Has anyone worked with Archangel Uriel?

Yes I bought that amazon recently! I have been wanting to try that out too!

1 Like

Very powerful book that, highly recommend you try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon96441209 If you were mentioning what I said about the LBRP, I’m not sure who you were addressing about the LBRP, me or @wxdoppler . If you meant me, I was just talking about the Golden Dawn’s way of performing it being way more theatrical and dramatic. The “standard”, I guess would be the word I meant, way of doing it is a pretty simple and straightforward ritual that is easily memorized and performed, taking a few minutes to do the ritual effectively. Even the video Koetting did on it, demonstrating how it’s done, is pretty much like the way I do it, without tools/props. My index and middle fingers work just as well as some unnecessary dagger. It’s simple and effective, and I will usually perform the ritual of the Kahballistic ( sp? I don’t remember how it’s spelled, lol ) Cross, also simplified ( I’m pretty good at determining what is needed and what is theatrics and fluff ) after the LBRP just as a “booster” to the LBRP, and that’s generally my banishing routine/schedule. I don’t perform banishing on demons and angels, as I see it as disrespectful and rude to banish a spirit I have asked to do something for me. The only time I would do that is if I discovered that someone has used a spirit to fuck with me. Even then, I would first try identifying which spirit(s), evoke them, and ask them to please cease and desist doing that ( “I have never disrespected you, so don’t disrespect me”, or something along those lines, making it a command if i have to ). This has never happened to me ( fingers crossed ), so it’s a non-issue so far

1 Like

@Dankquanicus I agree. The GoM system is the main system I use and is by far the most effective system I have used and gives me the best results. In addition to Archangels of Magick, 72 Angels of Magick, Sigils of Power and Transformation, Words of Power, Greater Words of Power, Magickal Servitors, and most of GoM’s books are top of the heap, for me anyway. The book I use the most is ( drum roll… ) Demons of Magick by Gorden Winterfield ( which employs angels as well as demons ). It would be no exaggeration to say my magick has grown by leaps and bounds every since I started using their system. I love how they simplify magick to it’s core essence, whatever type of magick you are performing ( most of their system is simplified to almost A+B= results I want ). I can’t recommend them highly enough. My relationships and workings with various demons and angels has been greatly improved and, even tho the occult, as with anything, doesn’t work 100% of the time and you may have to perform whatever rituals again and/or choose another spirit or use several spiritual beings to work on various aspects of the same thing(s) you want to change to what you want and how, it’s amazing how well GoM’s system works for me. I’m not trying to be some kind of “fan boy”, I’m simply relating how well it works for me. It’s always nice to hear of someone that also gets really great results using the same system as I do.
I laugh when some misguided and misinformed person ( usually some "edgy [I hate that word, but it’s common nowadays] teenagers ) say they would never work with any angel. I generally say “Aw, what’s the matter, it’s not ‘dark’ enough for you? It doesn’t feed into your ‘dark flair’? I hate to tell ya, buddy, but omitting the angels from your demonic work is not only reckless and potentially dangerous, but it doesn’t give you the best possible results because without the focus and guidance the angels provide for the demons, but there are some things a demon can’t do, or at least do as well without the angels’ ( and often God’s ) authority and permission. It’s a simple fact that I have personally experienced and know it to be true”. Good recommendation you made. I would get and use as many of their books and stuff as possible. I’m aware that the occult is different for everyone and that your experiences will be mostly unique to you, depending on numerous factors, but man, what a game changer that system is for me

3 Likes

@Cthulhu669
Sorry Cthulhu. I’m still new to this forums mechanics. I meant to say we had a similar way we do the LPRP. I just add in one more angel. I also agree that I don’t understand why some refuse to work with angels. You know some angels are pretty dark, Michael carries around a flaming sword to destroy enemies, Raphael binds things, Gabriel can take away your voice if the bible is correct, and Uriel is an angel of judgement too. I don’t think angels are all pure white light all the time. To me everything good can also have a negative charge too. For both angels and demons. Like a yin and a yang for their personalities.

4 Likes

Hello!

