Has Astrology ever worked for you?

There are many fakes out there. =o) If your talking about specific to the T prediction then it don’t exist. there’s grey areas.

I meant predicting important life events like wedding, divorce, country moves, a period of pain and bad luck those are main things you go to them for right?

Yes, my birth chart helped me be at peace with several paradoxical character traits (like, extreme lust for power, but zero desire for fame or even recognition), and even tabloid newspaper daily horoscopes usually give me a small snapshot of what to expect, trends and not specifics.

And no, this doesn’t work when I just read any random horoscope (though those sharing my element may match slightly better sometimes). They’re usually fluff and platitudes, but if they refer to a specific thing like money luck or to watch out for a chance to make a new friend etc., that part will crop up in some form.

No it’s not.

The Origins of Western Astrology

The formal origins of Western (and perhaps Vedic) astrology can be found in Mesopotamia. There, astrological omens as well as other omens related to, for example, the sky, the weather, or the movements of animals, were followed and cataloged by 3,000 BCE. This was primarily a descriptive type of astrology and was mostly concerned with the moon and eclipses rather than specific planetary movements. However, by 1,000 BCE this type of astrology had “evolved into a systemized science in the sense of an elaborate rule-based system with its own internal logic.” (From N. Campion’s book A History of Western Astrology, Vol. 1. Continuum, NY. 2011.)

https://keplercollege.org/courses/mod/book/view.php?id=1914&chapterid=176

4 Likes

i wasn’t talking about vedic astrology , indian astrology which is considered eastern not western. eastern is not chinese . The western astrology i was talking about is the one that is developed in usa. And i know it’s few hundred as usa hasn’t been that long a country.

It’s the same system though, same signs, etc.

no. if your asking about those then it sound more like fortune telling then astrology.

1 Like

No. they are diffferent system. Still astrology but it’s different. vedic is more accurate. I don’t know the history of them however, western might be copy cat of vedic. There are many systems like that. Copying old system to rehash. I’m no expert in vedic or western. They are too much trouble for me to learn. i prefer system formula base like chinese astrology. It’s all logical base. Easier to learn. Less error room of interpretation compared to vedic astrology.

That happen to feng shui. new system of taking parts and making it new. black hat feng shui is one of them. took parts of the old feng shui system and market it different which makes it not real feng shui or no longer authentic genuine one. Of course people fall for it due to marketing that it works.

1 Like

No it’s not, but whatever. You admit you don’t know what you’re talking about (Dendera) and I can’t be bothered to argue.

Apples and oeanges, and also black hat works better for many Europeans and North Americans, which is legit when you consider it’s a land-based system, secondarily trad Fen Shui (which I can actually do btw) gives people 4 inauspicious directions, which can breed fear in people who just hired a consultant for a bit of help and actually be counterproductive (story of the wheat husks).

2 Likes

the four direction you talking about is 8 mansion feng shui method… blackhat isn’t really valid if you look at the creator that market it. It’s just widely accepted due to sales pitch to the west from creator and those that did great marketing for it. The west learners pick it up cause it was easy to trick the west into learning something great. There’s a whole history to it ,all real feng shui masters know why it’s popular. It falls in line with principles of culture of chinese. Keep it in the family. Don’t teach the real stuff to westerners. It’s like what happen with martial arts all over again. lol.
Don’t mean blackhat works as a true feng shui practice. There’s no case study to back it up accurately. like flying star which is back up by case studies and applies to everyone the same. The proof is the ongoing results that is predictable when analyzing the star. It’s usually the test that tells all. If it’s said to not bang this area of room cuz of such star energy. don’t do it. so one does it and calamity follows. Many household bang same star and get same results. That’s how we know it works as the principles say it does. Such is with flying star. Not so with blackhat. Results vary so much that it could be considered placebo effect. non traditional or classical feng shui has been brainwash into the west culture to be reliable. There’s new system being created too which isn’t needed. repackage you can call it.

Same can be said of magick. Lots of pieces here and there. Some are more complete than another.

It’s really not apple and oranges if your looking at structure rather then content… It’s all system context base structure. I’ve tested out the 8 mansion. not reliable. its’ now considered obsolete in the field for serious feng shui practiioners. Of course there is a market for those as many westerners aren’t serious enough to learn it . Many have to get their feng shui fix with the classical method. Lots of fakes and bad practitioners out there as is in any field.

Too many people get scammed. The classical folks have to usually fix the wrong feng shui methods. That’s the good news. potential customers from bad feng shui taught… The bad news is bad feng shui taught out there which is hard to fix the field. And some of the famous rich teachers are teaching mix up feng shui. So i don’t think it can be fixed. And they know it too. It’s about money greed to them.

I’m referring to Flying Star as well but most people never heard of that, not “That’s your Wealth Corner, buy this resin ornament and luck will rain upon you.”

And 8 mansions is not black hat is not flying star. Flying star just gives people more to worry about as well.

