Harry Potter

What’s everyone’s opinion of the series? I consider it fantasy for people who aren’t into fantasy. It’s not bad, but it’s kinda bland. However it has some controversy.

2 Likes

It’s okay, watched it a few times. A lot of people told me magic like that doesn’t exist but you can do anything just not like that.

And through my self-teachings I have learnt nothing is possible, everything is permitted. It is just unfolding the secrets through locked doors that require a lot of energy.

Gods and Goddesses, etc can grant these wishes to those that want it if they so choose.

Daniel your profile pic scares me.

1 Like

Should have read the books when you were a kid.

My mom read them to my brother and I as kids on long rides to see relatives.

2 Likes

I mean I liked it, fantasy was always my favorite genre so that’s a plus. However, the constant showing of it somewhat killed it for me.

I was thinking about uploading a different picture. It’s just my mood.

I didn’t even realise there were books at that time.

That’s very nice of a parent🙂

About the movies I was a fan as a teenager but I always found it stupid how Harry could even keep it up with Lord Voldemort.

5 Likes

Harmless fun for kids and weird adults. I do like the movies’ aesthetic.

2 Likes

I never liked the series
First few books were great then its became complicated and boring

1 Like

Only read it till Order of the Phoenix. They were fine at the time I read them.

@Johnny_Samhain I had a malicious ex in my teens mock me using HP. Basically trying to put my practice of magick down to it and make fun of me. A very disgusting and vile girl who liked to play head games. This was long before any movies had come out and it was just a book. It was one of my first negative reactions from others towards my practice, and it wouldn’t be the last either.

When I was younger, some people liked Harry Potter and other people liked LOTR, I liked LOTR.

LOTR is better.

2 Likes

Lol, but he’s so happy! I rather like it :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s a Darkling from The Darkness (comic, art by the inimitable Marc Silvestri) or something else? It’s a popular theme.

I really like Harry Potter. I read the books and watched the movies.

Well, cant say I liked it. Neither did i hate it. It was just… kinda boring. I didn’t even finish it, both the books and movies. But LOTR, that I finished. It was my childhood favorite and still is now. But HP lacked something, just don’t know what it is.

Well it was an important part of my childhood and I love till today. It’s my favorite fantasy series, (even though today I know is far from perfection)and because of what meant to me as a child I even got a tattoo of the deadly hollows, I also like the meaning of it (master of death) so… to me HP is for life, is “the place” I run to when I’m down, I guess exactly because of my childhood, give me the “safety innocent childhood feeling”. I consider myself a “geek” in those matters, I love HP, LOTR, SW, MCU, all that stuff :laughing:
Now if I had to choose a fiction story to compare with real life, magically speaking, I think Supernatural is the one that get “closer”.

1 Like