Healthy Life and Yummy Recepies

Continuing the discussion from Anyone have experience with dieting?:

This thread made me stop in my tracks and think for a bit, wondering if I should share my knowledge on eating healthy and exercise. In reality, it’s such a personal topic and everyone has insecurities about their bodies.

After invoking Goddess Aset about this, I have decided to step up to the plate - not only for myself - but to create a space where others can help each other with keeping each other accountable for eating healthy, exercising, etc.

I am always here if someone needs personal motivation.

My background:

• Classically trained in ballet for 4+ years
  • On a championship dance team for 2+ years
  • Nutrition classes in college
  • Has family with medical degrees
  • Recovering from eating disorder (I get it)

Please note, I am not a professional in this! I’m on vacation this week, so, will start posting in this thread once a week starting next Monday.

9 Likes

I have it book marked :grinning:

2 Likes

First, I want to share a TedTalk by my favorite person in the entire world, Ashley Graham.

Self Love Tips

1. Practice Gratitude

I can’t overstate how powerful this is.

When you make the effort to recognize everything you have to be grateful for, you will find more and more things to be grateful for – including your own abilities and accomplishments.

And when you take stock of everything that is actually going RIGHT in your life, that negative voice in your head won’t be as loud. That’s why I encourage everyone to keep a gratitude journal.

At the end of the day, take the time to write down each thing, no matter how small it seems, that you were thankful for during your day. This makes good days even better and is also a beautiful way to remind yourself how good your life really is.

Also, be sure to pay your gratitude forward. When you feel grateful for the people in your life and the things they have done for you, let them know about it.

Tell them that you see and appreciate what they do for you and for others. This allows you to pass that positive energy on to them and boost their self-esteem as well.

2. Celebrate Your Successes

Schedule some time to write down up to 101 accomplishments you have achieved in your life.

They don’t have to be big achievements; here are a few simple examples:

• Graduating high school
  • Getting your driver’s license
  • Learning to play the guitar or the piano
  • Getting into college
  • Becoming a sergeant in the military
  • Getting a new job or promotion, giving your first talk,
  • Getting your realtor’s license,
  • Getting married,
  • Starting a family
  • Running a 10K
  • Traveling to a foreign country.

Work to create as long a list as possible, even if you have to resort to things like passed the first grade, passed the second grade, passed the third grade, survived Mrs. Zimmerman’s biology class, and so on.

The more you can see how much you have accomplished in your life, the more you will recognize what you are capable of achieving.

3. Try The Mirror Exercise

All you have to do is take a few minutes at the end of each day to look at yourself in the mirror and say – out loud – that you appreciate what you accomplished that day.

Be sure to mention everything you achieved, no matter how big or small.

Because it’s important to give yourself credit for the small things, too! You got up on time, you stuck to your diet, you took the dog for a walk after dinner.

If you feel good about it, you should acknowledge it to yourself. Then, once you have thanked yourself for everything you did that day, look yourself in the eye and say “I love you,” to yourself.

This might seem awkward at first, and you might feel a bit silly, but if you do it every night I guarantee it will change the way you feel about yourself.

One of my students has done this every night for more than 5 years, and I can tell you the difference in both her self-esteem and her personality is amazing.

4. Practice Positive Affirmations

Daily affirmations are the best way to replace those negative thoughts that don’t serve you with positive thoughts that build you up and give you the confidence you need to achieve your goals.

I recommend two different kinds of affirmations when working with your self-esteem.

The first are affirmations that affirm positive things about yourself.

These would include statements like:

• “I am competent, smart and able. “
  • “I deserve to be happy and successful.”
  • “I am growing and changing for the better.”
  • “I love the person I am becoming.”
  • “I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do.”
  • “I always do my best, and that is enough.”
  • “I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do.”
  • “I am worthy of all the good things that happen in my life.”

Because a big part of self-esteem is feeling competent to achieve what you set out to do, you can also use affirmations as a tool to help you achieve the goals that you set for yourself.

These would include affirmations like: “I am so happy and grateful that I have lost thirty pounds and feel healthy and strong in my body.”

By anchoring your affirmation in an emotion such as happiness or gratitude, you motivate yourself to want to experience that emotion for real.

And by stating your goal as already achieved, you create a dynamic cognitive tension in your subconscious mind between what you are affirming and what is the current reality (for example currently being overweight).

That will actually stimulate your unconscious creative mind to resolve that tension by coming up with solutions for you, and thereby moving you closer to your goal.

5. Take Responsibility

My final tip to boost your self-esteem is to accept that you are 100% responsible for your life.

