Has Astrology ever worked for you?

So I know that this is an ancient practice, but let’s face it. Western society has a habit of dumbing esoteric subjects down to sell as entertainment. So I ask. Has practicing astrology been beneficial to you in any way? What has worked and what hasn’t?

4 Likes

Actually in western society pop cultural things like astrology, tarot cards and witchcraft have been more alive than ever since early 90s but yes it’s worked for me on many occasions.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s only Western society as on Twitter and FB, I see lots of astrological interpretations and wannabe astro “quotes” from my fellow Asians and even those from my own country, unfortunately. I am no expert at astrology, would remain an eternal student of it, but so far it did benefit me in observing my own blind spots and recognizing aspects/placements already at play in my life and dealing with them accordingly. It has been a gradual process of self-discovery time and time again. The self-work goes on, and having prominent Mercury-Uranus dominance and prominent Lililth aspects in the 1st house ensured such necessary changes and growth almost all the time.

What did not work was simple, really: letting my natal chart completely define me. Allowing astrology to make a tool out of me instead the other way around.

4 Likes

Depends on the user if they know the craft. IF you learn wrong it will not help you. Might even make it worse for you.

1 Like

Astrology does nothing for me

It definitely has helped me to understand myself better, as well as understanding my family and friends. My parents have very problematic personalities and checking their astro charts made it more acceptable and understandable to me.

But I believe one has to be aware that Astrology is not made for stereotyping and discriminating people (like “oh, he’s a Cancer, he’s always so dramatic”, “oh, I can’t do this and that because I’m Leo”), neither for creating paranoia with horoscopes and future predictions. I see it is a tool for self-knowledge, empathy, psychology and kinda having an idea of the more prominant possibilities for the present and future events. It is to use with wisdom and moderation.

5 Likes

depends on the system. I’m not into vedic or western astrology. I am into chinese astrology. It’s more logical and makes sense to me. It’s all formula base and very accurate. It also depends on the practitioner. Not everyone can do metaphysics. THey don’t have the mindset of critical thinking, logical, analytical analysis type of mind. Some are born natural healers. Some are physical labarers. Just like magick. Some can do it, some can’t due to their laziness or discipline lacking. Or weak will.

Main purpose of astrology is to show you potential and your lucky cycles as well as bad luck cycles so that you can prepare appropriately to utilize those cycles to better life. It’s not already made map of life. It tells you your characteristic personality constitution and possibilities. There’s a range of things . Not yes or no answer. There are grey areas.

5 Likes

I know, I’m saying in all my practice astrology has done nothing for me. I only find it interesting to look but in terms of my practice it’s nothing for it.

Cuz your not applying the info. U know the saying. Knowledge is useless if not applied.

2 Likes

Lol is this one of those moments where you speak like you know my history and practice? If so I’ll stop you there. I have achieved all I set out to achieve without it lol.

You don’t need astrology to be successful. If i look at a chart i can tell why the person is where they are. U still don’t get it. lol why the person ask such. It’s cuz he’s in search of knowing oneself and curious if astrology can help him.

1 Like

Good, then it goes back to my previous and original post on it doing nothing for me lol. The knowledge of astrology is fine and dandy for someone else, just not required or an interest of mine to such a degree that I need to alter my path to incorporate it.

He asked has astrology worked for you, I answered if it works for me lol that was the point of my post regardless.

2 Likes

your answer is invalid. cuz your not using astrology. It doesn’t apply to you cuz your not using it.

It’s as if i say. yoga don’t work for me. It’s invalid cuz i don’t do yoga as a practice. Even though i’ve done a bit of it. It just means i have no interest in it. The question assume someone is applying astrology to their life by application.

1 Like

As if you know my history lol but again regardless of how you feel seeing as how you feel matters none. Reread my posts or not lol. Your feelings aren’t valid to me.

BAsically its useful for everyone if applied properly. as it’s pretty accurate. Of course most people deny it as they don’t think there is a system that maps out one’s destiny potential. It’s ego and free will talking as if there isn’t a higher system in place. It also depends on how you use it. IT can be used for business or finding the right people . business partners matching through astrology. Figuring out when to take risk or not depending on your chart. Figuring out what field to go into . Predicting stocks. etc… Even love match making is possible. Think of it as a guide. Even knowing other’s personality can help you avoid bad people. Also help understand where one lacks so one can focus on improving certain areas of life. It’s up to the individual how they use it. I like to think of it as a ’ life guide or map of your potential. and learning about your weak points so you can focus on those weak points.

western astrology is only few hundred yrs. I go for chinese astrology which is in the thousands so it’s more credible and it’s science like feng shui.

Chinese astrology is the most accurate form of astrology in the world. Comparing it with Western astrology, in which there are only about five hundred possible charts, Chinese astrology has almost 13 million different variations, making it much more precise and unique to you. Not saying one is better than the other. They have their pros and cons. It’s actually easier to learn chinese astrology then western astrology.

1 Like

not a single prediction has been right in my life and I’ve been to many !

1 Like

Velanos, wisepup, do we need to argue? And wisepup, I think you told me at one point in a post you don’t believe in this stuff.

6 Likes

Arguing was not my intention, however it could of been avoided by ignoring assumptions of another :man_shrugging:

nope. I said i don’t believe in karma. not astrology. Astrology isn’t really a belief . it’s somewhat science.
It’s not an argument between me and velenos. Just difference of opinion which he thinks is feelings. lol

1 Like