m not going to pretend to know what you’re talking about so this suggestion may be worthless. With that said, I believe that there is an ebb and flow to everything, you’ve gone a bit without results, is it possible that perhaps that the current path isn’t the one that you are naturally trying to flow? Does anything else strike your interest, have a pull? If not, it’s entirely possible something is blocking your progress, I’m not in any way trying to say it isn’t. I’m simply suggesting taking a step back and looking if there is anything else.

2 Likes

I didn’t bypass the shield (that’s impossible), I learned to work with it. For example, through trial and error, I learned that the shield basically acts like a permanent magick circle, and when I summon a spirit, that spirit appears within it. I also learned the shield comes with a geas upon it that prevents any spirit from acting against me (I learned this when King Paimon told me he didn’t like it).

Basically, once I stopped struggling against it and “trying,” things began to click for me.

4 Likes

Belial told me, through another magician.

2 Likes

Perhaps I need to get a reading or something, I’ll do more research here. Thank you for your answer.

1 Like

What you write about, I have long passed this stage. You know. There is such a thing as enlightenment. It either happens or it doesn’t. Enlightenment does not depend on time. The same with the astral, all magic. Even madness. Also taken from nowhere, if a person is destined, then it will be so. Practice prepares you for all this and more. But it will happen or not. It’s not for you to decide in principle and for no one at all. But every time you touch it, it eats a piece of the soul, consciousness, you become an indivisible part of what you crave.

I don’t do chaos magic

It is probably a frequency alignment issue. You are reaching out but just not to the resonance you are looking for. Potentially, your subconscious is looking for something in a succubus. Try to call Lilith. Or some spirit called Nahiem.

Zen

1 Like

Very well, it was merely a suggestion, I fully admitted that I was still new, so the tone wasn’t necessary, though perhaps it wasn’t intentional, I’m still waking up. Personally I view enlightenment as a part of the journey, not the end goal, but again that’s my newness speaking.
I wish you the best in attaining what you seek. I’ll leave this to people better suited to help.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you. If you want to go further with this. Then start with meditations, these are the basics, the most important thing is to learn how to relax, concentrate and turn off the internal dialogue

No offense taken :blush:, I wasn’t quite awake this morning and strange dream jolted me. I have practiced meditation for some time now, though probably for a different reason than usually practiced here. I have had some encounters during meditation, but typically have dismissed them as imagination. I will do some research and work to improve. Thank you for your suggestion.

I have a few answers for you as someone who suffered from that problem.

1). Don’t confuse ritual with actual magick!
perhaps you do too many practices. perhaps you should only focus on a few?
most techniques are equal and have the same purpose of leading you from “point A to point B”, but some are just intuitively more comfortable to you as a person, and therefore produce greater results.
stick with the few that work best for you.

1. You’re talking about full body evocation, that your friend did in your post?
    trance work and meditation can assist you there. Also try for an entity that you actually feel an intuitive affinity with.

I feel great affinity with the eastern pantheons, being Asian myself, and gain results from them but nothing for western religions. I do have some affinity with Arzel, Nitika and the angels from the LBRP but those were affinities that I cultivated over time by doing western magicks.

3.) You might lack a “foundation”.
perhaps not enough ‘energy’ to pull it off. why not focus more on energywork that icreases your enegy as the primary purpose?

4 Likes

Do you really want Ascension?

Ascension is not easy, nor will it make everything fall into place for you, as trials and tribulations are all part of the process, but if you really want it, chant this mantra every day:

Mind the warning, though. This will get the ball rolling for your Ascent, so be ready for what will be asked of you. You may be forced to shed whatever holds you back, and it could be heartbreaking. I chanted this every day for 20-30 minutes for six months last year, and it greatly enhanced and solidified my magical power. This mantra is simple, yet profound, which might explain why so few have used it.

6 Likes

What energy practices do you recommend?

By ascension, I meant the discovery of my abilities. And I’ve been dreaming about it for a long time