It’s easy to play the “blame game” and say it’s other people’s fault, or that you’re a victim of circumstance when life doesn’t go your way.

But the truth is, you’re the only one who has control over your life – which means you’re the only one who can change your life for the better.

Once you recognize this, you will find it so much easier to improve your performance, learn from your mistakes, and create a life you truly love.

And with every new action you take, and every goal you set for yourself and achieve, you will boost your confidence and self-esteem even more.

Source

aphrodite_by_lotta_lotosd49lw6o

Suggested Goddess to help you: Aphrodite

Aphrodite: self-acceptance to self-love

Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love and beauty. She brings love and healing to those around her through grace and confidence. As roses bloom and apples ripen, so does self-acceptance grow to supreme self-love.

• Mantra : Magnetism
  • Gemstones : Rose quartz, pink tourmaline, emerald (pink or green stones), and citrine to bring Aphrodite’s gifts in abundance!
  • Essential Oils : Goddess-ence Ishtar* blend for the sacral chakra

Affirmations

• I am valuable
  • I “turn heads” as I walk in beauty
  • I am free to be myself, I accept myself as I am
  • I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to me
  • The love I radiate is returned in equal measure

Her Story

Aphrodite is also known to the Romans as Venus. She is the goddess of doves, swans, roses, apples, arts and all things graceful, inspired and creative. According to myth, she emerged as a nymph from the waves and immediately drove almost every male god wild with desire.

Aphrodite was very much a free goddess. She revelled in indulging her appetites, which by all accounts, were as impressive as her looks.

Her Modern Energy

While it may be easy to take this too literally and judge her as amoral, her free and easy lifestyle is more appropriately interpreted as a symbol of the way in which the passion and fulfilment of artistic creativity is eternally available to everyone.

Are you having a trauma at the moment? You don’t consider yourself beautiful? You’re conscious of certain ‘imperfections’ in your appearance? Think again.

If Aphrodite is reaching you today, it may be that you are wishing to recapture the feeling of being ‘red hot’ and highly wanted. You’re looking for the energy and confidence to flirt and with Aphrodite’s inspiration and grace with you, you’re guaranteed to remain in control of the consequences.

Regardless of your shape or size, Aphrodite is here to help you exude a magnetic charisma which, if you allow it to express itself fully, will make you feel attractive and desirable.

Reconnect With Your Inner Aphrodite

Take 7 small pink candles, a related essence oil and a scarf. Each morning as your body is still steaming from the shower, sit in front of a mirror, and light one candle. Anoint the candle with the oil from top to bottom, and then yourself – a drop over your heart chakra, each of your wrists, and on the balls of your feet. Breathe in the scent all allow yourself to meditate for a few moments. Repeat your affirmation, or a dedication to Aphrodite:

Aphrodite goddess of love,
Bless me with your grace.
Love grows, Love flows
Love flows, Love grows

Allow the candle to burn out as you get ready for the day. Place the remaining candles and oil in the scarf until the next day, repeating the process each morning. Always remember the aura you exude is the aura you will attract: be a magnet for love by exuding self-love! You are the goddess of beauty and love.

Source

Aphrodite’s Sigil

5 Likes

If you live at my house, seafood is a common go to! Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

Next Week: How to create a meal plan.

2 Likes

Salmon and sweet potatoes unbeatable duo :rofl:

2 Likes

Gag… sorry you said a cuss word (salmon) Long long story.

1 Like

Whattt salmon taste so good , w some lemon and black pepper lol

Not after you see what they do In Those rivers :joy::joy::joy: 6 years in Alaska made not longer like them.

Is Tuna Fish or Talipia swear words?

Asking, for a friend. :kissing:

1 Like

Nope not at all. I live both. It’s just salmon.

1 Like

Happy Monday! :sunny:

I’ve decided to rewrite my post on menu planning! I realized my last post was not clearly directed or geared to what I wanted.

Let’s start with her, The Budget Mom. An amazing woman who knows her way in the kitchen, menu planning, and budgeting.

On her blog, she states: “At the beginning of every month, I take inventory of everything in my pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. I can’t tell you how much this has helped me. Not only can I see which foods are about to expire so I can use them, but it lets me know what I have on hand so I can create recipes around those items.”

Source

This idea is being implemented immediately in my my home!

Why menu planning is important for you!

Ideas for menu planning

Kinda obsessed with her videos. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Free Meal Planning Apps That Make Cooking During the Week Painless

Mealime

When you first sign up with Mealime, you have a chance to input your type of diet, allergies, food restrictions, and dislikes. It even asks you how many meals you’d like to get out of each recipe (because leftovers are life).