It works for me BETTER than “true” Feng Shui, years ago when I wanted to learn All The Things, and had loads of spare money as a single young lass, I had stuff done by experts, zilch and even bad luck, learned both systems (from actual really old really big books and stuff! :astonished:), still nothing the MORE serious I got about authenticity, the worse things went for me… then after seing an article in a tabloid paper about black hat, started applying it, bingo - great results. :man_shrugging:

Maybe different earth forces, maybe different destinies, maybe different astral forces on parts of the world, who knows.

But I promise you black hat has worked brilliantly for me, for people I did it for, now whether it should really be called feng shui is maybe a legitimate topic for debate, but I have seen its authenticity.

U were doing magick not feng shui. Black hat is more magick then it is feng shui. AS it works with intention a lot. The creator mix up the system with taoist magick.

There’s a lot of system that shouldn’t be called feng shui . such is black hat. It all comes down to marketing.

Flying star isn’t easy to learn for many. That’s why they don’t use it properly and dismiss it. Many don’t learn it properly. If i get a dollar for the people that learn it wrong. i would be rich. lol That’s why i say there are many scammers. they learn wrong and charge a bundle and give bad reputation to feng shui.

3 Likes

I briefly worked as a journalist. The last one to enter the office was the one who had to write the horoscope.

That being said, with help of Danqanicus I got a better understanding of astrology (that doesn’t includes punishing me for enter thirty seconds later than the next guy). He helped me with my natal chart and explained me several things about me; I’m aware of those things, but there was no way for him to know it.

I’m understanding it a little better now… but the punishment didn’t work because I never tried to get earlier due to fear of having to write that Aries should wear colony next thursday since there is a big opportunity ahead.

horoscope is totally different from astrology. =o)

1 Like

I’m down with that idea myself, it may be “inspired by” but seems to differ so much as to be a whole new thing in itself. :thinking:

1 Like

The birth chart (rather than Sun zodiac alone), if read properly, can help a lot.

And birth chart is NOT the only aspect of western astrology. Progression and transit can work well. Horary astrology also works quite well. It has a long history, and found useful even today.

3 Likes

If u look at the principles taught in black hat. It’s way off from actual mapping of the earth energy. And it’s only 30 yrs old or so. Black hat that is. The creator couldn’t learn flying star so he repackage it for the west as he sees it as opportunity to make money. Feng shui to the west started in seminar business. During those times , that’s how feng shui was taught. Seminars were the thing in the 80’s 90’s . Flying star was too hard for westerners to learn. Even now most don’t get it when i go to trainings. It require a different kind of thinking that schools in the west don’t teach. Symbolic formulas and symbolic thinking isn’t done much in the western school. Flowery poem with multiple meanings isn’t learn in western school either.

Don’t get me started on chinese astrology too. So hard for westerners to learn. Even the 5 elements in acupuncture they don’t get it. It has to be dumb down for westerners. Classes are broken into pieces . Takes like 4 classes for when one classes is needed. chinese astrology require you learn some chinese medicine principles.

1 Like

That’s bollocks and I suggest millenia of famine and brutal repression mean the Chinese were maybe putting up shelves in unlucky directions for many years as well, but that kind of regional bickering aside :stuck_out_tongue: black hat works - maybe because it engages magick, maybe the creators saw different energies and utilised them.

You won’t budge me on defending black hat because I’ve seen results over and over again, and even if I let something slip in the system, it will have noticable bad effects, until I slap my forehead and realise, and fix it.

I am not trying to get u to budge. Just saying it’s not feng shui. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The creator was a scam artist marketing it that it’s feng shui using parts here and there. He made a cookie cutter method of feng shui. Easy to apply and maybe 30% chance of getting results. Some are ok with the percentage. (i rather get 90% chance with classical flying star. of course it also require thinking and studying so not many westerners will learn it. They want fast approach such is black hat or 8mansion.) He’s more into taoist magick then feng shui. He was creating something different. repackage they call it. Can’t blame him. Gotta pay his bills. lol You can call any system whatever you want as there is no law against that… Heck , i can say this “wisepup yoga feng shui” is the bomb. lol. And people will believe it’s feng shui for the body instead of the home. =o) If enough people learn of it, you can’t change that it’s not feng shui. If plenty learn my "wisepup yoga feng shui. " no one can deny it’s not feng shui . It don’t actually exist. i’m just using it as example. lol

Now people can learn flying star as the teaching methods are updated and more understand flowery language as chinese culture and learning of the language helps the new folks learn better those thought process. They older folks. yeah , they can’t get it. lol the younger ones can. Most learners of flying star are young people now.

Also those that made black hat famous as they are authors now move on to classical flying star.

Check their got their corners right this year, mate. Not joking. :pray:

100% in my experience, but already said that. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s common sense logical thinking. Look at the principle. No two house/home is the same. You can’t use one bagua map out the energy of every home. It’s flawed. He use the same cures and enhancers. They work but it’s still 30% estimate cuz those energy map may or may not fit into the real energy of the home base on the stars. As a realist., One have to check out the principles of the system.

I would say that your magick which is your intention application of the cures/enhancers is doing the work not the system bagua map that is same for all house. That’s why i dismiss black hat. No two home have same energy. They apply same map of energy to all home. It’s not customized.

1 Like