I did work with Uriel. I used his Sigil from Archangels of Magick in combination with Metatron’s sigil to help a good friend with her university studies and she almost instantly became a learning machine, easily understanding a tons of material (pretty complicated stuff for her - maths, computer science, etc etc), she even managed to get top grade on exam she didn’t visit a single lesson on.

And I also did an evocation, asking Uriel to help me with my creative work. I started to get excellent ideas and work more effectively. I quitted my job anyway since it was pretty messed up and I got to hate it, but even in such conditions Uriel managed to help a great deal.

As for experience - well, I described it here: My 4th evocation. Uriel. That was INTENSE!

But it is nothing special, mind you, since I have almost no astral senses.

2 Likes

I was still meaning to respond to this, but I’m also glad to hear you had such positive experiences from their magick. You could say that their works have pretty much changed my life. I don’t think I can turn back now and why would I. There are a small amount of people who don’t connect with their magick and that’s okay too, sometimes one needs magick that feels completely right to the individual for them to get it working, but I still recommend trying the GoM’s books. They’re often recommended as magick for beginners, but I don’t like that because that makes it easily associated as ‘basic magick’ and one must move on to other works once one is experienced, which isn’t the case at all, it’s not simple beginner magick, rather it is close to the pinnacle of magick. It’s far more effective then even the grimoires of old, and aren’t rituals constructed simply through theory and speculation, but rather much of it was communicated by the spirits. Most people don’t understand just how far the magick can go if one sticks to it. It only gets stronger the more one uses it. So it is very suitable to advanced magicians as well.

And most of their books are extremely safe as well. From divination (As well as experience) I have seen that their angelic magick books are completely safe to the magician, although I have seen the Goetia book is not completely safe which is something implied in the book. I suppose that is to be expected, I haven’t found demonic grimoire that I’ve seen to be completely safe.
But some look at that safety and also think that somehow undermines the magick, but it shows it is very well-constructed magick if anything else, and it does not make the magick any less powerful.

They leave one dogma only to follow another, when they should have seen from the change that everything is not as it seems. But that is fine, one must let go of the dogma to experience power to it’s full potential, if not, then it is their loss.

I believe it is more how one interprets them. I always felt some fear while working with them because of how intense their energy is, but it’s because their energy was unfamiliar to me (I believe it’s because of the energy of my soul prior to incarnation), but after working much more with them I get such grand feelings from their presence that I cannot describe. Their presence can feel very… large, which is naturally unsettling to me but one can experience them as very grand and mighty if you get past the fear.
With the Sword Banishing, sometime swhen Yohach and Kalach have appeared to me they appeared as quite disturbing to me (And I’ve seen some scary shit from them) but it’s because of my inner state at the time, a lot of this depends very much on your mind, like I said, it’s how you interpret them. When I was in better states of mind, I saw that appear to me in very grand forms. I noticed for me it’s Kalach who especially goes between the two extremes for me. I think he very rarely appears to me as something in-between, he either appears in a form that’s rather unsettling or appears as a grand Angel adorned with gold (Most of the time) to me. I am very grateful for the Angels in the Sword Banishing. I highly recommend it, it’s extremely powerful.

But as for the powers of some Angels being ‘dark’, they work very heavily with the power of justice, and some think it is dark simply because it is destruction, but I don’t see justice as dark. So it’s a thing of perspective.

4 Likes

Correct.
Dark does not equal destruction/attack/evil…
And Light does not equal healing/love/fluffy unicorns.

Light can attack and destroy. Light can be just as scary as darkness.

6 Likes

I also really love Mystical Words of Power. The main magick in it isn’t something you can fully appreciate as a beginner but after some experience it’s a really nice book.