Mealime suggests meals and plans for you, or you can choose to go the more advanced route and build your own plan. Grocery lists are automatically categorized, and any meal can be tagged as a favorite to save for later.

Yummly

You can search for recipes based on course, prep time or what’s trending, or you can use the sliders to narrow down the results by calorie, carb, fat, or cholesterol levels.

FoodPrint

With Nutrino’s meal planning app, FoodPrint, eating healthy is a lot less daunting. Nutrition is integrated into every part of the app from scanning bar codes to inputting your meals to tracking the health content of your own recipes.

Not only are there recipe suggestions, but you can also find recommendations for what to eat at restaurants to stick to your FoodPrint plan. You can even connect the app to another health app or even your Fitbit to make sure all aspects of your health are being accounted for.

If that’s not enough, there’s also a mode for those with diabetes who can connect their glucose monitoring device for seamless meal planning.

Pepperplate

If you choose to use this app, you will be using the website quite a bit, too. That being said, the two sync automatically for a smooth and easy user experience. Search for recipes within the app or add your own to the site. From there, you can put together as many dishes as you’d like (we’re talking feasts) to develop cohesive menus. Import them into the app, and you’re all set.

Add the ingredients in your menus to your shopping list, and then add the entire menu to a certain day in your meal planner. The “cook now” mode features a hands-free interface as well as a built-in timer. Now that’s what I’m talking about!

Spoonacular

The “recipe of the day” feature is just too thrilling to pass up. My fellow planners will appreciate the app’s ability to sync your menus with a Google Calendar. This way, you can send out the dinner party menu to all your friends ahead of time so they can get pumped.

The layout is straightforward and lets you drag dishes to change the order around within each day. You can search for recipes within your already saved favorites or look for new ones in their database.

Suggested Goddess

Hygieia, the Goddess of Health

Hygieia was the goddess of good health, cleanliness and hygiene in Greek mythology, daughter of the god of medicine, Asclepius , and Epione. Her sisters were Panacea (goddess of universal remedy), Iaso (goddess of recuperation), Aceso (goddess of healing process), and Aglaea or Aegle (goddess of beauty and splendor). She also had a brother, Telesphorus, by whom she was always accompanied. Hygieia was often depicted as a young woman feeding a large snake that was wrapped around her body.

Source

A Cleansing Ritual honoring Hygeia

Supplies Needed:

• Sage for smudging
  • Blue candles
  • Blue bowl or cup (ideally blue)
  • Epsom salts
  • An abundance of apples and your favorite fruit
  • Tea
  • Apple Cider Vinegar

This should be done on a weekend or during a time that you are not working, have the day off, and can take it easy.

˜Start this ritual in the evening with a ceremonial bath before you go to bed.

˜While the tub is filling, smudge the room and the water with sage invoking Hygeia.

Dearest Goddess Hygeia
Bless these waters that I am not only cleansed without but infused to my core being with your
blessing of great health and wellness

˜Light as many blue candles as you have and place them around your tub.

˜Fill the bowl or cup with filtered drinking water to drink while you soak.

˜Dissolve 2 cups of epsom salts into you bath. If you would like to add essential oils, I would suggest a combination of 5 drops of lavender + 1 drop of blue tansy.

˜Get into the bath and soak for a good 10 minutes as least. It is beneficial if the water is warm enough that you break a good sweat while you are in the bath. Drink plenty of water while you are in the bath as well.

˜While you are in the bath you can just sit and meditate and ponder about cleansing yourself. Is there an additional cleansing ritual you might like to do? Perhaps the self blessing? Ask Hygeia what you need to do for your greatest health right now.

˜When you are finished and dried off, slather yourself in your favorite lotion or oil.

˜Go straight to bed and sleep soundly.

˜The following day, upon rising, drink 12oz of water with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Drink another 12 ounce glass of plain water one hour later. Breakfast should be fruit and tea. If you need something more substantial, have oatmeal with nuts or a veggie omelet. Drink one glass of water every hour throughout the day and completely eliminate all processed foods for this day.

Spend a few hours cleaning and tidying up your home. Also at some point, get outside and go for a long walk in nature.

At the end of this day, you can choose to take another ceremonial bath. Before going to bed, journal about your experience with the bath and with your food for the day.

Source

Hygeia Symbols

Recipe of the week:

1 Like

Yes please share your knowledge about health and diet, its a good topic that most people are into. Personally i try to avoid gluten and eat low sodium and been feeling better than ever.

1 Like