Help identify these stones?

Hi everyone! I’m sorta new to using gemstones for magick. I bought some years ago & there are 4 I’m not sure about. Help a sister out?

I’m pretty sure this one is selenite.
maybe%20selenite1

4 Likes

And I think this one might be chrysocolla?

4 Likes

I’m thinking this one is some kind of agate…

5 Likes

And this one I’m most unsure of. Maybe dyed onyx? A type of agate? Or just a man-made glass? It has some translucent spots.

2 Likes

Dont know what it is but its so beatuiful.

2 Likes

The first one COULD be Ulexite if it does funny stuff when you put it on a surface (preferably something written) and it works like a magnifying glass

3 Likes

Hi IrisAthena, hope you don’t mind my wanting to comment. Love stones and would like to offer some insight if thats ok :smile:

**There are some charts of raw stones with similar formations and stone meanings, if you think they would be useful to you that I can send. I’ll double check to make sure thats allowed.

Second pic, looks a lot like a type of Jade.

Third pic, looks like you found some nice pieces of emerald :+1:

Fourth pic, thats a tricky one. The translucent spots may help narrow down what it could be. Maybe malachite or a type of tigers/ cat eye.

Great pieces btw!

1 Like

Thank you! I think so, too! Even if I don’t find out what it is, I still really like it. :grinning:

1 Like

Huh! I never heard of that one, but I’m looking up info on it. It does do odd things when placed on text, but it doesn’t magnify or shift the image a huge amount. It like multiplies & shatters the text. Strange. I’m thinking it’s not Ulexite, but I’m not 100% on that. Thanks for the info, Oddnan!

1 Like

1.selenite 70% or quartz ( not sure about that quartz tho) 25% :joy:
2.chrysocolla :ok_hand:t2: 100%
3.looks like Malachite to me :ok_hand:t2: 90%
4.black tiger eye :ok_hand:t2: 100%

3 Likes

Tigers eye and eye love it!

1 Like

Hi, @ofdreams! No, I don’t mind at all; I appreciate it! I’m still kinda new, so I’m not sure about the charts. I wouldn’t post them, just in case, but thanks for the offer!

I don’t think the 2nd one is jade because of the way the colors are broken up. It looks sorta “agate-y” to me, lol.

I don’t think the 3rd one is emerald, but I’m looking at some bluer stones of it & can’t rule it out for sure. Hmmmm.

Yeah, the 4th one I’m almost stumped on, but cat’s eye did cross my mind. I’ll have to look into different tiger’s eyes & cat’s eye gems.

Thanks!

1 Like

Those were my first 2 thoughts. I’m leaning mostly towards selenite, but I have to check out info on that tv stone thing @A_Pariah told me about. It might be a shitty quality Ulexite, lol.

I’m leaning towards this a lot. If it’s a type of agate (I’m still learning how many kinds there are), then I think this one is solved. (But I also was pretty sure it was like 3 other things before this, lol, so, lol.)

Hmmmm… maybe! I gotta check on that.

Really?! Cause it’s dark blue & clearish, the photo made it look a lot darker, but @Raspbreeze & @ofdreams are also saying Tiger’s Eye. Huh! I never heard of a black one. I have a blue one that’s totally different, but I gotta go lookin around now!

Thank you! (And sorry for all the second-guessing! I analyze shit to death, lol.)

2 Likes

Thats okay !!! I have same stone as you do (black one) so i think it is 99% Black Tigers Eye :ok_hand:t2::two_hearts: They are really precious :ok_hand:t2: i will create tomorrow post in my journal about stones so you can get more ideas :wink:

2 Likes

I’m so tempted to put a picture of my balls and ask for help identifying these stones.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s super cool! Thanks, @Dremora! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Dude

2 Likes

I agree, it was bad and I shouldn’t have posted it. I’m in a really shitposty mood today…

2 Likes

No stones sweetheart only 2 little bird eggs :joy::fire:

3 Likes

I have a few different Tigers eye color varients
It really looks like one of them :slight_smile:

1 Like