Group project: Visiting each others dreams

This. A controlled and mutually agreed fight/sparring match/game of tag/etc. is good times. But an “attack”, not so much.

Attacking on site is just rude. (I’m talking to you Nomad)

But a friendly contest like a Xiaolin Showdown can be more fun than you can imagine.

I wouldn’t worry about timing issues. I’ve read credible accounts of shared dreams that have happened years apart.

I find times helpful but not essential when I’ve done remote healing work, it’s a bit of a grey area. Can’t hurt to include it.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:17, topic:2863”]Ensuring Stability
For anyone new to lucid dreaming or who hasn’t mastered the skill of stabilizing a dream, becoming lucid can cause massive destabilization which often results in waking up. If you do find your target and tell them they are dreaming, there is a good chance they could wake up unintentionally.

I generally rely on brisk movement to stabilize a dream. In order to force this on another person, when I tell them they are dreaming, I put my arm around their shoulder and give them a good shake. (I’m a big guy so that’s usually easy for me to do)[/quote]

Ah, thanks so much for clearing that up for me, I just thought I’d been kicked in the head too much to go lucid easily lol. Definitely when I start going lucid I have to kind of mentally “grab onto” my surroundings and hang on tooth and nail while the whole dream starts bucking around.

Also it’s interesting how other people are also reporting having different priorities, reactions, etc. in this state, when I at first believed that lucid dreaming would transition to a “normal” state of consciousness, albeit in a dream. Or does that come later?

Hope someone doesn’t mind answering the noob questions.

If you’re new to dreaming, or if you simply haven’t read it, I would pick up Carlos Castaneda’s The Art of Dreaming. You may want to read the first several of his main works along with it if you find yourself having trouble with the terminology or concepts.

The book goes through the lessons in dreaming he learned as an apprentice to a sorcerer, and much of it is practical information for cultivating dreaming attention.

Even though anyone reading this probably won’t listen, I would recommend taking a long period of time, at least a few months, to read through the book and digest it. Read a section before bed each night at least a few nights a week, and when you get to items that are specific lessons, reread those sections several times – even going so far as to not proceed until you get a grasp on the lessons. If you do read ahead through the book, use several bookmarks to go back to lessons you haven’t mastered yet.

Also, for a few other suggestions:

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/something-simple/msg15799/#msg15799]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/something-simple/msg15799/#msg15799[/url]

No, lucidity is not the normal state at all. Normal is going along with everything around you on autopilot.

Not sure normal is doable. First of all, you’re still in a dream, so that means you have way fewer inhibitions. Even less when lucid.

Thanks to the both of you for the clarification.

And upon this mark I unite the worlds

I’m going to use the Linking Sigil Ellis to expediate some shared dreaming. It’s perfect for the job, since it is a linking sigil after all. It’s a chaos sigil if there ever was one, in that it links up with every other instance of it’s self that anyone anywhere has ever used. It’s a doorway, leading to countless sacred sites and magical works around the world.

As for how I’m going to use it, Castaneda was once told in one of his books to wear a ring that was a little bit too tight as a lucid aid. The idea being that it’s uncomfortable enough that you would be aware of it in the dream, and when you sought out an explanation for that discomfort, it leads back to the ring you put on to make yourself lucid. Obviously it’s not uncomfortable enough to keep you awake all night.

I’m going to modify that ring method, using the same principle, only with a different execution. I will inscribe the Ellis sigil on an object, and perhaps tie it or tape it to my body so it’s uncomfortable enough to be felt, creating an anchor point in the dream.

My Princess and the Pea spell could easily be modified to work with the linking sigil as well. Just swap out the sigils and leave out the the nasty bits like the thorns and spit.
[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/curses-and-hexes/the-princess-and-the-pea/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/curses-and-hexes/the-princess-and-the-pea/[/url]

If anyone else wants to “link in”, please let me know.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:48, topic:2863”]And upon this mark I unite the worlds

I’m going to use the Linking Sigil Ellis to expediate some shared dreaming.
[…]

If anyone else wants to “link in”, please let me know.[/quote]

I’m interested in linking in, though the sigil link is apparently broken, or at least it is for me at the moment.

Also, Castaneda said a headband was often used for the same purpose as the ring, fwiw.

Having crap for dream recall, not sleeping well.

But I threw a linking sigil under my mattress, and it worked wonders to help me focus. Kept pulling me back from wherever my mind drifted off to and focused me back on the sigil and why it was there.

Still haven’t made a contact sigil to fall asleep with, but I’ll do that as well.

Edit: I think I might have mistakenly edited out a post. Is that linking sigil visible or what?

Was on an astral beach with an alien the other night, anyone who may have tried visiting, does the beach sound familiar to you?

I don’t think a single night goes by where I’m not on the beach or shoreline. I’ve had shit recall, don’t remember being an alien. But it’s possible it could have been another dreamer who was themselves in their version of the dream, and you just saw an alien because you recognized them as something from outside your dream.

I’d need more details of their behavior to tell what it was. To that end, it would be helpful if those participating would keep a public dream journal somewhere accessible to the rest of us. I’ve started up mine again here: http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/The%20Cusp/

No, it shows as a broken link. You deleted the post that had the linking sigil, though I did see it and went to the website that discussed it. Would be good to repost.

Fixed the original post and once more for good measure.

I think this link is also relevant - did you post it before?

[url=http://theblacksquid.blogspot.ca/2013/03/queen-ellis-aka-linking-sigil.html]http://theblacksquid.blogspot.ca/2013/03/queen-ellis-aka-linking-sigil.html[/url]

These types of endeavors always lose steam after an initial lack of results.

While I’m still not getting much sleep, perhaps I can act as a facilitator to make it happen. I happen to be pretty good are influencing people’s dreams remotely. I can insert things into people’s dreams, so why not other people?

Below is an example from one of my first attempts in 2008, where I tried to send a platypus.

The Animal --I see an mammal with a long body and shortish legs. I don't see the head; it is moving away from me. The tail is round and smooth and medium length. The hair is short. I can't remember the color. I think at first the closest I could come to it would be an otter, but the legs seemed longer than that. Then I think it is more like some sort of marsupial--one of those Tasmanian tigers or something like that. If I could have seen the head I would have been able to tell better.

If you guys wants to team up into pairs, I can try to do one of these (without the kissing of course)

Assuming average recall, I usually expect to get through to my target within a week, two tops. All I ask is that you post your dreams somewhere that I can see them for the duration of my efforts.

I’m bumping this - my OP in General served its purpose and seemed to be causing alarm and confusion, so I removed it - this isn’t abuse of mod-powers, anyone can request a topic they started be removed if it’s served its purpose or is somehow problematic.

If people wish to discuss group dream work etc., this is a great place to do it. :slight_smile:

Bump I think this is good practice just don’t go to nightmares