3 Likes

@Dankquanicus Oh, man, all you have to do is look in the Bible and see how they are described. They are just as freaky and scary in their natural form as any demon, elemental, and so on. Look at what most angels generally say when they first appear to someone : “Don’t be afraid”. The Cherubim aren’t the way they’re commonly thought of as cute little Cupids, they are scary looking beings with 3 faces, 4 sets of wings, bird talon feet, and so on. There is even a video on YT, which I haven’t clicked on yet, called “Why do Bible accurate angels look so creepy?” They are fearsome beings and can fuck someone up just as much as someone like Foracalor, Glasya Labolas, and any demon good at hexing. I wouldn’t want any spirit working against me. People get confused ( mainly due to Hollywood and religion ) into thinking angels and God = good and everything beneficial, and demons = evil and everything baneful, neither of which is true. I don’t let my guard down with any spiritual beings, they are not to be taken lightly and can traumatize the hell out of someone not prepared for them. While I generally get a serene feeling of peace with the angels, I know they could just as easily kill me with a thought, and I get very pleasant feelings with many demons ( who could also fuck you up )

6 Likes

Nice system, sounds like you modified the LBRP to fit your style and made it your own which I think is awesome! I do something similar though instead of archangels I call upon aspects of Babalon (Ishtar, Babalon, Ashteroth, Isis) whose forms were what inspired much of what Western Angels look like. Biblical Angels or Zoroastrian angels usually took on forms of pure swirling energy. Which actually makes more sense then the humanistic forms seen in modern art. But any form given to a formless entity is just for our minds anyways.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s probably a quick telepathic and empathic scan they do, then these beings ( if you even see them ) will use the intel gleaned with the scan to take a form you expect and wish to see. Many would scare the daylights outta people if they appeared in the forms described in the Bible/Torrah/Talmud.

I like the way you modified the LBRP to call various aspects of Astarte ( Astaroth, Ishtar, Angra, and so on, I’m guessing, would also be effective). It’s a shame that a Goddess of love, beauty, and the arts was twisted into an “evil demon of lust”. I have been wanting to use an evocation of Astaroth, substituting the name Asarte for Astaroth ( but still using the sigil of Astaroth ) as kinda an experiment

1 Like

Somewhat similar feelings sometimes appear in me working with Attakeria, when he assumes, as I understand it, his true form - a column of fire with a face. It is both a little frightening and at the same time exciting from the scale and form of manifestation.

Of course, Attakeria does not belong to the angelic system, but, in any case, interesting experience.

1 Like

A quote I always like to say “The gods of the past are the demons of the future”. When the Isrealites changed from ancient Caananite’s to Monothiestic Judiasm they demonized many of their beloved gods and spirits. Obviously Christians did the same thing to the “Pagan” gods as well. That is why I stay away from religious texts as much as possible when learning about a spirit. I don’t need religious bias influencing my connection. Unfortunately though enough people have energized the “twisted” forms enough that they too exist. But the shadow lives in us all, so why not also the spirits.

2 Likes

Yes, what you say is a similar “thread” as the fierceness of the appearance of angels. I’ve noticed that some “dark angels” are thought by many to be demons ( Abbadon, Samael ) but they are angels. They’re dark angels, but they’re angels. I haven’t worked with Attakeria, what is he like and for what purposes can he be employed?

2 Likes

You know, I have a saying that I have been using for decades which is pretty much the exact same thing : “The gods of one age are the demons of the next”. I agree with you on all points

2 Likes

Attakeria is the gatekeeper of the western gates of the Fiery World. It has three forms of manifestation: androgyne, dragon with a fiery mane, and a pillar of fire with a face or mask. Before me he appears in various blue color. When Morpheus summoned him, he appeared to him as the dragon with black scales and blue flames. And Attakeria told him that he has access to other worlds and he can teach pyromancy, hydromancy, magick tongues and power of light. Perhaps he has some other possibilities. In any case, now I am working with him on compiling the alphabet of the Fiery World. As I understand it, it has some kind of magic functions. Also, when working with him, I noticed an increase in creative activity, if, for example, I feel a need for it.

2 Likes

I have experience with him in a general sense. A great way to work with him is the LIRP. You charge each pentagram with AGLA, divine name associated with earth.

As you apply the divine name, you throw you intent into the pentagram (buisness) You then evoke Uriel in all the directions.

“Before me, Uriel. Behind me, Uriel. On my right, Uriel. On my left, Uriel. From above, Uriel. From below, Uriel.”
This is an excellent practice to incorporate regularly, and you can modify it as needed.

3 Likes